Can you somehow save leaderboard replays?

• Thread starter doctorrg
  • 14 comments
Australia
Gold Coast
drbrg
Silv3rEy3d
Simple question, as the title says. I can watch my own replays through the leaderboards, is there a way to save these locally? Or is there simply no way if you didn't manually do so at the time?

Secondary question, only a few of my times have replays attached, while others don't. Is it a known criteria for when an entry gets a replay and when not and will the replays eventually be dropped?

While we're at it, if you do a longer rivals session, is there any way to only save the replay for a particular lap, or a simple way on the xbox to extract only a single lap from the full replay?

I don't think you can save them locally but a time consuming way to sort of keep it would be to watch it and record it with the Xbox game DVR, I don't know if this would work with your intentions but it's an option. Also bear in mind the game only lets you save 10 replays locally.

I honestly have no idea on why some times get replays and some don't, for me all but 1 or 2 replays have uploaded but one of my friends doesn't have a single replay to watch.

You can't save just a single lap unless it happens to be your fastest and uploads to the leaderboards, I don't know if you can edit or shorten saved replays in game but again maybe the game DVR could be used depending on what you wanted to do with the replay.

I honestly have no idea on why some times get replays and some don't, for me all but 1 or 2 replays have uploaded but one of my friends doesn't have a single replay to watch.
Some people are hiding their replays on purpose, some to keep people from seeing how the car is built others because they are cheating and maybe a few by accident.

I know how to hide them but don;t like it when others do so I do not hide my own.

Some people are hiding their replays on purpose, some to keep people from seeing how the car is built others because they are cheating and maybe a few by accident.

I know how to hide them but don;t like it when others do so I do not hide my own.

I don't think my friend is hiding them however that's done, he's not anywhere near the area where people would be looking for his build or suspecting him of cheating. I didn't realise people could hide their replays on purpose though, just thought it was some kind of server issue.

I'm not sure but running in a multiplayer race and getting a DNF may prevent the replay from posting and I have had one instance where one of mine did not post which I am unsure of the reason but normally they all post.

There are also some cars that were banned from posting due to being glitched like the mini for example

I'm not even sure how you'd be able to have an option to do that or not, but I have noticed some leaderboard times missing replays.

As for the car build, you can download anyones tune at any time I believe.

I'm not even sure how you'd be able to have an option to do that or not, but I have noticed some leaderboard times missing replays.
You do not have an option to do it but there is an easy way to do it that some people are using. I tried it myself and was able to hide my replay in rivals mode but I only did it to see if it worked the way i was told. I like my replays being posted.

As for the car build, you can download anyones tune at any time I believe.
Nope. You can only download tunes from the leaderboard if the tune used is shared. I have shared a few of mine and others I have not. Those that I shared you can get from anyone who used it to post the time. Those show a full circle to the right and will tell you who the tune is by. The ones that are not public/shared will not let you download them nor will they say who tuned the car.

Thanks, I should really be looking into this Game DVR feature.
Yes for sure. If you have a Kinect you can just say "Xbox snap DVR". Then at that point you can save the PREVIOUS 5 minutes, 2 minutes, 30 seconds or a few other options. Then go into that video and edit it any way you want. You can also tell it to start recording then stop it when you want.

You can also say "Xbox record that" and it automatically records 30 seconds prior to you saying that. If you do not have Kinect you can double tap the guide button and hit Y or X. One of those takes a screenshot, one of those records 30 seconds prior to pressing the button.

I don't think my friend is hiding them however that's done, he's not anywhere near the area where people would be looking for his build or suspecting him of cheating. I didn't realise people could hide their replays on purpose though, just thought it was some kind of server issue.

Same for me. I'd been watching some of my replays, I then wanted to have a look at my replay from the monthly Ford GT at Rio rivals event, and there was none. Just wondered. I guess it comes down to a simple failed upload, and that's that.

[Edit]
Actually, no, it might come down to where, as in what event, you've posted the time. Had another look at the actual monthly rivals event and my replay is there. I previously looked at the S-Class leaderboard, i.e. at S-Class Rivals, and there is no replay attached to that very same entry. Is it possible that a replay only attaches if you actually use Rivals to post a leaderboard time?

Last edited:
In previous Forza games you could get a replay from most laps early on but then later in the game it only posted replays in rivals events or if you posted a top 100 time.

All the way back to Forza 2 any time that placed in the top 100 at the time of posting would attach a replay.

Now that they have expanded rivals to every class on every track it may store all replays

Not sure how it's handled exactly, but there are an awful lot of entries in the leaderboards without replays attached. If it ends up only being the top 100 I can only hope they keep the top 100 for each division as well, otherwise, I'll have no replay in no time.

That said, I've just used Game DVR to make my very first video in FM6! Woohoo! Just started the timer at the beginning of the first repeat of my rivals lap and ended it when it finished.

Not sure how it's handled exactly, but there are an awful lot of entries in the leaderboards without replays attached. If it ends up only being the top 100 I can only hope they keep the top 100 for each division as well, otherwise, I'll have no replay in no time.

That said, I've just used Game DVR to make my very first video in FM6! Woohoo! Just started the timer at the beginning of the first repeat of my rivals lap and ended it when it finished.

Well like I said with the new rivals mode they may need to keep them all for the sake of having the ghost for your rivals to race.

In the past it was only the top 100 but that does not mean that they deleted them when they dropped outside the top 100. If you were the first person to play then you would get a replay no matter how slow it was. If at a later date you go out and beat your time then if that new time did not fall in the top 100 at the time of posting then it was not saved to the leaderboard. In FM4 they did save them in rivals mode even if they were 1000s from the top so I would say that it is likely they will here.

The division break down is pretty cool in a way but can be very misleading. If you happen to be in the #1 car or the same type of car as the #1 then you can see how many other people drove that type of car and compare your overall position to that fairly accurately but if you are in any other kind of car which falls into a different division then the position it shows will be missleading.

For example lets say I take a LMP car and bump it up to X class then run a few laps around the Indy Oval in it. I could very likely get #1 in that division but that would not mean I was the fastest driver in that type of car just that I was the fastest driver so far in that type of car who had not already driven a faster car there. Of course in my case I have already driven a faster car there and would not be able to post a time in a LMP unless I created a new profile to do so as they only save your fastest time overall not per division, would be cool if they did though.

@HBR-Roadhog got ya, and yes, it would be awesome if they had proper divisions, and you could post a time in each of the divisions, but what they've got is better than nothing. At least you can compare yourself to other people who choose to only drive in a particular division. There's a reason I'd never take that E23 to Rio. I don't want to drive it there, and I don't want to ruin my best Indy time, as that's a car I will be driving there for some time to come.

Back