Can you stand the Midnight Club L.A physics?

• Thread starter :Ziggy:
  • 18 comments
Is it just me or have the physics in the game ruined the game for you.
I mean you cant even properly drift in the game, the rear tyres never break traction and spin when you have a bit of speed, not to mention the severe lack of smoke which really gets to me.
I also hate the way the speed can drop so fast when you make a high speed turn and you go into a gentle slide. The lack of the need to use brakes and that is just the start of it, I know its an arcade game and its designed to make it easier for casual gamers, but i would really appreciate a hardcore mode like in Test Drive Unlimited.

I don't think Midnight Club is ever intended to appeal at the same crowd who like games like Test Drive Unlimited, but that said I didn't much care for the physics. The game before, Midnight Club 3, allowed you to change your car hugely, to the extremes of insanity with zero grip, to a car which won't slide at all and that was the way. They've killed any kind of fun sliding now, and there's not alot you can do to combat it at all, and certainly no major differences you can make. It's a shame, it's the physics which put me off, combined with the lack of club features we used to have, and a simple text chat so everyone can speak in the game without knowing them or having headsets.

I had Midnight Club 3 and being able to tune the drift factor and other stuff certainly allowed you to combat it like you said, but yeah totally agree with you. A car game where you can't slide your car: What were they thinking!

I had never played a Midnight Club game before Midnight Club: Los Angeles, But I really like the physics. Big differance from previous MC games?

I was afraid it would be like the horrible driving experience from GTA IV since it's the same developer.

but, MC:LA, I like.

I think the physics in MCLA were geared purely for weaving through traffic so its more of an arcade setup with only slight steering response rather than anything realistic. Its alot like NFSU's physics in my opinion.

I know they tweaked the physics in a patch released shortly after the game came out after many reviewers sighted it has way too hard to win. Even now its a frustrating game at times because you tend to crash out and once you do its basically all over.

Robin.

Yeah the handling is a bit jiggly. I agree that it needs some adjustments too. But overall it is still a great game.

If you want something more serious and boring look into Snorza 3. Or maybe the new Test Drive? But it may be very disappointing knowing that you cannot mod any cars. Boring!

Last edited:
It's one of these games that i ignore the physics and just have fun. The game obviously wasn't meant to be a serious racer along with TDU2. Very enjoyable and fun but certainly not serious.

If MCLA's physics are relatively the same as MC2, then no. The worse part is how the AI will try to sabotage you and how you can't nudge them at all

Nope, i bought the game, hated the physics, then traded it in. I like some games' arcade phyics but at leatst you have some decent understeer and oversteer. I didnt even have to use the brakes in mcla...

The physics only bugged me when sliding. Otherwise they were perfect for weaving in and out of traffic. Got 100% on the game and they were never THAT bad to deter me from playing the game.

The crash physics, or more accurately the rollover physics, are quite bizarre for MCLA. Sliding is also a bit odd, but the physics make the game fun otherwise. Small wonder it's still the only non GT game I really play these days. That and the customisation anyway.

Jai
I think they're great for that particular type of game.

Exactly. It's an arcade street racing game, the main aim is to end up with a pimped Lamborghini, so what would you expect? rFactor level physics?

I'm playing this with a DFGT now and yes physics is total arcade but it feels much better with a wheel than a pad, I have more control, traffic slalom at speed is easier now. I turned "vibration" off because when you drive off the road FFB feel to harsh. I also use bumper cam and steering sensibility at 0. All in all a fun arcade game for my DFGT.

Back