Can you use a physical disk to play on older version with newer version save?

• Thread starter rezpawn
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
I have a digital copy of the game, if i were to buy a physical copy can i use my newer save to play the older version to do any of the money glitches or higher payout races or will it force me to make a new save or update the game to use my current save file?

I have a digital copy of the game, if i were to buy a physical copy can i use my newer save to play the older version to do any of the money glitches or higher payout races or will it force me to make a new save or update the game to use my current save file?
As far as I know your save file with its progress will be tied to your account via your PS Plus. You'd have to pull your save down from the cloud to play it in any case. I doubt this would work, as i'd imagine it would be linked to the game update version it was saved on. You certainly wouldnt be able to race online if the game wasn't updated as you'd be on an older update spec. But I guess there's only one way to find out?

As far as I know your save file with its progress will be tied to your account via your PS Plus. You'd have to pull your save down from the cloud to play it in any case. I doubt this would work, as i'd imagine it would be linked to the game update version it was saved on. You certainly wouldnt be able to race online if the game wasn't updated as you'd be on an older update spec. But I guess there's only one way to find out?
Only(?) way around would be to make up a new account, I have four on GT7

There's no way around it. A non-updated version of GT7 won't allow you to access anything but Music Rally and arcade mode of any circuits you have unlocked, and you can't save any progress you might make.

There's no way around it. A non-updated version of GT7 won't allow you to access anything but Music Rally and arcade mode of any circuits you have unlocked, and you can't save any progress you might make.
Oh yeah i forgot that this game is online only.

Back