Can you use emojis that aren't made by GTPLANET on these forums?

Not currently, but you will be able to after the next site update.

They can be displayed by using the [IMG] BB code? I don't know how to explain it very well, I copied the code for the one above from a website.

They can be displayed by using the [IMG] BB code? I don't know how to explain it very well, I copied the code for the one above from a website.
Oh, yes, if you're just embedding them as images from some other websites, that will definitely work. Those are generally referred to as "smilies".

I was referring specifically to "emojis", which are actually characters that you usually insert via an emoji keyboard on your device. If you try to insert them into a post now, you'll see them in the text editor, but once you submit your post they will disappear because our database's character set cannot read them (yet).

Emoji support is a pleasant surprise. Sorry folks, I'll just say it... I have no shame in how much I use them. :lol:

@Jordan

Dark Mode
:cheers:

If you use firefox, download the dark mode extension and you are covered (kind of) :lol::lol:
upload_2020-8-7_13-36-35.png

I was referring specifically to "emojis", which are actually characters that you usually insert via an emoji keyboard on your device. If you try to insert them into a post now, you'll see them in the text editor, but once you submit your post they will disappear because our database's character set cannot read them (yet).
Will we desktop-browser-only users get a palette of some standard emojis? I wouldn't mind some more choices without having to embed outside images. :)

Will we desktop-browser-only users get a palette of some standard emojis? I wouldn't mind some more choices without having to embed outside images. :)
Yes, the emoji button in the new editor will give you access to all 3,000+ emoji and our custom smileys (like :gtpflag:) in one menu, on all devices. You'll be able to search for them by name, too, so you don't have to scroll through a giant list. :)

Last edited:
Yes, the emoji button in the new editor will give you access to all 3,000+ emoji and our custom smileys (like :gtpflag:) in one menu. You'll be able to search for them by name, too, so you don't have to scroll through a giant list. :)
That sounds cool (sun glasses emoji)

Would be a wonderful prank if the update/release is in the beginning of December; a few of the the emojis would also trigger Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You".

Please don't give him any ideas. :nervous:

Back