Canadian Pricing

  • Thread starter Thread starter un_peacekeeper
  • 133 comments
  • 7,690 views
bah, my friend lied to he. he didnt actually phone superstore, and they got it in. told him to phone walmart, but i doubt he phoned their either. maybe they got it too.
 
Richmond, BC Canada here...richmond center eb games...- called and the guy said the shipment will arrive at 10:30, ready to sell around 11AM. oh...and he added there are 181 preorders at the store...but he said sony said they will have enuf...they better
 
moproinc: funny you say that.. out of all the manufacturers and models, and on a video game forum.. you mention the Ford Focus and you are right.. its that stupid car.. from what I read though, I'm lucky it hadn't happened yet.. Hopefully it won't break in the game too!

Glad you got your game and DFP.. I hope to get the game today and hopefully the ignition cylinder too.. i know its off topic.. but did you get yours changed? did you have to redo all your keys and stuff too? (the 50$ keys that is).. I just hope i can keep my keys and not have to reprogram them
 
Well in about an hour in a half i'm gonna be off to make my rounds again. First stop, EBGames. They promised they'd have it at 10:45am today. If they don't have it, i'm going to rip the clerk a new one for having me drive all the way out there for nothing. If they don't have it, i'll stop at Futureshop, across the street. If there is nothing there, I'll go to Best Buy. Then BlockBuster as a last ditch effort.

If you think I was pissed about not getting the game yesterday, you won't want to see me if I don't get the game today! Watch, i'll get there and they'll be like, "Sorry, a fat truck driver named Bubba stopped at Timmies too long and we missed our shipping window, so they'll be here next week".
 
i got mine from toysRus in at cedarbrae mall WITHOUT a preorder yesterday (feb22) at about 11am.
then didnt stop playing until 12:45am :dopey:
 
CrackHoor
We just got the EB in my backwoods town last week so if they get a shipment I shouldn't have to worry about local pre-orders taking all the copies! :)

Remember when I said that? Well, I'm not feeling so smart anymore. Because it's a new store (with no pre-orders), no shipment of GT4 was even sent to my local EB until yesterday. Purolator's got the package in transit, possibly until Friday. :grumpy:
 
FINALLY!!!


​

Proud owner of GT4 as of 11:02am, February 23rd, 2004.
Purchase Price: 69.99 CDN
Purchase Location: EBGames @ Devonshire Mall, Windsor, ON
First Car: Toyota MR-2 (Orange)

First impressions...

The handling has changed, braking is much more important now, and you can feel the car understeer, and I am just using the DS2 controller, no money for a wheel right now, but its on the list.

The layout is much nicer.

The license tests are now twice as long 16 as opposed to the 8 in GT3. But they do help you get a feel for the new physics.

Photomode is great, despite my lack of a USB flash drive to export them, also on the "to buy when I get money" list :)

I'll have more to say later, right now, I'm going to go play GT4 :)
 
Gturismo1
FINALLY!!!Purchase Price: 69.99 CDN​


Holy crap... $57.99 at MusicWorld, got it at 10am this morning in Edmonton (West Edmonton Mall), they had TWO that were not spoken for when they took them out of the box.​
 
Zondiot
any updates for montreal?
Yes, just called EB Games in St. Laurent ( Place vertu ) 2 hours ago , they said I can pickup my copy anytime.
It's 16:30, in exactly 1 hour I'll take posession of the holy grail . Just called my wife home and said " Don't do any fancy cooking for dinner tonight, a cheese sandwich will be good enough "
Of course when I pickup GT4 tonight I'll preorder Enthusia heheheheh
 
microdot
Holy crap... $57.99 at MusicWorld, got it at 10am this morning in Edmonton (West Edmonton Mall), they had TWO that were not spoken for when they took them out of the box.

That's funny, since at 10:23 that got knocked down to one remaining... Since that was when I got them to hold mine:)

Only place cheaper was Compu-Smart. About $3. Of course, I had to punish them since they sold me not one but TWO dud batches of blank CD's recently:)

Incidentally, Zellers at WEM had it too, priced at $59.99.

Gturismo1: Why didn't you just call before going over there?
 
Bonedwarf
Gturismo1: Why didn't you just call before going over there?

Because I had a dentist appointment at 11:15, and they said they'd start selling at 10:45. I got there at 10:55 and they had a whole bunch, but all the other stores said they "might" get them in today, but not that early. I wanted to go with a sure thing. I figure what the hell, spend a little extra money but get the game for sure. Plus I like going with EBGames because you can buy scratch warranties and the like. I figure spend a little more, and if the game ever gets scratched anytime within a year, my arse is covered. Can't do that with BestBuy, Futureshop, MusicWorld, Zellers, etc. That and I would have spent 5 dollars in gas driving around to all the other stores to see if they had it, plus EBWorld was literally 3 minutes from my dentists office, so I figured I could just run in, get it, run out, which is what I did :) It was more of a convienience factor then a spend an extra 10 bucks factor. That and I would have bought it if the price was $110, I just wanted the damn game :D
 
Gturismo1
...I would have bought it if the price was $110, I just wanted the damn game :D

hahaha same. This is probably the only game I would pay some pyscho price for. GT3 was the only reason I wanted PS2 and it's been the only game I've played weekly since it came out. I just recently stopped playing it cuz I got 4. I think I'm gonna go do that 5 games for $99 DFP/mem card at EB though cuz you can tell that the DS2 is starting to show it's limits...
 
BerinG: Well the Ford Focus belongs to my dad, but I was the last one to use it before the ignition lock. I wanted to clear my good name so I did some research and it's actually a VERY common problem. Up in the Ford Focus forums word is it costs a crapload to repair because of dissassembly of the majority of the dash and steering wheel. That is still speculation, since I haven't gotten the car repaired myself. Have you picked up a copy yet? The Focus ST170 shows no signs of problems in-game! LOL!

Zondiot: All stores SHOULD have GT4's in stock today. I say "SHOULD" because there's a good chance some places may have been sold out.

BTW, the steering wheel is ALL it's cracked out to be. To describe in one word? INVOLVING. Which really accentuates the whole simulation aspect that IS Gran Turismo.
 
Back