CanAm Virtual Racing Leagues - RecruitingPC 

• Thread starter F1Racer68
  • 15 comments
Canada
In front of you.
F1_Racer68
It seems my original post has been deleted. I want to make sure everyone is aware of us.

CanAm VRL has been racing together since 2011 in GT5. We then moved to GT6, and with the launch of Project CARS, we moved to that platform on PC due to most members having G27 wheels which were not compatible with the PS4.

We are North America based, but do have a few global members. We race every second Saturday. Our focus is maximum realism, and our rules are built to reflect that.

We are currently approaching the mid way point of our second season in Project CARS, currently racing a split class LMP2/GTE series. This season will end on December 11th. Our 3rd season will start in late January. Format for season 3 is yet to be decided, but will consist of approximately 20 races, running from January to December.

Anyone interested in joining us should register on our website. Most of the site is open to the public so that you can see what we are all about.

Please visit us at http://canamvrl.entrydns.org and join us on steam (Steam ID [CAV] F1_Racer68)

Last edited:
Bump.

Great group of guys here if you're looking for some great competitive and clean racing on PC. Super helpful, competitive, realistic sim format, great social atmosphere. What more do you really need?

Bump.

Great group of guys here if you're looking for some great competitive and clean racing on PC. Super helpful, competitive, realistic sim format, great social atmosphere. What more do you really need?

Thanks for the compliments @Lessen . Very much appreciated, and glad to hear you are enjoying the league.

It seems my original post has been deleted. I want to make sure everyone is aware of us.

CanAm VRL has been racing together since 2011 in GT5. We then moved to GT6, and with the launch of Project CARS, we moved to that platform on PC due to most members having G27 wheels which were not compatible with the PS4.

We are North America based, but do have a few global members. We race every second Saturday. Our focus is maximum realism, and our rules are built to reflect that.

We are currently approaching the mid way point of our second season in Project CARS, currently racing a split class LMP2/GTE series. This season will end on December 11th. Our 3rd season will start in late January. Format for season 3 is yet to be decided, but will consist of approximately 20 races, running from January to December.

Anyone interested in joining us should register on our website. Most of the site is open to the public so that you can see what we are all about.

Please visit us at http://canamvrl.no-ip.org and join us on steam (Steam ID [CAV] F1_Racer68)

Hi

i will realy like to join ? :)

Links to the website don't seem to be working, so I'll just post it here.

I've been mostly playing Automobilista and Assetto, but for a good league with good people (and a Lessen rec goes a long way) I'll jump back to PCars.
The intro message is from 2016, so what's the format these days? Every second Saturday still? Saturday nights are hard as race night, since wife and kids, but if it's not every one of them, I think I can swing it.

Is there a sign up sheet where we give info? Blood pacts necessary or optional?

I'm a couple of hours ahead most of the year and am a few thousand miles away, but I have a decent connection (even worked with PSN in the SNAIL days) and have never had a problem other than losing a couple of tenths from offline to online time (which is a small price to pay for good racing).

Links to the website don't seem to be working, so I'll just post it here.

I've been mostly playing Automobilista and Assetto, but for a good league with good people (and a Lessen rec goes a long way) I'll jump back to PCars.
The intro message is from 2016, so what's the format these days? Every second Saturday still? Saturday nights are hard as race night, since wife and kids, but if it's not every one of them, I think I can swing it.

Is there a sign up sheet where we give info? Blood pacts necessary or optional?

I'm a couple of hours ahead most of the year and am a few thousand miles away, but I have a decent connection (even worked with PSN in the SNAIL days) and have never had a problem other than losing a couple of tenths from offline to online time (which is a small price to pay for good racing).

I'm actually in the process of upgrading and refreshing our website, so please bear with me on that. It should be back up soon.

First, just to avoid confusion, we are PC (not PlayStation) based mainly now. We have a few members left who are still using PSN, but as a result of the politics between Sony/Logitech/Fanatec just prior to the launch of pCARS, most of us switche dot PC and have no plans on going back from that. I just want to make that clear, since GTPlanet is primarily a PSN based site.

Our league races are still every second Saturday. That is unlikely to ever change mainly due to the same reason you gave as to why it is an issue for you :)

Our events also run late in the evening Eastern time for that same reason. Our practice session starts at 9:30 PM ET, and we progress through a qualifying session and then a short warmup session, with the actual race starting at 11:00PM ET. Most races are 90 miutes, with a few being 2.4 hours in length.

Most members are also online during the week doing either fun events or group practices for the main event.

Our next main event is a 2.4 Hours of Le Mans on July 8th. You are welcome to join us in a practice session if you are interested. At would giv eoyu an opportunity to run with us and get to know some of the members. We are a tight knit group as most of us have been racing together since 2011, so things are very relaxed and informal (and sometimes a bit rowdy :) ).

I'm actually in the process of upgrading and refreshing our website, so please bear with me on that. It should be back up soon.

First, just to avoid confusion, we are PC (not PlayStation) based mainly now. We have a few members left who are still using PSN, but as a result of the politics between Sony/Logitech/Fanatec just prior to the launch of pCARS, most of us switche dot PC and have no plans on going back from that. I just want to make that clear, since GTPlanet is primarily a PSN based site.

Our league races are still every second Saturday. That is unlikely to ever change mainly due to the same reason you gave as to why it is an issue for you :)

Our events also run late in the evening Eastern time for that same reason. Our practice session starts at 9:30 PM ET, and we progress through a qualifying session and then a short warmup session, with the actual race starting at 11:00PM ET. Most races are 90 miutes, with a few being 2.4 hours in length.

Most members are also online during the week doing either fun events or group practices for the main event.

Our next main event is a 2.4 Hours of Le Mans on July 8th. You are welcome to join us in a practice session if you are interested. At would giv eoyu an opportunity to run with us and get to know some of the members. We are a tight knit group as most of us have been racing together since 2011, so things are very relaxed and informal (and sometimes a bit rowdy :) ).

I will certainly try to make this: 2.4 Hours of Le Mans on July 8th
Le Mans is my favourite track, event, place, holy site, place of worship, etc.

And I'm aware it's PC. That's why Lessen added me, I just mentioned in another thread that I had moved away from PS universe (and man, what a relief).

Well, if there's a Steam group or whatever, let me know. My Steam handle is flipjj, so just invite me over whenever you guys are on and we'll see how that goes. I do need to fix my microphone situation, as my son broke my Turtle Beach, but I'm planning on doing that soon enough.

I will certainly try to make this: 2.4 Hours of Le Mans on July 8th
Le Mans is my favourite track, event, place, holy site, place of worship, etc.

And I'm aware it's PC. That's why Lessen added me, I just mentioned in another thread that I had moved away from PS universe (and man, what a relief).

Well, if there's a Steam group or whatever, let me know. My Steam handle is flipjj, so just invite me over whenever you guys are on and we'll see how that goes. I do need to fix my microphone situation, as my son broke my Turtle Beach, but I'm planning on doing that soon enough.

Unfortunately, some of the upgraded features of the site didn't play nice with the old URL. As a result, I have had to change the address. You can still get to the old one, but please use the new address from now on http://canamvrl.entrydns.org

Since I host the server myself, and am stuck with a Dynamic IP address, I have to use a Dynamic DNS service, and therefore the URLs are not very pretty.

Website's looking good, I look forward to start to get to know all the fellas.

Also, is the plan to move to PCars2 when it comes out? It's currently with a 11% discount on pre-order, and I'm hoping for an excuse to spend that money.

Website's looking good, I look forward to start to get to know all the fellas.

Also, is the plan to move to PCars2 when it comes out? It's currently with a 11% discount on pre-order, and I'm hoping for an excuse to spend that money.

That is most definitely the plan, but we won't move until all active members have the new game. We are still trying to work out that plan.

Thanks for the comment son the website. It's still very much Work In Progres.

Back