Votes: 0 0.0%
  • November 14th

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

die996

(Banned)
Spain
Spain
The real 2018 Baja 1000 race is going to be held November 14th to 18th. I was considering for us to hold a Class11-like (barely-modified 1600cc VW Beetles) race using Fisherman's Ranch. Since the Beetle in GT Sport is the 1966 Volkswagen 1200 the power will be increased to allow for better racing. If you can, try to livestream the event (I will do it). It would be very cool if I can somehow make a "highlights" video with cool moments or just an overall recap.

The race format

· No qualifying
· STAGE 1 = 23+1 laps at Fisherman's Ranch at 7:10
· STAGE 2 = 23+1 laps at Fisherman's Ranch at 18:15
· Lowest cumulative time wins! Anyone losing a lap will get a 5-minute time penalty (lap times are much shorter)

The schedule

· Start of the event will be announced on this thread with a new reply.
· The event will start 15 minutes after said message and will last less than 4 hours overall (each stage should be around 100 minutes).
· November 7th - Start at 19:00-20:00 Central European time.
· November 10th - Start any time between 16:00 and midnight Central European time.
· November 11th - Start any time between 16:00 and 20:00 Central European time.
· November 14th - Start at 19:00-20:00 Central European time.

The rules

· Entry should include PSN ID, racing number, color of the car, name you want to be called during the recap show (or just how to pronounce your PSN ID) and whether you are willing to livestream it or not.
· Entrants will have to take a screenshot or very short video of them crossing the finish line on the 23rd lap. If lapped, entrant should take the screenshot at the end of the 22nd lap. The final lap will not count at all.
· Once the race settles in (lap 3 or so), try to always signal your intention to overtake using the horn.
· No rough driving.

The car

· 1966 Volkswagen 1200
· Power at 293% (max), weight at 100%.
· Suspension = free.
· Differential = normal (I cannot enforce this, please be good).
· Transmission = free (top speed will be around 95-100mph).
· Driving aids = ABS, traction control and automatic transmission are allowed.
· Paint = the car must be just one color, chrome is not allowed.
· Wheels = stock and unpainted.
· Racing number = mandatory, type 15 or 16.
· Window sticker = mandatory.
· Driver name = mandatory.

Final note

· Any complaints of bad sportsmanship must be sent within 12 hours.
· Final results will be posted the day after.
· If someone cannot make it to the event, I am okay if he records himself doing the entire thing including clear video of the tuning page before and after each stage.

If it happens on the 7th then I would like to try this out because it sounds like fun and I have never raced on dirt yet in GTS. That puts the race at 2:00pm EST for me.

I will wait until you make the Official announcement on the date before signing up because the other dates listed just don't work for my schedule.

Before I sign up officially...

Didn't they get rid of the horn in this game?

Still joining though once I've figured everything out.
They got rid of modifying it, not the horn itself. AFAIK all cars including the Beetle have the horn available... as long as you map it on your controller, of course.

Here's my entry for 2018 GT SPORT Baja!

PSN ID: HarskGaming96
Number: #160
Color: White
Name: Pedro

Back