CancelledFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1 comments
Australia
Murray Bridge
ItzRacing
Hi Everyone,

When I was a kid I used to do a series with a bunch of toy cars I had, using all my mates and family members as drivers. It certainly kept me entertained as a kid, but obviously I well and truly outgrew crawling around on the floor racing a bunch of toy cars around on a mat (or a scaletrix track). I would still love to have this series running and of course I would love it to be relevant so I thought what better way than to take it onto the playstation and use gt6 which has a bunch of great cars to use and get alot of other people involved (and maybe have someone except for me win the series :P ).

I'm hoping to begin with the first race in a fortnight on the 4th of May with what I used to have as the Traditional Lakeland 500 on a NASCAR Superspeedway Set, but now using the Daytona 500 Track due to the superspeedway similarities.

All rounds will have 1x50km race for both GT3 and Formula GT Classes and 2x100km races for v8's (with the exception of Daytona Oval and Bathurst) which is explained at the end of the thread.

The final race is subject to being able to create tracks in time which I will hold another endurance race ( hopefully a street circuit around my home town)

So Here is what I have in mind.

Cars:

I will run the 3 following classes with these cars allowed at these specs on the one night.

Formula Gran Turismo: (One 50km Race)

will run at a 891 hp and 550 kg limit (not that you can change them anyway)

GT3: (One 50km Race)

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (508 BHP / 1190 kg)
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13 (591 BHP / 1350kg)
Audi R8 LMS ultra '12 (528 BHP / 1250 kg)
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 (528 BHP / 1250kg)

Of course you can run any car within these models that have team liveries

V8 Touring Cars: (2x 100km Races (excluding Daytona Oval and Bathurst)

Ford Mustang Boss 302 '13 (650 BHP / 1450kg)
Dodge Charger SRT8 '11 (750 BHP / 1500kg)
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 (610 HP / 1350kg)
Mercedes Benz C 63 AMG '08 (650 BHP / 1400kg)
BMW M5 '08 (650 BHP / 1550kg)

I tried to stick with 4 door v8's but the SS commodore was nowhere near being competitive and I wanted to have a GM and Ford option for all the the Ford and Holden fans. Same applies for the use of the M5 over the M3 even though the M5 has a v10 engine.

With the GT3 and V8 Touring Car Classes I have conducted parity tests to make sure all cars were within 1 or 2 tenths with each other so there isn't 1 car that everyone must have.

Race Regulations:

Track Settings:

Weather at race start: 0%
Time: TBD (will progress between each race)
Time Progression: 1 Time(s)
Weather Changeability: 1 Time(s)
Surface Water at Race Start: 0%

Race Settings:
Start Type: Grid Start
Grid Order: Qualifying (For GT3, Formula GT and Race 1 of V8's) Grid Based on Previous Results (V8's Race 2)
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Fuel/Tyre Depletion: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/ Track Edge: Real
Mandatory Pit Stops: 1
Race Finish Delay: Pole Position time + 10secs (to nearest 10 seconds)
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: None
Slipstream Stength: Real

Performance Filters:
Tyres: Racing Medium
Nitrous: Prohibited

Driving Options:
Skid Recovery Force: Prohibited
Active Steering: Prohibited
ASM: Prohibited
Driving Line: Available
Traction Control: Available
ABS: Available

Rules:

All competitors are to follow the rules and guidlines set out in the GTPlanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidlines Thread

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Contact which results in a driver losing positions that is not addressed will see the guilty driver receive a penalty equal to the number of positions lost by the driver affected in the incident.

Any driving leaving the track and gaining positions that does not readdress his position within a lap will drop 2 places behind his original position.

Race Replays will be saved for review.

Any complaints from race shall be sent to myself in a private message where I will then review the race replay.

Entries:

Entry will most likely be restricted to people from Australia and New Zealand, due to the potential for Lag due to the remote distance of Australia and New Zealand to other countries.

Please send all entries to myself via Inbox or add my PSN ID and message me on there

Entries must include GTPlanet Username/ PSN ID / GT3 Car Preference / V8 Car Preference

To ensure all cars are represented, only 6 competitors are allowed to use the same car in GT3 and only 4 competitors are allowed to use the same car in v8's

Racing Schedule (all times South Australian):

Room Open: 7pm
GT3 Regulation Checks: 7:20pm
GT3 Qualifying: At the conclusion of regulation checks
GT3 Race immediately following qualifying
10min Break following GT3 Race
Formula GT Qualifying following 10min break
Formula GT Race immediately after qualifying
10min Break following Formula GT Race
V8 Regulation Check following 10min break
V8 Qualifying following regulation check
V8 Race 1 immediately following qualifying
10min break following race 1
Regulation check following 10min break
V8 Race 2 following Regulation check

All races with the exception of Daytona (oval) and Bathurst will run with this schedule

Daytona Oval will only run a single v8 race.

Bathurst Will run over 2 weeks with week 2 only having 2 v8 races.

Points System:
1st - 40 pts, 2nd - 33 pts, 3rd - 27 pts, 4th - 22 pts, 5th - 19 pts, 6th - 16 pts, 7th - 14 pts, 8th - 12 pts, 9th - 10 pts, 10th - 8 pts, 11th - 6 pts, 12th - 5 pts, 13th - 4 pts, 14th - 3 pts, 15th - 2 pts, 16th - 1 pt

Proposed Race Schedule:
Rd/Track/GT3 & FGT Race Laps/V8 Race Laps/Proposed Date

1 / Daytona Oval / 25 / 60 / May 4
2 / Apricot Hill / 13 / 26 / May 11
3 / Autumn Ring / 17 / 34 / May 18
4 / Trial Mountain / 13 / 25 / May 25
5 / Deep Forrest / 14 / 28 / June 9 (Public Holiday Monday)
6 / Grand Valley / 10 / 20 / June 15
7 / High Speed Ring / 13 / 25 / June 22
8 / Cape Ring Periphery / 11 / 22 / July 6
9 / Special Stage Route 5 / 13 / 26 / July 13
10 / Brand Hatch GP / 13 / 26 / July 20
Mid season Break (I'm Going Overseas)
11 / Laguna Seca / 14 / 28 / August 31
12 / Daytona Road Course / 9 / 17 / September 14
13/ Bathurst / 8 / 3x40 laps 1x41 laps / September 21 & 28
14/ Subject to track editor availability.... / October 5 & 12

Special Races:
Daytona Oval:
(Subject to interest)

All GT3 class cars will race at a limit of 508 BHP and 1350kg

All V8 class cars will race at a limit of 610 BHP and 1470kg

This is done to ensure speeds remain similar.

The v8 Race will be a single 60 lap race.

Bathurst:
The first night will see the GT3 and Formula GT Races run with the first half of the Bathurst 1000 completed

The second night will be solely to complete the Bathurst 1000

The Bathurst 1000 will be split into 4 segments with the first 3 segments being 40 laps in duration and the final segment will be over 41 laps. The winner of the final segment (providing they have completed every lap of the other 3 segments) will be the Bathurst 1000 winner

The opening segment will be a grid start based on qualifying order. Segments 2-4 will have a single file rolling start with the order determined by the previous race results. The rolling start will be manual to allow drivers to start from their correct position with the lead car cruising around the track at 60km/h.

The lead driver will be allowed to start racing from any point after they reach the pit entry up until the start/finish line. No driver will be allowed to overtake until they cross the start/finish line.

Any driver who disconnects or quits will be able to resume in other segments, but they will only be credited with the number of laps completed before disconnected.

For both events the v8 race will be double points.
I hope to achieve a full field for the series. If you have any suggestions that you feel will improve the series, please let me know and I will do my best to achieve them for you.

Thank You for your time :)

Last edited:
Ok so I haven't had any responses from anyone, is there anything I could change that would make people want to join?

Would it be easier to run a Red Bull X2014 as the formula car which is a unlock-able car instead of a car that people need to spend 2 million on?

Do the races need to be on a different night/time?

Let me know what you think.

Back