Cane - massive disappointment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wfooshee
  • 0 comments
  • 539 views

wfooshee

Rather ride my FJR
Premium
Messages
5,166
United States
Panama City, FL
I have long been a fan of Jimmy Smits, and when I saw that he had a show on this fall, I set the scheduler on the PC's DVR system.

Anticipation over, finally sat down to watch, and was completely underwhelmed.

The show is about a family-owned cane sugar operation in Florida, run by one of the sons (adopted, though, chosen over his natural-born brothers by the retiring senior) and their competition, another family (whose name slips my mind - I think the Samuels.) The family name is Duque, and the elder natural son is dating the daughter of the "enemy" family, and through pillow talk divulging all of the family secrets and company activities.

Go back in time 20 years, substitute oil for sugar, Texas for Florida, and Ewing for Duque. There are no other differences.
 
Back