Cani have some help. about Quake 3 arena

  • Thread starter Thread starter Meglomaniac
  • 21 comments
  • 848 views
Messages
538
i want to get Quake 3 arena, but i want it to be compatible with Windows 2000 and i can find no place that sells quake 3 arena that is compatible to Windows 2000.

so does anyone know a place where it is??

Thanks guys!
 
:lol:
Keep looking, I'm sure you will find a copy sooner or later. :D
 
Try and find Quake 3 Gold. That has just been released and is fully patched up. A good place is EB/Game.
 
Quake III is compatible with Windows 2000. I have it running on my XP system, which is basically 2000 with pretty graphics.
 
Sorry to barge in on this thread, but I've heard you can check the FPS in QIII. Is it true? and if so how do you do it? :confused:
 
Yup.

While playing, press the ~ key to bring up the command line. Type in "/cg_fps 1" (without the quotes) and that should display the fps counter.
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
Quake III is compatible with Windows 2000. I have it running on my XP system, which is basically 2000 with pretty graphics.

I'm not a Q3 pro - in fact I haven't actually got it, but I've just remembered the same thing. You just need the latest patch.
 
Originally posted by Viper Zero
Yup.

While playing, press the ~ key to bring up the command line. Type in "/cg_fps 1" (without the quotes) and that should display the fps counter.

Oh I was wondering why timerefresh wasnt working :)
 
So basically its not gonna be easy to run Q3A on Windows 2000, coz i am really buying it, so that can download Bid for power

But i am really looking for Q3A that is compatible in the Uk, yet it only seems to be comaptible to windows 95 and 98, but on Amazon.com it says its compatible to 2000, i am going to make the assumption that American Q3A is the same as British Q3A. There cannot be any difference.
 
And what is fps?? sorry, but i am very far behind you guys, you know alot more about this kind of thing.
 
Thanks, well i at least i am getting some where, so if Q3A runs on XP it will run on Windows 2000 yes, or no?
 
Look, Meglomaniac. Quake III will run on a 2000 system. Period.

I have it on my XP system, like I said before and I have no problems and I do not have any of the patches installed.
 
ok, ok, thank you viper zero, its just no one was giving me a plain simple strait answer up until now, so thanks.
 
Well, any more questions and you can guarantee I'll have a stab at them when I see them.
 
So, does anyone have Bid for power download, well its really for folk who like Dragonballz, but i lost interest in Dragonballz for i while and i still enjoyed the game quite alot, but it requires Q3A 1.31 minimum, and the download size is 126mb, on my system it takes about an hour 10 minutes to download sumin 9mb so this one is gonna take all day.
 
Yeah, I had BFP installed. But, I didn't think it was very fun to play. You might like it, but I didn't.
 
I like it coz it was a proper attempt at making a Dragonballz like game, but you can put mods of the character from DBZ so its more realistic. Its a better attempt than Dragonball final bout on the playstation, that game is just pathetic.
Thanks for your help too viper zero!
 
You're welcome Meglomaniac.

Yeah, that Final Bout game is really, really lame.
 
yeah, but what i have heard is, that a better game is "saviour of strength" and Bid for power is not as good, but i will stick with only what i have tried.
Because if i download SOS i might regret it.

The Final bout game, was a major disaster, alot more effort could have been put in.
 
Back