Cannot change gear with DFGT

United States
California
I'm new to AC, bought it just today.

I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT. Wonderful wheel, worked perfectly with rFactor.
However, I tried to switch to manual transmission and I couldn't even get out of neutral. I've bound the shift up/ down to the sequential on the wheel and I've used the in-game calibrator, but nothing has fixed the issue. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm new to AC, bought it just today.

I'm using a Logitech Driving Force GT. Wonderful wheel, worked perfectly with rFactor.
However, I tried to switch to manual transmission and I couldn't even get out of neutral. I've bound the shift up/ down to the sequential on the wheel and I've used the in-game calibrator, but nothing has fixed the issue. Anybody know how to fix this?

Are you using the stick on the right side of the wheel or the paddle shifters?

Are you selecting sequential shifting mode and a wheel (not a keyboard) control secheme on the game settings?

Some advice, don't use the game's settings wizard. Assign each control manually.

EDIT: Reading your post again it seems like you can't get out of neutral because you're not pressing the clutch instead of a configuration issue. If you're not using a clutch make sure your realism settings are set to auto-clutch.

EDIT the second: Just to anticipate to a likely future question, AC does not currently support D-pads so don't fret if you find out yours isn't working.

Last edited:
I was attempting to use the stick at the time. But I did try to use the paddles, they didn't work either.

Yes, I did have it set to wheel scheme. I also had auto throttle blip and auto clutch on.

Yeah, I figured that out pretty early. Not worried about it though.

To use the paddles, make sure the "Use Shifter" box is unchecked.

This is an old pic I found on the net. I think it looks a little different now but it should get the job done...

q04NjTJ.jpg

How funny, I just switched wheels this weekend myself, got tired of the G27 and went back to the DFGT. Mine doesn't have a working up paddle so I have to use the sequential, and once I configured it for up and down, and made sure "Use Shifter" is UN-checked, it works great.

The DFGT is far better at conveying the feel of the rear end grip, IMHO. Much more precise in letting me know how much correction to put in. And just to rub in how much better it does this than the G27 - I am often steering with one hand while shifting gears on the sequential and still have no lack of confidence in keeping my foot down and steering just the right amount to manage the rear. With the G27 I always had to guess a little, and the closer I got to the limit, the less confident I felt (a lot more managing with my foot instead of the wheel). Hell, the DFGT lets you do huge one-handed corrections easily with no overcorrection/tankslapping. I don't like its turn-in on high speed sections quite as much but I'm slowly getting used to that.

Does the animation in the cockpit move when turning wheel or is it both no animation and actual wheel response? Try going into control settings and see if the wheel is responding, I ran into this issue with my CSR wheel, there is a button that binds the wheel with pedals, make sure this is checked assuming this option is available with dfgt.

Does the animation in the cockpit move when turning wheel or is it both no animation and actual wheel response? Try going into control settings and see if the wheel is responding, I ran into this issue with my CSR wheel, there is a button that binds the wheel with pedals, make sure this is checked assuming this option is available with dfgt.
Both the animation and response are absent. I'll look into it later.

I use the DFGT myself for AC. Some issues are approaching sometimes but for the most part it works.
Because there is still no official profile for the DFGT ingame, you should use the calibration wizard.
Before you do so, make sure the Logitech profiler is up and running correctly. There is a thread on official AC forums about DFGT as well with many config hints for the profiler. Main points are 900 degrees angle, 100% FFB strength, 0% damper, 0% spring, unchecked combine peddals, check game may change settings.
While running the ingame wizard you are asked how to shift. At this point you may choose the peddals OR the stick, 'cause both won't work at the same time out of the box.
When done, save your profile and name it like DFGT e.g.
Sometimes I have no wheel response as well. I then close the game, replug my wheel and restart the game to get back response.
Hoping this may help you, 'cause aside from these circumstances the DFGT works like a charm.
And "play" with ingame effects settings (FFB etc.), because default settings are way to strong.

Last edited:
I use the DFGT myself for AC. Some issues are approaching sometimes but for the most part it works.
Because there is still no official profile for the DFGT ingame, you should use the calibration wizard.
Before you do so, make sure the Logitech profiler is up and running correctly. There is a thread on official AC forums about DFGT as well with many config hints for the profiler. Main points are 900 degrees angle, 100% FFB strength, 0% damper, 0% spring, unchecked combine peddals, check game may change settings.
While running the ingame wizard you are asked how to shift. At this point you may choose the peddals OR the stick, 'cause both won't work at the same time out of the box.
When done, save your profile and name it like DFGT e.g.
Sometimes I have no wheel response as well. I then close the game, replug my wheel and restart the game to get back response.
Hoping this may help you, 'cause aside from these circumstances the DFGT works like a charm.
And "play" with ingame effects settings (FFB etc.), because default settings are way to strong.
Thank you very much, I will try it ASAP. Does your DFGT ever make a HUGE racket? Mine does, at low speeds and with the wheel centered.

Back