"Cannot Change the Color of this Car"

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 5 comments
  • 1,137 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
So, I just bought a 1969 Camaro SS from the Used Car dealer and it came in a crappy "Brushed Brown Metallic" and figured I could just change the color, but when I clicked on the "Paint Car" icon, it said I couldn't! So be warned, sometimes if you get a car in a crappy color, you're stuck with it in the crappy color.
 
Standard cars I thought are not repaintable? All Used Cars are Standard IIRC....
 
Yeah same thing with my Chevelle I got used. Very strange. I could see for some kind of special premium car they don't want you defiling with a crappy paint job. Luckily I could live with a blue Chevelle...
 
It seems like it only affects the classics with stripes. I was able to paint a '64 GTO, it has no stripes, but couldn't paint a '70 Chevelle or '71 'Cuda. It sucks because they always come in awful colors. They really should do a patch for this.
 
I painted the Shelby Mustang. I don't mind not painting the 'Cuda. But, I REALLY hate the brown that the '69 Camaro came in. Oh well. I wish the cars would come in different colors every time they showed up. I mean, there's only two Plymouth colors: In-Violet with the Cuda and Go-Green with the Superbird.
 
Back