Cannot feel curbs with G29

Australia
Australia
I cannot feel any curbs particularly the rumble strips with my G29 and I've been having this problem since the game came out and these recent patches still haven't seemed to fix it. Everything else is fine with my wheel.

I've always felt the curbs in GTS but I don't get that in GT7. Unless it's a bug? I know there's already another thread talking about G29 issues but the original post in that thread wasn't specific about what problems they were having. Anyone else having the same problem, no matter if they're using the G29 or a different wheel?

Last edited:
I remember someone mentioning you need to turn on or increase the vibration settings (you can go over 100). Seems weird because for me those settings are for the controller but give it a go.

I just ordered fanatec GT DD pro, but found the FF to be almost non-existent in GT7 compared to GTS while using my G29

I cannot feel any curbs particularly the rumble strips with my G29 and I've been having this problem since the game came out and these recent patches still haven't seemed to fix it. Everything else is fine with my wheel.

I've always felt the curbs in GTS but I don't get that in GT7. Unless it's a bug? I know there's already another thread talking about G29 issues but the original post in that thread wasn't specific about what problems they were having. Anyone else having the same problem, no matter if they're using the G29 or a different wheel?

Yes, same for T300. At very low speeds you can usually feel the curbs, at high speeds you can't bar a few exception at La Sarthe for example. Something in the FFB the curbs give seems to be modeled incorrectly as you can feel everything on the Dual Sense.

Last edited:
My new G29 can't either, but it does transmit all of the tire slippage etc. Curb rumble is in the game though, because the controller senses it. Other than that, the G29 performs beautifully in all other aspects.

FFB on the G29 at least definitely needs some tweaking. It's pretty numb-feeling, there's like a layer of disconnect between what's happening in the game and what happens on the wheel that isn't there in PC sims.

Try setting FFB Torque on 6 or more. I had it on 2 for a while since I did not like the “heavy” feeling the wheel had when driving the econoboxes at the start. The wheel is a lot more dynamic with rear wheel drive cars when the torque is >=6. Curbs can be felt, but I would like the effect to be stronger though.

I keep force feedback sensitivity at 5 or less though. I haven’t decided a good number for this one yet since the difference is pretty subtle across levels.

Last edited:
Try setting FFB Torque on 6 or more. I had it on 2 for a while since I did not like the “heavy” feeling the wheel had when driving the econoboxes at the start. The wheel is a lot more dynamic with rear wheel drive cars when the torque is >=6. Curbs can be felt, but I would like the effect to be stronger though.

I keep force feedback sensitivity at 5 or less though. I haven’t decided a good number for this one yet since the difference is pretty subtle across levels.
I thought it was only the gt dd pro that started clipping at tq >5 but looking around it seems most if not all wheels start clipping around 4 or 5.

My new G29 can't either, but it does transmit all of the tire slippage etc. Curb rumble is in the game though, because the controller senses it. Other than that, the G29 performs beautifully in all other aspects.
But what the controller senses it's not FFB, it's just a signal to make the the discs on the controller to roll, like any other game.

No FFB on kerbs with GT DD Pro either.

Last edited:
I looked over it for a long time, but in vibrations, (top left in options) turn on controller player 1 (bit strange when you have steering wheel). and set vibrations on 40 or higher, works fine for me

From what i felt the rumble from the kerbs comes through the sound channel for bass my gaming chair would vibrate running over kerbs but i'd feel nothing through the wheel.

Add these joints.
1693018119058.jpeg

Back