Can't control my beast

• Thread starter mytton
  • 11 comments
Hey all, I'm entirely new to actual drifting in sim racing games, although not the concept of it, but I can't control my RX-7 premium '91 no matter what I seem to try. I feel like I might have messed up the tuning, so if anyone has any idea of how to tune this for drifting, please help me.

Much appreciated!

Wow, this helped an incredible deal! Thanks so much for this, and I was under the impression that you could tune it to make it easier to learn, hah.

Start from stock and try drifting. Slowly add parts.

This. Upgrade your car in baby steps. Youll learn its tendencies and have a better understanding of the car if you build it slowly. As you said, a better LSD and suspension are good things to add, but only after seeing what its like stock. Add power as you get better with the setup. Good luck ;)

So what I'm having trouble with now is "moving" the car while it's drifting, as in controlling the angle and keeping it in drift while I push it around the shape of the corner until I exit.

Is it losing angle and straightening up or are you spinning out? If you're spinning out, let off the throttle as you go round the corner when the angle creeps up. If you're losing angle mid corner, I'd suggest either down-grading the tyres you have on the back to one below the fronts or adding a little camber to the rear :)

By the way, just because this works for me, doesn't mean it'll work for everybody. Just a little disclaimer there! :D

I was under the impression that you could tune it to make it easier to learn, hah.

You could tune it to make it easier because, its sometimes easier to drift a tuned car vs stock. BUUTTTT thats cheating your learning curve if you dont take fundamental steps.. Unless you're a natural born drift monster.

So what I'm having trouble with now is "moving" the car while it's drifting, as in controlling the angle and keeping it in drift while I push it around the shape of the corner until I exit.

Throttle control? Does feathering the pedal not give you anything to work with? I find usually if I want to change angle I just give the gas a little tap and nudge the steering accordingly. Emphasis on little though.

Last edited:
Very thanx , i have got a full tuned nissan silvia s15 , and i dont know really how to drift and its a hell to drift with it . So i'm guessing i need to take a stocked car :)

Latest Posts

Back