Can't download the online patch.

I have been having problems downloading the patch for online play. Tried wireless and wire connection. No luck. :ouch: Been trying to get the patch for the whole week, never once could get any progress in the download window.

The progress bar in the download window does not move even after 2hours!
I could sign in to my account an play online for other games.

Can some who has successfully downloaded this patch post the data file for GT5 prologue?

Really appreciate it! Cheers in advance.

You cant post the data file mate - it doesnt work that way.

Do an internet test and see what NAT etc you get. Let us know.

Have you tried downloading from the "news" or "gttv" menu?
I couldn't make the download work (the one which begins when you just start the game) but I entered "gttv" and downloaded from there, and worked!

When I downloaded the patch there was no activity on the progress bar after 15 minutes, then suddenly it went to 100% in a split second. Doubt this will help you, just be aware that the bar shows no activity until it's finished, well for me anyway.

The bar is pretty weird yeah. For me it went to 0%, 0%, 3% (now plugged in cable) 20% and then the last time it was resting at 50%, but suddenly jumped to 100%

I'm having problems downloading the patch too - zero progress since last Thursday. For what's its worth, my PS3 is connected wirelessly, NAT3. In the past I've been able to download GTTV movies, stuff from PS Store, patches to other games etc.

Danthx - just curious but I'm wondering if you're from Singapore or the region (I'm saying this 'cos of "Starhub"). With the impending release of the asian/chinese edition of GT5P in mid Jan I wonder if our ability to download using the Japanese edition has been disabled??? Just a wild guess, but after all Sony's press release does say "Please buy the official version in order to fully enjoy the network racing service. SCEH will not be responsible for any possible network problem encountered in other unofficial versions." Who knows what this really means....

You can either try downloading from the News or GT-TV menu ingame...

Try using your JPN PSN account and loading that game from that....

Or try hard wiring your PS3 to the net and trying that....

Robin

tns
I'm having problems downloading the patch too - zero progress since last Thursday. For what's its worth, my PS3 is connected wirelessly, NAT3. In the past I've been able to download GTTV movies, stuff from PS Store, patches to other games etc.

Danthx - just curious but I'm wondering if you're from Singapore or the region (I'm saying this 'cos of "Starhub"). With the impending release of the asian/chinese edition of GT5P in mid Jan I wonder if our ability to download using the Japanese edition has been disabled??? Just a wild guess, but after all Sony's press release does say "Please buy the official version in order to fully enjoy the network racing service. SCEH will not be responsible for any possible network problem encountered in other unofficial versions." Who knows what this really means....

I'm from Singapore and using Starhub and have no problems downloading the update. Your network/router/firewall settings (NAT 3) might be causing the problem. See this: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

Thanks guys for all your kind feeback and taking an interest to helping me sought out my connection woes.

Prior to this when the Prologue Demo was out I had no problems downloading the GTV programmes.

I mean even with NAT3 I was still able to play Ridge Racer, Motorstorm and even the latest Burnout Paradise online with no issues.

And yes I am connecting from Singapore.

And yes I am still on NAT 3 too.
Have no idea how to change that to NAT2 or 1.

I am not using Starhub to connect to the internet.
I am using Singnet's ADSL line.

Tried your suggestion to download via the news or the GTV route, no luck had the system running for 4 hours and nada, nothing happens. Can't even quit from the download window even. Had to force quit the game entirely and restart the system.

Perhaps I will try to connect to Starhub at my parent's home...

Starhub is cable modem. My home connection is Singtel and its ADSL.

I'm from Singapore and using Starhub and have no problems downloading the update. Your network/router/firewall settings (NAT 3) might be causing the problem. See this: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connecttest.html

I checked out this link...

Doesn't say much. Nothing I don't already know.

How do you get to NAT 2 it does really say.

How does knowing the TCP and UDP ports is suppose to help me get to NAT2? Where do I go to configure these ports#?

I checked out this link...

Doesn't say much. Nothing I don't already know.

How do you get to NAT 2 it does really say.

How does knowing the TCP and UDP ports is suppose to help me get to NAT2? Where do I go to configure these ports#?

www.portforward.com

Find your router, and follow the instructions. You could also just enable uPnP on your router 👍

Thanks all for the various suggestions. Following the instructions here (enabling DMZ and UPnP in my router, disabling media sharing in PS3, enabling the TCP and UDP ports), I've managed to enable UPnP and get NAT2, but...still no progress achieved in downloading the patch :(

Like for danthx (we're with the same ISP provider incidentally), all other stuff works (Playstation Store downloads, etc). What can I possibly be missing? Some firewall settings? Argh!! Any other suggestions I can try?

*sob*

Hi danthx & sickemrex

I don't know if you guys have managed to resolved your update problems yet. I finally caved in yesterday and got myself a cable modem and hooked up with StarHub (my usual ISP is Singtel). It took a couple of failed downloads but I FINALLY managed to update the game late last night. Yay me! :)

I'm not jumping to conclusions and say that it's due to our ISP, but whatever the issue was, it was resolved once I hooked up directly to the 'net thru the cable modem. Could very well have been some other settings for my ADSL modem/router which I overlooked. Whatever...

It's turning out to be a reeeally expensive game...heh...

TNS,

I still can not download the update using my Singnet Mio ADSL internet connection. Do you know of any local Singapore forums that I could check to see if others are experiencing similar problems?

sickemrex

Sorry but no, don't know of any local forums focusing on GT5 - this is the only GT site I visit. Maybe a google search will yield something? BTW , Singtel's ASDL service works fine for playing online though.

Good luck!

Over the last few days without changing my router settings and still getting NAT3 on my Airport Extreme Base Station and after numerous tries getting the caution icon, tonite I finally managed to get the patch downloaded and installed.

As you recalled when I first experienced this issue, I could not even get the progress bar going at all!

But over the last couple days since 19th Jan, my download progress bar made some progress and stalled at 25% and I get the caution icon thing.

But tonite for some strange reason the patch finally came through 100%!

So I guess its down to trying over and over upteen times until you get it.

Just so you know I waited for over a month for this patch to come through.

Downloaded and installed Singapore time 4:30pm date 22 Jan 2008.

I can get into the GTV and Online mode now.

And I am still on Singnet ADSL. 3.5M/bits plan.

Downloaded patch logged in using my Japanese account.

FYI all!

Congrats on the download :) You should catch the F430 pro race while it's still on. It's the best I've tried so far. F430 on S3 tires and pro mode is tough to control, so you get mostly the good drivers who race clean. MUCH better that the crash-fest beginner races ... :)

hey guys,

I'm another frustrated user who can't seem to get the patch downloaded. I left it trying to download overnight... no luck.
I have the downloaded version of GT5 Pr. Which shouldn't be a problem right? I downloaded it about 5 days ago.
Does it matter what account region you have for the PSN? I think mine is UAE (cuz I live in Dubai) but I can't really remember.

Just gotta wait and hope I guess.

Back