Can't enter the site from office - started recently

• Thread starter yossigab
  • 3 comments
YossiGab , GTP_YossiGab
Hi,
I love your site and use it often.
Few days ago, when trying to enter the site from work I got an error that the site is not secured because it uses HSTS (I was able to enter from work even after the site big change).
I tried using Chrome and Explorer, both have the same issue.
Thanks
Y

Attachments

• IMG_20170622_091916_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170622_091916_HDR.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20170622_092001_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170622_092001_HDR.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20170622_092018.jpg
    IMG_20170622_092018.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20170622_092010.jpg
    IMG_20170622_092010.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 35
Few days ago, when trying to enter the site from work I got an error that the site is not secured because it uses HSTS
I get that error sometimes if I'm using airport or hotel WiFi and have hit up GTPlanet (or any other https site) without realising that there's a WiFi sign-in page I need to visit to authenticate the session.

Has your office IT changed to require a sign-in screen before logging in?

Thanks for the kind words, @yossigab.

@Famine is on the right track. You're basically seeing this error because your browser is trying to connect to what it thinks is "gtplanet.net", but the server that is actually responding does not have the correct security certificate (because it's not GTPlanet!), so your browser shows you that error page. This usually happens because, as Famine mentioned, you have to sign in or authenticate your browsing session with your network provider. It's very common with hotels or other public wifi networks, and can affect any website which forces you to connect to it securely, via "HTTPS", like GTPlanet does (that's what the HSTS means).

One quick fix — and this should be useful to everyone, if you don't know it already — is to simply visit a site that does not use HTTPS, like msn.com. Because it does not require the browser to authenticate the server against its security certificate before allowing you to continue, it can forward you to the network's authentication page instead. Once you are authenticated with the network, you can browse all sites like normal.

If that does not work, you will have to ask your company's IT department for assistance. There is no problem with GTPlanet's security certificate and, despite the message that you see, our site is secure (actually, the reason you are seeing the error message is because our site is secure).

Thank you for your detailed answer.
I guess something has changed in my work place security configurations because all other sites, secured and non-secured, are working normally.

Back