Can't find Race Requirements

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 6 comments

Kryz11

We are all one mind.
Premium
NoxNoctisUmbra
Is it me or its hard to figure out on where the Requirements for each race is. Only easy ones to figure out are class specific racing (D,C,B,A etc...) How about the other ones, when it come to Hot Hatch or Muscle Car races etc.., but I do not know what Class each car has to be in. When clicking before race, it only gives me car choices with stupid auto tune options.

the only way i've been able to figure it out is when it gives you the option to buy a car or use your own car go to buy a car. then select any car and give it a couple seconds and it will upgrade the car to what it believes is the top of the class for that series. Example i noticed from the Revival Muscle Car series, You will see that class of the car go from something like C395 to B497 or B500. That class would then be B is as high as it gets.

Thats how i've done it. It also will add those parts to the cost of the car if you buy the car through that option.

Last edited:
BTW, just back out of the buy car screen for that and buy the car and then put the mods you like on it. I tried it with the Eagle Talon and it went all grip which i like but i was getting smoked on tracks with long straights.

Seems FM5 really needs to update the info for each race. Would be nice to hit a button Y for example and show you the rules for each event.

Anyone has a link or info on what even is what max class? I could just print it out...

Yep, another questionable UI change.

Yes I agree. This, no true free play (choose any car and hot lap against your own ghost), and no store front are my biggest grips. This one erks me because what's the point of getting all these cars accurately if no ones going to be using them stock. Kinda takes away from the authenticity of it all.

Now the likely hood of anyone actually using a stock Iroc Camaro is pretty slim. Which is sad because these cars are a lot more interesting (to me) than the auto upgraded ones with beefed up suspension.

Its hard to try and say they are celebrating the cars if they are changing them before people even get a chance to play them.

Last edited:
Y...what's the point of getting all these cars accurately if no ones going to be using them stock. Kinda takes away from the authenticity of it all.
I was thinking about this the other day and I couldn't agree more. There's no longer an option to turn off "upgraded" opponents, and most races require you upgrade your class to 1 class above it's default. They preach about the purity of cars but the gameplay says otherwise.

Back