Cant get online. Please Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 14 comments
  • 2,501 views
Messages
2,498
United States
Iowa, USA
Messages
LVracerGT
Since the update I can't play online. Every time I try to join my own lounge, I get "can't create room". When I try to join a friends lounge, I get "request timed out". I was online playing fine 3 days ago. What gives? Anyone else having this problem?
 
LVracerGT
Since the update I can't play online. Every time I try to join my own lounge, I get "can't create room". When I try to join a friends lounge, I get "request timed out". I was online playing fine 3 days ago. What gives? Anyone else having this problem?

Have you checked your Internet connection on a laptop, what's your download speed (mb). Sounds like an issue with your connection, if it's less than it should be by a big margin, there may be a line fault, and you should contact your service provider to check it.
 
Yes checked connection. It was doing this to me a couple days ago. But it always worked the second try. Now it's not working at all
 
Yes, set a static IP and manually open ports on the router can help some times. As we all know, the online stabilty also depends on the brand of your router.

Some people also claim that messing with the MTU will increase online performance. It can also be problems due to the QoS, and that is what applications should be granted more bandwith (if you have multiple users on your network). Second, if you have IPTV or VOIP, the providers some time locks the latency on a certain level to aviod drops, what ever that means....

Then you should not run wireless, because the network card in the PS3 isnt powerful enough. My experiance, and many others is that the connection gets more stable with a wire.

This whole online issue thing os more complex than most people think.
 
Since the update I can't play online. Every time I try to join my own lounge, I get "can't create room". When I try to join a friends lounge, I get "request timed out". I was online playing fine 3 days ago. What gives? Anyone else having this problem?

BUMP!

I am having the same issue.
I have the same messages when i try to create a lounge also.
I can't join a friends lounge and he was unable to get into mine.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers All !!!
 
Try going into the utility/network menu in GT5 (from the main options). Then clear the network cache.

If it's just GT5 having problems I wouldn't bother playing around with the router.
 
Yeah, i tried that.
Black Ops works fine and all other online games, downloads are fast, just not GT5?
 
This is what worked for me: Took me days to find out that my torrent program was hogging the ports on my router. But turning off peer to peer sharing programs is not enough- after you turn it off you must reset your PS3's internet connection and the only way to do that is by going on your PS3 and into Settings->Network Settings->Internet Connection Test.

Not even a reboot of your PS3 will do the job.

Portfowarding, DMZ, static IPs, DNS addresses etc., I tried all that crap and none helped. This did.
 
Clear your Cache. A Fibre-Optic interwebs connection works really well. 👍
 
It couldn't hurt to reset your router by powering down and up. Sometimes router address tables point to the old/wrong proxy and all the forwarding can time out your connection.
 
Problem solved.
Cleared the Cache.
Reset network connection setting in the PS3 menu.
Ran a network connection test.
Test successful - strt GT5, online straight away.
Thank you very much to all that assisted me, much appreciated.
Cheers All !!!
 
I'll have to try this. been pulling my hair out with slower than dialup connection from gt5 for past 2 weeks. everything else on my network is fine, ps3 has an internet connection (browser works), but connecting to psn is also just as slow. it varies from day to day which is extremely irritating which makes me think it's nothing to do with my router etc settings (and most likely is a ps3 networking issue, nothing specifically related to gt5)
 
Have you checked your Internet connection on a laptop, what's your download speed (mb). Sounds like an issue with your connection, if it's less than it should be by a big margin, there may be a line fault, and you should contact your service provider to check it.

IT's not the connection, my connection is great, NAT type 2, 16 mbs, 3mbs, all other games work fine, private lounge works fine, laptops fine, I know it's PD's goofy servers!
 
Back