Can't load gamesave...

• Thread starter jergto
  • 6 comments
United States
United States
Hey everybody, ever since I moved my ps3 to my room and plug in via s-video cable, I had to press and hold the <on> button (take it out of HDMI mode). Ever since I did that I chose to restore settings since I knew that my save files were fine, I haven't been able to load ANY of my GTA IV saves.
It says "You did not create this save game data, file cannot loaded".

Anybody know how to load my saves?

I got up to the third island, got Bernie's Infernus & put an Infernus at every safehouse and have cheated 0 times.

Yes same everything.
The only thing that was different when I did the restore was that there was an asterisk * in front of my profile.
*JerGTO
It is 100% my save, never cheated and I put in sometime into that game... :(

veamon @ IGN Boards
There was some advice on another board which has helped me so I thought I would post it here.

Just to make life easier, disconnect your playstation from the internet. Then delete the GTA 4 Game data (Not the saves!!!). Now when you reinstall GTA it won't have the patch so it will load the save games fine. Load each save game and then save it in a new save game slot. Then when you patch it the save games will load fine because they were created on the same hard drive.

Tried it and got my saves back, thank goodness. :nervous:
👍

Attachments

• DSCF0264.JPG
    DSCF0264.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 34
Reason is because the GTA4 save is most likely protected so it thought you had copied it. Hence would not allow you to use it.

Back