Can't play the seasonals because of summer holidays?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oyashiro-sama
  • 52 comments
  • 4,023 views
Complaints do not make one immature but the delivery of such complaint and the corresponding responses are. Oyashiro-Sama, I understand how you feel about the seasonal timings, the majority here in the forum might not have the same situation like you, but rest assured, there should be people who share the same view.
If some of the responses to your thread are not the best intention of being courteous or considerate, please understand that we are all from many walks of life, not everyone have the same patience or would give responses like what you expected to be.
For me, I would wished that PD have told us before hand, right after the GTA period was on the way, that we would receive the prize car on weekly basis and there would be seasonals tied to the car every week, at least this would have prepared us for what's coming. Now, all we can do is spare some time and make do with what we have.:cheers:
 
I just wish PD would make seasonals with special prizes every day and only available when you guys are having school.

Unlike being at school some of us don't have a summer break from work and have to make time for GT amongst feeding our families, doing housework or whatever and generally living a normal adult life.

I guarantee I spend more time working than you do at school yet I don't have a thread whining about trivial matter which are out of my hands anyway.
 
"as people have more time to play. (...) Many people are away from home."
See what's wrong here?
Then, why not be mature and nice to everyone and please both? Would it hurt? And why don't those unaffected by the short availability of the seasonals simple ignore this thread? Uh?

Unlike being at school some of us don't have a summer break from work and have to make time for GT amongst feeding our families, doing housework or whatever and generally living a normal adult life.

I guarantee I spend more time working than you do at school yet I don't have a thread whining about trivial matter which are out of my hands anyway.
If you read my post, you would know I'm working. School days are way past for me, unfortunately, and believe me, I wish I was still a stupid brat (maybe mentally I still am, why else would I waste my time on this thread?). Unless you don't believe it, which I couldn't care less.

I admit my 1st post might be a little bit too harsh, but come on... In fact some guys here have an IQ (Idiotic Quotient) too high for me to even begin to understand (and some clones too), so I won't waste my precious time in this matter anymore. Hope you guys all have a good life. Bye all.

PS: Mods, please close this thread. Even if there were more ppl who will miss the seasonals, they are now too scared and won't come to comment anyway.
 
I think it is pretty interesting to see how PD is working to keep people involved with GT5 on a regualar basis. They build rewards for those who log on regularly. The first was the logon multiplier.

Now they are providing an extra seasonal race for those who play weekly and also supported the GTA. GTA was also an interesting out reach in that it was a free trial of GT5 and then a reward to buy GT5 to get your free rewards.

The fact that people are complaining because 1) they will miss a week or two because of vacation or 2) they can't race because they skipped GTA and therefore don't have the cars; is a testimony to how successful they are at keeping people signing on to GT5.

The impressive thing to me is that it is all free and is continuing at a high level a year and a half after the launch of GT5. It obvious why PD produces the most successful console racing game even when it has flaws.
 
My reaction to all this is:
Meme-Serio_313710p.jpg

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

Here's why I had similar reactions: you go on this obnoxious yelling fest complete with All red letters and all caps, just because you won't get to play the seasonals as you are on a Holiday vacation. You seemingly make PD out to be the bad guys just because of this when it is not even necessary. Quite frankly, I've yet to see any developer go "oh its a Holiday vacation for many players so we won't release nothing at this time" so this doesn't exactly make PD special. Either PD's schedule doesn't revolve around Holiday vacations or the majority of people that play this game aren't taking summer vacations, the answer of which I don't know. I hardly find it worth raging over. I do have to ask if you even golded the rounds in the GT Academy Demo.
 
I don't think we can get them to change it or should expect them to, but come on PD, it is summer. It shouldn't be a surprise that people take vacations. OP isn't the only one that goes on vacation.
 
It's a Video Game!
 
I don't think we can get them to change it or should expect them to, but come on PD, it is summer. It shouldn't be a surprise that people take vacations. OP isn't the only one that goes on vacation.

Not in the whole world, so in January they should also consider it is summer in Australia?

It's a Video Game!

👍
This is something a lot of people seem to forget.
 
Great, during this period of time, when people are enjoying summer holidays, and can't play GT5, PD comes and makes 1 week only seasonals.
👎👎👎

I guess you have some GT5 friends in your life living in your neighbourhood. Go to their house with your gamesave on your USB drive and create your PSN account on their console.

Than ask them nicely to do the seasonals for you when they're doing theirs. When everything is finished and you come back from vacation, go to their house, copy the save on the USB and delete your account.

Done.

I will be doing that to be clear. No hussle, no problems. Alternatively, You can always mail the gamesave and give them your details by the phone of course if they're not living close to you.

Let's all complain, maybe they'll change the availability period or reschedule this all thing.

This type of mentality will tear the gaming apart and make all games a corridor shooters.
 
amar212
I guess you have some GT5 friends in your life living in your neighbourhood. Go to their house with your gamesave on your USB drive and create your PSN account on their console.

Than ask them nicely to do the seasonals for you when they're doing theirs. When everything is finished and you come back from vacation, go to their house, copy the save on the USB and delete your account.

Done.

I will be doing that to be clear. No hussle, no problems. Alternatively, You can always mail the gamesave and give them your details by the phone of course if they're not living close to you.

This type of mentality will tear the gaming apart and make all games a corridor shooters.

:bowdown:
 
Great, during this period of time, when people are enjoying summer holidays, and can't play GT5, PD comes and makes 1 week only seasonals.

Wow! I'm sure that the folk at PD would be absolutely distraught to hear this!

The problem I see with this is that you need specific cars that aren't easily available to race. I was unable to get gold for 8-5 which means I cant take part in the last event they will put out and my girlfriend isn't good enough to even get the leaf so she can't race at all.

Screw you PD!

The sense of entitlement boggles the mind...
 
Last edited:
http://[domain blocked due to malware]/instances/400x/23524050.jpg

See the first world problem here?
 
Last edited:
^^I'd way rather be going on vacation than do the seasonals. I guess some things are more important to people :odd:

I would assume now to be the best time to do things like these as it's summer, for the most part, and there's nothing on TV (not counting re-runs).
 
Gejabo
Not in the whole world, so in January they should also consider it is summer in Australia?

Yes. Why make a seasonal only a week long?
 
Why make a seasonal only a week long?
Aren't most of the Special TT Seasonals only a week long anyway?

Plus it's not like it vanishes after a week, you can still do it for almost a month, just you won't get your time on the leaderboard (and since there is no real reward to being on the leaderboard it doesn't really matter anyway).
 
What if you go on vacation for a whole month?
 
I hope that you weren't directing this at me because I don't work. I'm disabled and can't work so if you were aiming your snide remark towards me, thanks. (sarcasm) I wish I could work and lead a normal life. Be thankful for your health kid, thats all I gotta say.

Think you need a chill pill and just because somebody is able to work does not mean they are not disabled or indeed a baby goat.
 
^ Being more courteous towards other cost nothing, you could have made better words and not use such provoking remark. Please don't turn this into a bad conversation.
 
Think you need a chill pill and just because somebody is able to work does not mean they are not disabled or indeed a baby goat.

Wow, there you go again, taking another shot at me. I am getting damn tired of you attacking me. Get off my ass, seriously.
Also, when I said kid, I meant nothing by it as it was meant in a light-hearted manner. So, instead of sticking your nose in just to take a shot at me, maybe you should just say nothing.
 
Last edited:
Fisha695
Aren't most of the Special TT Seasonals only a week long anyway?

Plus it's not like it vanishes after a week, you can still do it for almost a month, just you won't get your time on the leaderboard (and since there is no real reward to being on the leaderboard it doesn't really matter anyway).

Yes the TT'S are but that's different. The only reward you get from them is credits. These seasonals are supposed to result in something.
 
Yes the TT'S are but that's different. The only reward you get from them is credits. These seasonals are supposed to result in something.

A level 0 car.:)
 
A level 0 car.:)

Good enough for me.
Out of the 74 cars I don't have 28 of them are in a level 0 ticket.
 
Back