Cant save rear sliding out (no drift)PC 

• Thread starter Spyrious
  • 7 comments
Greece
Greece
I bought my first wheel ever on feb 2019.Logitech g920 + h shifter.First sim game with the wheel is ac.All assist off except factory (but mostly i drive only with factory abs).Settings all ok and lut.What i'm constantly struggling with is this.On every rwd or awd car i cant save it when the rear starts to slide,i counter steer but i spin out every time.Only on very rare occasions i save it but i come to an almost complete stop.I can't "powerslide" it even a little.I can feel the front wheels whatever they do but when the rear starts to slide it's too late.
Is this how it is in reality?Am i doing something wrong?Thanks

Just keep at it, it really does take some time to adapt to the wheel and the physics/ffb of each game. It can be hard to catch a big slide in AC but it's possible and just takes practice. Only real advice I can give is to learn how to feather the throttle, when the rear goes you don't want to be at full throttle or be completely off it, you want to keep the rear wheels spinning but not too much. And if you do reel it back in be prepared for it to go into a tank slapper. Learning how to shuffle steer helped me with saving some slides too, our toy wheels sometimes need assistance getting back to center quickly enough.

I've never looked but maybe there's some instructional videos on The Tube or something like that you can watch to help you learn how others do it. Or maybe find some drifters on Discord and get some advice from them.

Thanks for the info.I too understand i need to be quick,most of the time i'm not and it ends in a tanks slapper (no motorcycle,but same principle).I guess i need more practice or even learn how to drift.
Is it possible to drift with no drift car?
Thanks

Maybe your wheel settings are off, try searching for the proper ones on the internet. I use a controller and recently changed the settings and I find easier to catch slides, before that I struggled with that but in the end it wasn't me, it was the settings as it seems.

As Dobermann said, wheel settings can be a factor too. The heavier the wheel the harder it is to quickly dial in opposite lock. And most of our wheels aren't quite strong enough to pull the wheel back to center quickly so I assist it by moving it back to center manually which helps. You don't need a drift car, they might help but personally I've always found them weird to drive and can't drift in them worth a darn, your results may vary. Your best bet would probably be to take something low powered like the GT86 to the drift track and just keep practicing until you get the feel for it, then maybe work your way up through higher powered cars and eventually drift cars.

It's not really something we can fully teach or explain with words, you just have to feel it. When you feel the back start to step out ease up on the throttle but don't pull all the way out of it, if you do it can send all the weight to the front which will make the rear chase the front. And if you give it too much throttle it will spin too. Just gotta find that happy balance between too much throttle and not enough throttle, and it will vary from car to car.

I'm no expert so take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Yes thats why i like small jdm cars so much.I drive them on ebisu which is a tight track.These cars made me build up my confidence,but i need more practice.

Also worth setting pre-rendered frames from 0 to 1 and seeing if you get an improvement. This turned out to give the biggest improvement to me as I apparently had some input latency, so my inputs were not so bad, just every action was a fraction of a second too late.

Also worth setting pre-rendered frames from 0 to 1 and seeing if you get an improvement. This turned out to give the biggest improvement to me as I apparently had some input latency, so my inputs were not so bad, just every action was a fraction of a second too late.

Thanks i will try that too.

I have gone through all settings again.Looks like the lut file was not enabled on content manager.I also enabled dynamic ffb.All of this gave me more feel.

Back