Can't see and/or join some players

  • Thread starter Thread starter Swipper
  • 8 comments
  • 545 views
Messages
3
Norway
Norway
Messages
Swipper-_-
Whenever i'm trying to join my friend, and vice versa, it says there is some kind of network error.
However my NAT is NAT Type 2. We have no issues connecting to each other on Call of Duty whatsoever.
Are there any additional ports i may have to open up?

Also when we join other room's and enter the track we can't see each other, nor on the track or on the standings you can see on the right side when you are driving around on the track. But we can see each other on the player list before we enter the track.


Anyone have any ideas on how to fix/get this to work?

EDIT: I have forwarded all the ports here and other PSN ports.
 
Have a friend on my friends list with this exact problem. After many troubleshooting moments with ports, dmz, upnp on his router etc, nothing worked.

It turned out his game had somehow corrupted and a full re-install fixed it. No idea what the original problem was, but it is all good now.
 
Have a friend on my friends list with this exact problem. After many troubleshooting moments with ports, dmz, upnp on his router etc, nothing worked.

It turned out his game had somehow corrupted and a full re-install fixed it. No idea what the original problem was, but it is all good now.

Hmm. Me and my friend both have downloaded it from the PS Store, and downloading 15 GB all over would take quite some time. Also there are some other players i can't see in game and so on. Did you reinstall the updates or the entire game?

They should release a patch to fix this...
 
Hmm. Me and my friend both have downloaded it from the PS Store, and downloading 15 GB all over would take quite some time. Also there are some other players i can't see in game and so on. Did you reinstall the updates or the entire game?

They should release a patch to fix this...

Well, the friend that it happened to tried to just delete the update but I don't think it was possible with the Download version he also had, I believe he had to do a complete re-install to fix his problem, including deleting his save game and starting over. I'm Not saying that it will fix your problem, but it did fix his.
 
Last edited:
This is a frequent happening for a great many on line players. Can't enter a friends lobby (Yes, checked the connection notes before trying to enter the room), can't see one or more of the other racers, being KIK'd or disconnected in the middle of a race, random glitch HOPPING through out a race, etc. I did hear someone say this morning I should reset my PS console,, he says it's very easy and I can check on YouTube for a walk us through the reset routine video. I'm looking for that now but thought I'd check here at GT Planet first.
 
I have had the same problems. Mainly on gt5 but I have ran into it a few times on gt6. Sorry no fixes that im aware of.
 
Thanks ACE004, just checked on YouTube and find one video talking of these disconnection issues (5 drivers were "dumped" on lap 38 of a 40 lap at SPA!! but no one has responded with any ideas or thoughts of what we can do,,, We'll continue searching and get back to this message string. I surely hope we don't have to dump the PS hard drive and lose all our games memory. I've tried to back up to an external HD but my console refuses to recognize any of the three X HD's I own.
 
Thanks ACE004, just checked on YouTube and find one video talking of these disconnection issues (5 drivers were "dumped" on lap 38 of a 40 lap at SPA!! but no one has responded with any ideas or thoughts of what we can do,,, We'll continue searching and get back to this message string. I surely hope we don't have to dump the PS hard drive and lose all our games memory. I've tried to back up to an external HD but my console refuses to recognize any of the three X HD's I own.

Perhaps we should all contact Polyphony Digital Inc. about this?
 
Back