Can't see the apex.

  • Thread starter Thread starter MC CAULEY
  • 17 comments
  • 1,393 views
Messages
429
Messages
AYRTONSCHUMACHER
When racing online I can't see the apex because of the message board on the left and the drivers list on the right. How are you ment to drive around a track when at least half of the screen surface is taken up by crap you could put along the top or bottom on a tickertape. If anybody agrees with me please leave your name and hopefully they will do something about it.
 
I just get tired of the box that pops up on the left every time someone enters or leaves the room. I don't care about that during a race! Messages are fine I guess because someone watching the race might have something to say, but I definitely don't need to see that whole box pop up when somebody leaves the room. We all already figured he was gonna leave the room anyway after he dropped out of the race when he spun off into the sand because he sucks.

I'm sure me and my friends aren't the only ones to think that IM sign on/off sounds (like the AIM style open/close door sound) would suffice instead of a box that shows some stupid pre-programmed leave message AND the a 'this person left the room' message.
 
Last edited:
Square TV? I've never had that problem on widescreen.
 
I'm in full agreement here. Messages popping up which have no interest when you're racing, or trying to set a qualifying lap.

The side message box should be a thing we can select to shut-off. Like with the track map, there's 3 different viewing options and the option to turn it off.
 
It doesn't matter what kind of TV I have. The point is that when I am going around a corner I don't need to know that Buzz Killington is in 11th and that Crap Mc Slow has just left the room. You should be able to use all metre boards and landmarks.
 
Well you can turn off the hud now.
It removes all times and positions, and instruments from the screen.
Don't know about the message box tho.
 
That's not the problem. I don't want to get rid of the clocks and race info. I just don't want them blocking apexs and breaking markers. The things at the side of the track you use to go fast. Leave the sides of the screen clear. So please comment if you agree and if you don't, don't.
 
So please comment if you agree and if you don't, don't.
That's not how discussions work. Anyone can comment in this thread as long as it is relevant. Letting only people who agree with you comment would be pointless. You would only get replies with info you already knew.By letting anyone comment, you may find a solution you wouldn't have otherwise thought of.

For the record, I don't find the messages too distracting, but I agree they would be better somewhere else, like as a tickertape near the top. Having a widescreen probably helps a lot too.
 
It doesn't matter what kind of TV I have.
Sure it does. I don't feel the need to see those messages mid-race, either, but they certainly never block my view in any way. If they block the apex of the turn, holy crap, that's a problem. Could only be rectified by A) stopping the messages, or B) using a widescreen TV instead of square.
 
That's not the problem. I don't want to get rid of the clocks and race info. I just don't want them blocking apexs and breaking markers. The things at the side of the track you use to go fast. Leave the sides of the screen clear. So please comment if you agree and if you don't, don't.

Why should i only comment if i agree lol.:indiff:

Anyway i didn't disagree i just told you that it is possible to turn it off now if you didn't allready know.

Now I disagree about a ticker tape on the bottom or top of the screen.
You would have to spend quite a few seconds staring at it to wait for the info you are looking for to scroll across.
 
I understand the sense of this thread, it's kinda survey and I agree. Chat is annoying, too big, it could give you usless info and it works really bad, often it censure normal words too, without any logical reason...
 
Can you change the heading of a thread if you have set it up? Please stop saying that a wide screen TV sorts the problem out because it doesn't. My friend has a 42" one (Giggidy) and he has the same problem. Is it only the quick drivers that have this problem? Little 13 year old Billy isn't going to find the message board or driver names a problem but I do. Please reply if you are fast and into real racing but if you play GT because it's the latest game out don't. I don't want to hear it. In GT4 I could lap the Nurbring in the Pholly f1 car in a 5:00:8.(Using a wheel) I have the replay saved so don't call me out.
 
I havnt noticed this at all? On every track from Fuji to nurb to cape.

I have a 27" wide screen and use hood view and know exactly where my car is ...
 
I know where my car is at all times as well. I just want to be able to use all landmarks and meterboards as I would be able to if I was driving there for real. Clearly I must be taking crazy pills.
 
I whole heartedly agree! 👍 It is a real problem seeing the apex. I have been racing and someone sends a message and boom I miss the apex. 👎 I have a 46" wide screen TV and it doesn't solve the problem. There needs to be a way to turn that off. Maybe there are some out there who don't use the apex or even know what it is??
 
i happen to be a fast racer and if the box bothers you then you are not concentrating enough you honestly aint that good it a transluscent box gets in your way
 
Back