Can't seem to find a few things

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scoochy619
  • 22 comments
  • 1,790 views
Messages
31
Cant seem to find where to adjust tire pressures

Can't find the button to bring up telemetry or tire temps

Can't find how to rewind or fast forward replays

Unable to get my standard cars into photo mode outside of a race

Help, can't find the answers in the manual anywhere.
 
You can't.

Don't know if there is one

You can't.

You can't.
 
It stinks that there are no FF/Rewind/slo-mos in replays. :yuck: ugh, please address in a patch. NO EXCUSE to not have this in a racing game in 2010.
 
It stinks that there are no FF/Rewind/slo-mos in replays. :yuck: ugh, please address in a patch. NO EXCUSE to not have this in a racing game in 2010.

Apparently they have not included it as the PS3 will not be able to handle it. Not sure how true this is but there may be some logic behind it.
 
So let me get this straight....no way to change tire pressures, view tire temps or even look at my telemetry data?!

Basic tuning information is totally unavailable?!

Not to mention that 80 percent of the cars can't be used in the photo mode....

Ugh, I hope this sim is a work in progress.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently they have not included it as the PS3 will not be able to handle it. Not sure how true this is but there may be some logic behind it.

Did you ever play Racedriver GRID? Its what I used to play before while waiting for this and it had full slow motion, stop, reverse, anything really.
 
F1 2010 should have FF/RW as well.
 
Apparently they have not included it as the PS3 will not be able to handle it. Not sure how true this is but there may be some logic behind it.

I dunno man.. Sounds like crappy programming to me (which is evident in many other areas, unless you buy into the whole 'You don't know how difficult it is to make a game like GT5' sob story).
Almost ruins the point of having such a good photomode
 
Did you ever play Racedriver GRID? Its what I used to play before while waiting for this and it had full slow motion, stop, reverse, anything really.

Right, but how many cars are in GRID? Nowhere near that of GT5, standard or premium. Plus, GRID features all the same cars in a race if I'm not mistaken, rather than a mix of makes & models as the Gran Turismo series has always portrayed.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of the ToCA series as well. But in many ways, it doesn't even compare to Gran Turismo.
 
Oh no I didnt mean that its a fault for not putting it in, its just somebody said the PS3 can't handle it and I was just listing what I played.
 
Cant seem to find where to adjust tire pressures

Can't find the button to bring up telemetry or tire temps

Can't find how to rewind or fast forward replays

Unable to get my standard cars into photo mode outside of a race

Help, can't find the answers in the manual anywhere.

I will make it a little easier for you.

These are the current problems with GT5. If you think it will change, it wont. What you see is what you get.

-Standard cars are TERRIBLE. Should be removed from the game.
-Standard car graphics are a step backward from GT4/GT3
-No inside view with standard cars
-Shadows in the game create a lot of graphic problems on both standard and premium cars. Really really bad on standard cars
-Cant take standard cars to the photo travel
-Cant zoom in on the standard cars with the on track photomode
-Audio is a bit strange and does not sound that good on the interior view. Sounds best on roof cam view (I hate that view)
-No spin around cinematic view after unlocking cars for completing events. Now you have the stupid Car Delivery. Which is terrible.
-Cant change wheels on standard cars
-No inside view on standard cars
-If you purchase wheels and change them, you have to re-purchase the wheels again.
-Some of the load screens are very long
-Online play is a bit rough right now with disconnect issues or freezing
-Piano pounding intro music is terrible. GT4 opening cinema was better
-Damage is just a complete joke even with premium. Takes a good 10-15 minutes of crashing to get results
-Used car dealership only carries standard cars
-No mechanical damage. You can drop from 6th gear to 1st gear with no mechanical damage at all.
-Almost impossible to get flames out of the exhaust
-Cars are dry when its raining
-No huge rewards for completing an entire event. Beginner events for example did not reward with any extra cash even with all gold
-During replays we cant fast forward or rewind.
-Buying parts does not increase the value of a car. So if you put $100,000 in parts into your car, you dont get any credit for it.
-Much of this game feels like a step backward from GT4.
-cant buy brakes
-cant fine tune the transmission. In fact there is almost no tuning at all for the transmission.
-cant change the tire pressure
-cant tell where my tires are wearing out. Inside, outside, too much camber, not enough camber??
 
Oh no I didnt mean that its a fault for not putting it in, its just somebody said the PS3 can't handle it and I was just listing what I played.

Cool.
 
Transmission?, max speed slider is currently all you get
 
Oh for the love of.......no way to adjust the tranny to meet the track then, unless it's a high speed ring?

Did Kaz intentionally remove options and capabilities that were in previous iterations?

At this point I'm finding more content that was removed than put in!
 
Endurance racing?
Havn't reached the lvl 20's yet so I don't know if it gives..
What really wondered me that when I finished the gran turismo tour I got the ending movie....WTF! I am still at 20% of game and the rest is just getting all golds and sort?
L-A-M-E!
Other then that Top Gear? I heard that the ''program'' worked together with PD. I can only say they name the Stig in the intromovie well... enough said...
Further on you have price cars that even in the series you win it wouldn't make it to the top 3! The game looks good and I really enjoy it but I am not buying a wheel for this!
 
Can't find the button to bring up telemetry or tire temps

Telemetry can be access in training once you done a lap you can review it and put up telemetry.

Rest dont exist so far as far as I know.
 
Coming from someone who doesn't have the game yet, I'm not really worried about the standard cars looking subpar. Much more important is if they drive correctly and the tracks look nice, as I will be spending $2k+ for my driving setup. I do want some car porn on my screen but the actual driving is more important imo.

No brake upgrades or transmission tweaks is a major fail though. Hopefully they will patch these in later.
 
How do you adjust the force feedback on driving force gt? I've looked around the options and found nothing. Also how do you change the simulation mode?
 
Training? Is that the licenses?

Can I see telemetry data for my car, on a specific track?
 
Oh for the love of.......no way to adjust the tranny to meet the track then, unless it's a high speed ring?

Did Kaz intentionally remove options and capabilities that were in previous iterations?

At this point I'm finding more content that was removed than put in!

EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN. :crazy: While a lot of these are highly valid complaints, a LOT of things seem to be keyed to your A-spec/B-spec level. In other words, as you progress, damage gets worse, more tuning options become available, etc.

It's full of flaws, but it's also not been played 100% yet. Some things are just plain stupid omissions, but some things are also fed to you as you advance.
 
I could give a monkey's fist about damage...not something that interests me at all. Visable wear on the car, yes, brake dust etc would be nice. Car should look like it just went throguh a grueling 20 mile high speed race.

Damage, not so much.

What tuning options are opened up via leveling?
 
EVERYBODY SETTLE DOWN. :crazy: While a lot of these are highly valid complaints, a LOT of things seem to be keyed to your A-spec/B-spec level. In other words, as you progress, damage gets worse, more tuning options become available, etc.

It's full of flaws, but it's also not been played 100% yet. Some things are just plain stupid omissions, but some things are also fed to you as you advance.

yea im noticing more damage the higher i lvl ... i dont get why people are complaining so much, if it makes you that mad then dont play. i love the game ...could be better but its the best there is right now
 
Back