Can't unsubscribe from gtplanet notification emails

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
hejustsitsthere
So for the past few months I've been getting lots of gtplanet notification emails filling up my inbox, and despite having clicked unsubscribe from all emails probably over a dozen times, they just keep coming. I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Also, as a separate issue, is it possible to move a thread from one subforum to another? I've just realised I've put my livery thread 'Hejustsits and makes liveries' in the GTS photomode & scapes thread when I'd meant to put it in the livery editor thread.

Thanks in advance :)

So for the past few months I've been getting lots of gtplanet notification emails filling up my inbox, and despite having clicked unsubscribe from all emails probably over a dozen times, they just keep coming. I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.
Have you clicked 'Preferences' here?
IMG_20171019_152707.JPG

Which takes you to this?
IMG_20171019_152926.JPG

So I did what @Conformation recommended, as well as having unsubscribed from emails through the emails themselves; my inbox is still being flooded with gtplanet notification emails. Can a mod recommend anything? Is anyone else having this happen to them? At the moment there are about 5 gtplanet emails for every other (though often equally irrelevant) email.

I am not sure why this would occur, and haven't experienced any other problems with email subscriptions myself. We'll have to do some troubleshooting to figure out what is happening.

To confirm, when you visit the threads that you are receiving notification emails from, is there a link near the top of the page which says "Unwatch Thread"? If it says "Unwatch", it would indicate that you are still subscribed to the thread in some way.

I am not sure why this would occur, and haven't experienced any other problems with email subscriptions myself. We'll have to do some troubleshooting to figure out what is happening.

To confirm, when you visit the threads that you are receiving notification emails from, is there a link near the top of the page which says "Unwatch Thread"? If it says "Unwatch", it would indicate that you are still subscribed to the thread in some way.

Yes, I'm seeing the 'unwatch' links. I'd like to be subscribed to the threads, but only so far as gtplanet alerts, not emails, if that's possible.

OK, and you can confirm that when you subscribed to these threads, you used the "without receiving email notifications" option?

I presume you are subscribed to this thread now — are you receiving email alerts for it?

I am going to start logging emails sent to your address to see if I can get a better understanding for what is happening and will watch it over the next few days.

OK, and you can confirm that when you subscribed to these threads, you used the "without receiving email notifications" option?

I presume you are subscribed to this thread now — are you receiving email alerts for it?

I am going to start logging emails sent to your address to see if I can get a better understanding for what is happening and will watch it over the next few days.

I can confirm both of those things, the last email I received was 13 minutes ago for your last post.

OK, do you get a notification email for this reply?

I just checked your subscriptions in the database. Of the 35 threads you're subscribed to, you have email notifications enabled for 15 of them, but this isn't one of them. If you do receive an email notification for this, it will be a real mystery...

EDIT: According to the email log, a notification message was not sent to you, as expected.

Last edited:
OK, do you get a notification email for this reply?

I just checked your subscriptions in the database. Of the 35 threads you're subscribed to, you have email notifications enabled for 15 of them, but this isn't one of them. If you do receive an email notification for this, it will be a real mystery...

EDIT: According to the email log, a notification message was not sent to you, as expected.

Do I have to individeally set that for each thread then? And doesn't that mean the 'disable all emails' link in the emails isn't working? I will if I have to, but I'm not keen on the idea of disabling emails thread by thread when what I want is no emails at all. Thanks for all the help by the way.

No, the "disable all emails" link should work as expected.

However, it does not affect your default thread watch settings. So, if you "disable all emails" but do not change your account preferences to disable email notifications, you would still receive notifications to threads you subscribed to in the future, after you first clicked on the "disable all emails" link.

Now that you have changed this setting and have unsubscribed from all previous threads, you should not receive any more notification emails. I just checked your account in the database and can confirm this.

No, the "disable all emails" link should work as expected.

However, it does not affect your default thread watch settings. So, if you "disable all emails" but do not change your account preferences to disable email notifications, you would still receive notifications to threads you subscribed to in the future, after you first clicked on the "disable all emails" link.

Now that you have changed this setting and have unsubscribed from all previous threads, you should not receive any more notification emails. I just checked your account in the database and can confirm this.

Thanks for all your help Jordan.

Back