Can't upload any images?

Croatia
Croatia
So for about a month now I can't upload images using the "Upload a File" function. No matter what thread or file it is, i get "The following error occurred. There was a problem uploading your file". I tried different file types, like JPG and PNG or different file sizes, but it's always the same error.

I can't even upload the exact same images I know I uploaded before using the same function. Of course i could upload an image to a hosting site and paste the url but it's a bit less convenient.

It's obviously something on my end as everyone else seems to be able to upload images normally.

Any idea why that is? I feel like I'm missing something simple :confused:

Yeah, there are currently no server problems with file uploads.

What operating system and browser are you using?

Yeah, there are currently no server problems with file uploads.

What operating system and browser are you using?

Hi Jordan, I'm on windows 10 and the latest version of Firefox. I don't think OS is the problem as I've been on windows 10 since early 2016 and I've been able to upload normally as recently as march.

And I've been using Firefox since forever, don't think I've ever accessed GTP in any other browser. Though to be sure I'll try another browser and see if anything changes.

Yes, give another browser a try.

A Firefox plugin may be interfering with the upload process, so it may be worth disabling all your browser plugins/extensions to see if you can identify the source of the problem.

Hmm, it Works in Edge. Now I can upload the screenshot of the error i get when using Firefox.

error.jpg

Ok, I'm glad there is a way but I'll try it now in Firefox again to see if i can make it work..

EDIT: Ok now on Firefox again, I disabled everything and I can upload no problem. error.jpg

I still don't know what plugin caused it but I'll figure that out easily.

I tried a lot of things, but didn't even think to try a different browser. So, problem fixed. Thanks Jordan:gtpflag:

EDIT2: Just in case anyone has this problem, this seems to be related to the Shockwave Flash plugin in Firefox. If I disable it image upload works and if I enable it it doesn't.

Last edited:
Just in case anyone has this problem, this seems to be related to the Shockwave Flash plugin in Firefox. If I disable it image upload works and if I enable it it doesn't.
Ah, yes. Be sure that you are running the latest version of Flash in your browser. 👍

I've been living with the same problem for about a year after FF seized up during an update. Couldn't find a way around it until I installed the FlashDisable add-on, though that shouldn't be necessary as you can still drag and drop multiple files without Flash causing issues.

My image URL's from IMGUR upload in the previews, but when I press submit I get the broken window icon.

W7 using Chrome, hosted image was .jpg

Can you provide a link to the image, @mister dog?

Most likely it was too large. You can't embed an image larger than 10MB or the cache will reject it.

Can you provide a link to the image, @mister dog?

Most likely it was too large. You can't embed an image larger than 10MB or the cache will reject it.
Edit, not sure what happened but now the same link works. Weird, sorry for wasting your time then Jordan :).

If it happens again I'll post back.

Back