Capture GT2 replays with PS2 on Mac?

• Thread starter jrose
  • 4 comments
Hi all:

AGAIN I'm planning to get all 60 of my GT2 Licence Replays on YouTube.

I think my replays are worth putting up - see my 60 Cyberscore Entries (JRose)

I have PS2, MacBook Pro 10.7.5, and of course the GT2 replays.
Now I need help and advice re: kit required:
I've read somewhere that only Elgato Game Capture HD will work with Mac. True?
OK so I get the Elgato . . . .

In reply to my query about whether their device will work for me, Elgato says:

"The PlayStation 2 may use emulation software to play older PlayStation One games, that shouldn't hinder the recording process for the Elgato Game Capture HD device."

"[their device] is able to capture video from the Playstation 2 using the composite adapter. This means you will only get a 480p resolution"

Is this the maximum resolution one can get for GT2 replays?
Would it help if I bought a PS3 60GB or any other kit?

Any other options???

JRose (age 71 - yes! you better believe it!)

The Mac has a built in recorder technically, QuickTime Player has a recording option but is pretty uselsess unless you install Soundflower (its a program which brings the sound out on Mac recordings)

OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)is coming to the Mac and is very easy to use, also have you thought about installing Windows 7 on your Mac via Bootcamp? That can open up a load of doors if you do that :P

The Mac has a built in recorder technically, QuickTime Player has a recording option but is pretty uselsess unless you install Soundflower (its a program which brings the sound out on Mac recordings)

OBS (Open Broadcasting Software)is coming to the Mac and is very easy to use, also have you thought about installing Windows 7 on your Mac via Bootcamp? That can open up a load of doors if you do that :P

Thanks for reply!

I should have said I'm a total dummy/newbie when trying to understand what will work and how to connect it.

My brain must be missing something here . . . . . . . .
Errr, QT Player can save what's on my laptop screen.
OK, but surely I have to get my GT2 replays displayed on my laptop first???

I just looked at OBS - not ready . . . . . . . . .
While Macs are lightyears from perfect, I have a hate thing for all things Microsoft.

JRose

If you have the Elgato device that surely makes the game show up on the laptop screen, from there you can sort of crop it so it shows just the games screen, you can edit it and stuff in iMovie afterwards :3

If you have the Elgato device that surely makes the game show up on the laptop screen, from there you can sort of crop it so it shows just the games screen, you can edit it and stuff in iMovie afterwards :3
No I don't have the Elgato HD yet.
I'm trying to decide if that is the way to go to get best quality video in largest size using my Mac.
I'd prefer to find something cheaper than the 140 GBPounds if possible, without sacrificing quality.

Thanks again for replying.

Back