car battle MINES GTR vs nismo gtr r-tune

• Thread starter GT40 MKII
  • 17 comments
United States
in a house
gt40mkii
i got messin around and noticed the gtr tuner cars mainly the two i mentioned. So i put them through a bit of a comparo runs

CARS
mines gtr
NISMO GTR R-Tune

TEST #1 Tsukuba dry (hot lap)
purpose... to get a basic solo run feel of each one
NISMO
lap time 1'04.551
comments
good solid car, very noticable sound. A little body roll here and there with some understeer. good throttle response.looks great. Pretty quick and fun car; NISMO @ its finest.

MINES
lap time 1'00.112

comments
Sheer excellence this thing is friggin quick. handiles quite nicely, good throttle response sounds and looks terriffic. it almost feels like it was made for the track

TEST #2
Family car cup fuji 05 gt config ( A.I. +2)

mines r34
this thing really shows its stuff under fierce competition. This thing is a missle. the suspension and 4wd allows for very fast aggressive cornering. beat a ford rs200 r.c. by 5 seconds

NISMO Rtune
Impressive except for the brakes. Some understeer but decent handiling under competition driving. But on lap 2 when the tires got green i could throw it like the mines machine.
also the impreza driver needs a bit more time behind the wheel cause he made me mad and i landed a successful PIT manuver AND HE SPUN!!! and came in 6th :sly:

more tests to come
nubriging 1 lap
0-400m
sarthe 1 1 lap
tsukuba "WET" lap
so far no clear winner
keep watching for test results

Attachments

• minesr3401.jpg
    minesr3401.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 50
Looking forward to the other tests. I was having trouble to beat the RUF on Tunners Races, at professional hall in my collection of underpowered S2000's. So I bought the Mine's GTR and smoked'em :crazy:
I was in doubt if I should get the Mine's or the Nismo's GTR... So I go for the looks 💡

Somehow I have a feeling that this test isn't fair, the Mine's Skyline has way more power and less weight than the Nismo.

Whatever, I'm looking forward to the results! :)

Actually mines would win in most catagory.... 1/4 mile and so forth.
Consider that mines isnt a production car, unlike Nismo. Mines would favor in most catagory. Mines is the ultimate gtr ever built in japan, not in terms of power wise, but response, track use ,etc. (not in drift).
Both cars are good, but its like putting a WRX vs a WRX STI, but i'd favor nismo in Nur' simply because its easier to control the car, but in other catagory, mines all the way, simply because the 4WD system ATTESA-ETS.
Mines handles more like a RWD, which is why it maneged a 57 sec TSUKUBA.
The test isnt fair, but lets see the results.... i hope their isnt TCS or ASM!, makes it even more intresting! on TSUKUBA wet.

well heres the thing i actually FORGOT The results @ my house. HKS_T51KAI it is no ASM or tcs on tsukuba wet and no electricity at my house due to a high electric bill

im back heres an update

Tsukuba wet run
NISMO GTR (lap time 1'14.340)
car was good and solid untill the first turn then it went sideways on me. tried to drift a lot on me but had a fair amount of traction car left the road a few times. bad understeer

MINES gtr (lap 1'11.128)
crappy brakes on wet surfaces it almost feels like the ice arena track with tihs cars brakes) some drift moments only left the road under the dunlop bridge. seems too fast fo wet tracks

1/4 mile (this was the fun one for me)
MINES=0'11.233
NISMO=0'12.467

TOP SPEED
Nismo-189.18 mph
MINES-208.58 mph

NURBURGRING THRASH SESSION
note: these were standing start laps as in starting line

nismo (lap=8'06.586)
hmmm... not bad. Adnraeur forst section did hit the rumble strip. so far it is easy to drive and fun at the same time allows for taking on the ring with confidence. only left the track one time not to mention it flies pretty decently also

MINES gtr (lap=7'46.489)
THIS THING HAULS *** flies really good actually almost like a jdm general lee. after this i've learned to never doubt a car that has sweet looks cause it'll turn around and bite. at medium or low cornering speeds this car is awesome but at higher speeds all i can say is HANG ON

winner not able to be decided yet

What if you tried some laps in a "difficult" small track like El Capitan with both cars? there you can see things like uphill and downhill, low traction spots, check under and oversteer easily...just an idea. 10 laps each?
Nurb is a really long track and sometimes, the wrong exit of one single turn might ruin your lap time by a lot!

I'm enjoying this battle! Keep it up!! 👍

HMMM good idea dkstz when i get the electric turned back on
the lap of the ring was imo a way to do those things but i will do that

update
my electric is back on, im up and running so its all good
NISMO r tunes laps already done will post as soon as i get done thrashing the mines machine so sit tight

GT40 MKII
lost laps and data but the mines was the overall winner
As I've stated in this post it's quite easy to match these two monsters up. Don't ask me what parts the Nismo needs but with an oil change (on both cars) and a few mods the power of the Nismo is 622hp and the Mines will be 630hp , with the Nismo being slightly lighter.

The power-to-weight ratio comes down to 2.06 for the Mines and 2.08 for the Nismo so with such even PWR's it comes down to user preference. Personally, I prefer the handling of the Nismo, though, the Mines IMHO can produce quicker times.

kh0ppah
do a test on apricot hill mni :D
i luv that track...
hmmm one may come about im not sure yet i just got my gt4 to working but on the ring run i did i forgot to mention i did see what appears to be the BMW factory at the start

This is kind of a one sided test, I think the mines GTR is easil;y the winner of this battle...

BTW, that picture in your first post, I have that video on my iPod, it is a great battle of cars at their best :)

A lot of good tests. And a nice report.

I really should wonder if the Mine's Skyline or the R-Tune is better.

I really prefer a power test like Top Speed and 400m.

Back