Car Build Contest: UNDERGROUND RACE SPONSOR (Round 4/Last Round...for now) (Winner: JASON_ROCKS1998)

• Thread starter Stephan
  • 8 comments

Car Build Contest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

Still progressing........
Premium
Philippines
Manila
Filracer
Today in this thread features builds from different GTP members who plays NFSU2.

For this weeks theme: Underground Race Sponsors (theme chosen by @SomePlayaDude)

"In the career mode, you will receive sponsors from Rachel which you'll have to fulfill. The issue I'm having with it is how it just exists only as a mention, and to tell you that you got a free car, while in real life, representing is just as important as racing for them. I'd say let's take that up a notch. Build any car, but have it assume a sponsored "cup car" to prove you're worth something on the streets."

Rules given by SPD:
- Vinyls are free reign, but the top layer has to be either an "After Market" vinyl, or a "Sponsor" vinyl (Burger King, Best Buy). It also has to be pretty visible.
- Don't use 2 different sponsors. Don't have two "After Market" or "Sponsor" vinyls.
- No decals.
- No spinners.
- You can't use COPPERHEAD and GATO split hoods.
- If you happen to represent a wheel brand such as 5Zigen, O.Z. or BBS, make sure you're using them.

So here are the choices for this week's theme:
1. Nissan Skyline GTR R34 V-spec sponsored by Cingular Wireless and made by @girabyt3
1 (1).png

3.png

9.png

Widebody kit: Apocalypse
Spoiler: Banshee
Exhaust: Sonic
Headlights: Topix
Taillights: Stock
Rims: RacingHart CP-FTUNE R 20"
Side mirrors: Carbon redial
Hood: Colix
Doors: Scissor
Neon Kit (trunk): Intermittent white
Neon Kit (Engine bay): Intermittent white
Window tint: Iridescent black Pearl
Lights: Xenon 8000K
N2O purge: Type 3 gold
Hydraulics: Type 3
Trunk design: Custom
Fillers: Full NOS Bottles (10lb-15lb-20lb)
7 (1).png
2. Nissan Skyline R34 GTR V-spec sponsored by BBS Rims and made by @JASON_ROCKS1998
speed2 6705.jpg

speed2 6706.jpg

Bodykit: Mantis
Spoiler: Airforce
Hood: Colix
Exhaust: Rocket
Rims: BBS RX2 20"
3. Toyota Supra sponsored by Cingular Wireless and made by @rallymorten
20170320164901_1.jpg

20170320164910_1.jpg

Spoiler: Banshee
Hood: Formula Style
Headlights: Projector
Side mirrors: Weflect
Exhaust tip: Vortex
Rims: NFSU2 Five-Star, 18''
Wide body kit: Vapor

So we got two cars that uses the same sponsorship and two contestants who uses the same car.

Those are the contestants for this weeks Build contest. Choose wisely. And those who are in this contest, you are not allowed to vote your own build. You are free to comment on the builds featured in this contest.

And I do apologize @SomePlayaDude if I wasn't able to follow one of your rules on whoever gets to use a sponsor brand first.

Attachments

• 1 (1).png
    1 (1).png
    94 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.png
    3.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
Before we start I would like to announce that I will be putting this contest on hiatus because the lack of contestants. I love that there are those who are willing to join despite how this game is very old but with the NFS game coming out soon, I may decide to create a contest on that game instead (if the next NFS game follows NFS2015).

I would like to thank all of you for joining and voting in this contest despite how old the game is. So anyways let's get down to voting.

Honestly the BBS Skyline reminds me of Eddie's Skyline back in NFSUG1. As for the Cingular Skyline, it was tuned well and the bodykit makes it even more menacing. The Supra? Well I didn't like the bodykit selection available for the Supra (except for the Apocalypse kit) and this is one of them.

So my vote goes for the BBS Skyline.

Edit:
I decided to put the contest on a hold for now. A month break would be needed for me to revise the rules.

Last edited:
So yeah, I tried to build something along the lines of a GT race car and this came out alright, I'd say.

As for the others, I have to go with Jasons BBSkyline. Using basically the same exterior kits as the hero Skyline might be playing it a tad bit safe, and I'm not sure I'd have gone with that color combo (despite the perhaps-unintentional SRS likeness to it.. what, the game was 0,99€ on Steam!), but it's not bad at all. Bonus points for nearly having a star rating of 4.20.

As for the competition, I would advice you rethink some of the suggestions that seems to have been forgotten:
  • With three entrants and maybe two handfuls of people ever visiting the thread, leaving an entire week for the voting process may be slightly overkill.
  • Have another competition running whilst voting is in progress on another, similar to the various photomode competitions found elsewhere on the site.
Those measures in itself may not boost the numbers, but it'll eliminate the week of deadness that is upon us.

So yeah, I tried to build something along the lines of a GT race car and this came out alright, I'd say.

As for the others, I have to go with Jasons BBSkyline. Using basically the same exterior kits as the hero Skyline might be playing it a tad bit safe, and I'm not sure I'd have gone with that color combo (despite the perhaps-unintentional SRS likeness to it.. what, the game was 0,99€ on Steam!), but it's not bad at all. Bonus points for nearly having a star rating of 4.20.

As for the competition, I would advice you rethink some of the suggestions that seems to have been forgotten:
  • With three entrants and maybe two handfuls of people ever visiting the thread, leaving an entire week for the voting process may be slightly overkill.
  • Have another competition running whilst voting is in progress on another, similar to the various photomode competitions found elsewhere on the site.
Those measures in itself may not boost the numbers, but it'll eliminate the week of deadness that is upon us.
Yeah. Thanks man you really do help in making this contest. I've been thinking but I would suggest adding another host to this contest to ensure that the contest is not dead because having only one host would mean a lot of work.

I may put the contest instead on a break. I'll give it 1 month for me to revise the rules of this contest.

I like @rallymorten's Supra, very clean to me and not to mention nothing that much to offset the colors he picked out.

I wish I had the game on my PC, but I guess since I have PhotoShop I can experiment with vinyl designs.

Can't Believe I won another round. Will post a new theme in the main thread once I've thought of one

Can't Believe I won another round. Will post a new theme in the main thread once I've thought of one
You can but I suggest posting the new theme by May 1 because I might need to make a huge overhaul on this contest.

Latest Posts

Back