Car/Class Balancing

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kandiimitsu
  • 5 comments
  • 762 views
Messages
36
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I have been racing online the last couple of week in Group 2, and I have noticed that it has become the Nissan GTR Supercup. Does anyone know if they intend to balance the cars in group 2 so that all of the cars are viable? I mean the old NSX looks awesome, but its a shame the old super gt 2008 cars aren't being used. I rarely see the Raybrig NSX these days also.

Also is it possible to see where a livery came from if the person you are inspecting hasn't created it?
 
The reason why the GT-R is so widely used is because of its handling, which BoP unfortunately does not affect. The 2016 cars by design all have nearly identical perfomance, but the GT-R is simply the best handing one.

The reason why the old Super GT cars can’t keep up is simply because they’re 8 years older, so it’s just outdated machinery. No reason to use them unless you just want to have fun online.

The easiest way to find the livery you’re looking for would just be to ask the person who used it on PSN where they got it from. If it’s a popular livery it shouldn’t be to hard to find in the Discover tab.
 
I know that the Nissan is slightly better handling and that the NSX is slightly faster but whats the point of putting in the old cars if they are going to be that much slower? Surely it makes sense to balance them to be on par with the newer cars so they get used more. From following Super GT since its JGTC days I know the new cars are about 6 seconds a lap slower than the new cars. Michael Krumm even said recently that the GTR 300 Nissan is almost as fast as the old Super GT cars from 2008.

I'm sure there are some that would agree with me that they would rather see a good variety when they do the daily/weekly races?
 
Michael Krumm even said recently that the GTR 300 Nissan is almost as fast as the old Super GT cars from 2008.

2008 saw a change in aero from 2007 that made them 2 or 3 seconds slower per lap. The 2007 machines were absolute beasts.

Not that this diminishes your point in any way, I'm just saying. 2008 was a big step backwards. The 2007 models would decimate current GT300.
 
I keep hearing about the differences in the cars, using the meta is an advantage, such and such a car is not competitive... and I agree on the surface. I have looked at the BoP car comparisons/tests and one thing stood out. Yes, some cars are faster at certain tracks, others at other tracks, but if you put a truly fast guy at the wheel, at least in GR3 & 4, the lap time differences between the fastest and slowest on a given track is usually 1 second at the most. Many of the favorite cars are only tenths apart. That tells me that the BoP is actually pretty good since it's an overall adjustment, and not track specific. I've found, for me, it's not always the fastest car (for me) that gets me the best results, but often the one that allows me to pass, use alternate lines, or recover from errors. In GR3 I like the Aston because it accelerates hard, and has good (not the best) top speed. Makes it work well in traffic, and helps in passing.

I don't think there's anything that can be done to make more cars competitive because there are always pluses and minuses for every car. If you give one car a boost in power, or reduction in weight to make it competitive this week, it might be unbeatable next week at a different track.
 
The reason why the GT-R is so widely used is because of its handling, which BoP unfortunately does not affect. The 2016 cars by design all have nearly identical perfomance, but the GT-R is simply the best handing one.

The reason why the old Super GT cars can’t keep up is simply because they’re 8 years older, so it’s just outdated machinery. No reason to use them unless you just want to have fun online.

The easiest way to find the livery you’re looking for would just be to ask the person who used it on PSN where they got it from. If it’s a popular livery it shouldn’t be to hard to find in the Discover tab.
I quite often read this, but I'm not convinced that's the case.

Here's an example I could quickly find on my spreadsheet.
I avoided comparisons before and after the tyre model change (v1.23), so I checked Gr.1 stats. from v1.12 and v1.20

The numbers represent the following:
Power Torque Weight Power/Weight Max. Speed Acceleration Braking Cornering Stability

All 4 cars have the same Power, Torque, and Weight for both game versions, but...

(v1.12)Alpine VGT 2017 RR 576 54.9 930 0.619 9.6 5.7 6.1 6.1 6.1
(v1.20)Alpine VGT 2017 RR 576 54.9 930 0.619 9.5 5.7 6.1 6.1 6.4
*Lower Max. Speed - Higher Stability*


(v1.12)Audi R18 2011 MR 597 103.1 900 0.663 8.9 6.9 6.2 6.2 6.7
(v1.20)Audi R18 2011 MR 597 103.1 900 0.663 8.9 6.9 6.3 6.2 6.7
*Higher Braking*

(v1.12)Audi R18 2016 MR 526 90.2 875 0.601 8.5 8.0 6.2 6.1 7.4
(v1.20)Audi R18 2016 MR 526 90.2 875 0.601 8.7 8.0 6.2 6.1 7.6
*Higher Max. Speed - Higher Stability*


(v1.12)Bugatti VGT(Gr.1) 4WD 672 77.4 980 0.686 9.2 8.7 6.4 6.4 7.3
(v1.20)Bugatti VGT(Gr.1) 4WD 672 77.4 980 0.686 9.1 8.7 6.3 6.3 7.2
*Lower Max. Speed - Lower Braking, Cornering, Stability*


Here's Gr.2 after the updated tyre model, comparing v1.24 to v1.29:

(v1.24)Honda NSX '16 MR 603 62.5 1049 0.575 7.7 6.4 5.3 5.3 5.8
(v1.29)Honda NSX '16 MR 603 62.5 1049 0.575 7.7 6.4 5.3 5.3 5.9
*Higher stability*


(v1.24)Lexus RC F '16 FR 614 60.0 1020 0.602 7.7 6.3 5.3 5.3 6.2
(v1.29)Lexus RC F '16 FR 614 60.0 1020 0.602 7.7 6.3 5.3 5.3 6.2
*No change*

(v1.24)Nissan GT-R '16 FR 612 60.0 1020 0.600 7.7 6.3 5.3 5.3 6.1
(v1.29)Nissan GT-R '16 FR 612 60.0 1020 0.600 7.7 6.3 5.3 5.3 6.1
*No change*


It's something I've always been going to do, but never got around to doing.
So this time I've taken some screen-shots of all 6 of the Gr.2 cars as they are now, and I'll cross-reference their settings with the next update (assuming there are some changes).
But it seems to me that BoP is more than just small changes of power and/or weight.
 
Back