Car Collections

  • Thread starter Thread starter crowhop
  • 27 comments
  • 2,277 views
Messages
2,621
United States
Upstate SC, USA
Messages
GTP_crowhop
What cars comprise your collection and why?

I decided early on I had no interest in collecting one of every car in the game. Simply too many boring cars I wouldn't even own in real life to want to own them in a video game. However, I did want to get the 1000 car trophy, so I finally got there after buying every car I found that was even remotely interesting or had a nice paint chip.

Then the update that varied the mileage and colors arrived and I decided to go for my ultimate collection: only collecting cars with less than 10,000 km.
I'm up to 500± Standards now.

I'm also in the process of changing the oil and washing/painting/winging them all as well...to make them look best and make them all driveable.
For the Race Cars, I change the oil, add Racing Mediums, and add the Chassis Stabilizer. For Rally Cars, I buy Racing Hards, Dirt and Snow tires.

I do have a few cars with 10,000+ km. Those are ones I really like and/or only come in select paints that cannot be painted. For those I rebuild the engine and chassis.

It would be a challenge to only collect Race Cars with <1000 km. So, if I play that long, that might be the next collection.
 
I try to buy all the cars I see that I don't have, being a crap or not:) Almost 1000 cars wee:D
 
Rally cars, LMPs and DTM cars.

There's too many GT500 car anyhow.
 
Race cars, rally cars and concept cars, basically anything with livery with a few nice street cars thrown in.
 
Lots and lots of American Muscle.
Saleen S7, Corvette(all of them), Camaro(Z28RM/SSRM), Cien Concept, Challenger, etc.

Along with a some Italian super cars(Murcielago, Gallardo, and some Ferraris),some racers, and a whole lot of tuners


My favorite of which is my stock ZR-1, every time I get bored with the game I just throw it around the 'Ring and try to beat my lap record.
Here's a picture of it that I'm actually kind of proud of:
ZR-1%20Galgano%201.jpg
 
Rally cars, FR, RR, MR and Drift type cars.
 
Oddly I seem to enjoy buying saloons and estates, often to make them into Veyron eaters online :crazy:
 
Weirdly enough, Mitsubishi FTOs. I guess it's because they're really cheap and can be pretty fast well-tuned. Oh, and also American cars.
 
Ive got them all, apart from some premiums, but thats just a matter of time to get the money....
 
I just want the good stuff. I have all F1 cars (including four Red Bull X2010s), many LMP cars and every classic race car I want (except 2D but I have a 1967 ticket already). I also value my GT Academy cars (370z 0.0 km and two GT-Rs) and of course my NSX Prototypes. I bought every premium car I wanted except the Peugeot 908 (I'm getting it tonight). Not many muscle cars or silly rally cars in my garage. :)
 
I like all the LMP´s RM´s Race Cars super gt dtm etc and rally cars and the last... everything expensive :P
 
It's the RPG element in GT5: collecting all the cars :)
And just like in real RPG games, you're not gonna use everything you collect.
I'm happy to have all the cars available, but only drive around 8%...
What do I do with money that comes in?
I but cars I like, in colours I like :)
1129 so far, and still adding...
Mostly premiums which I like, such as Impreza's, GT-R's, BMW's, Lambo's, Ferrari's etc.
Why? Just for fun :sly:

The car I'm most proud of?
My Carbon X2010.
Took me a long time, a lot of shouting and a lot of patience to finally get gold at Suzuka.
 
Last edited:
What cars comprise your collection and why?

All of them, every last one apart from the Chrome Line cars and that Camaro thing that the US got. Main reason I collected them all is because I wanted to do it for years on GT4 and never got round to it, made myself a promise I would do it on GT5 and I did.
 
I'm proud of my 860 car collection thus far. (Going for the 1,000 trophy)
- My X2010 in that dark green is choice..
- I've collected all the cars from the 'Historic Race', (Not a cheap exercise thanks to the Ferrari, Jag xj13 & Mark IV costing $20,000,000, (and the Chapparel cars being 10,000,000 +) - I've got these listed as my 6 online cars in case anyone wanted to test drive these Expensive Machines
 
I am about 50 cars short of collecting them all but I also collect Hondas of every color. A have multiple Amuse s2k, Mugen s2k, and a few Spoon EKs and DC2s.
 
German's and Japanese classics make up most of my garage.
 
LMPs because they're so damn expensive to get and getting money in GT5 is quite a b*tch. I also almost have all the Corvettes in the game. I just need the C5-R, the C2 Z06 Race Car and the 2000 Z06 C5 and i'm good to go. :)
 
I just hit 1100 cars. I have every car except the chromelines. I've been buying low mileage and exotic duplicates. Also collecting the color variations Is fun.
 
After I get all of the cars in the game, primarily because it's an exercise in achieving a goal, I'll start gathering some doubles of the cars I like the most (like the Amuse S2K GT1 Turbo, the Audi V10 R8 and the Nissan GT-R '07) and the cars I've painted but can't put back to their original color (like the Pagani Zonda R and the McLaren F1).

Peace...
 
If it's liveried I buy it......15 to go....
 
Race/Rally and cool cars. Setting at about 340 right now with a couple same model cars. I have no desire to collect all cars but mainly liveried, exotics and notable cars.
 
I got a couple of little collections in my garage. Felipe Massa's two F1 cars, Xanavi GT-Rs both R34 and R35, and ALL Ferraris, most of the customizes with deliciously stylish paintjobs (Bordeaux Red, Blu Mireabeu, Azzurro, Mazziora Matterhorn, etc.)
 
I just love race cars. It doesn't matter if it's a Lupo Cup Car or Nissan R92CP. If it has a livery and number on it, I'm getting it. :)
 
Race cars, rally cars and concept cars, basically anything with livery with a few nice street cars thrown in.

I'm pretty much the same. I want the racing cars.
 
MintBerryCrunch
Lots and lots of American Muscle.
Saleen S7, Corvette(all of them), Camaro(Z28RM/SSRM), Cien Concept, Challenger, etc.

Along with a some Italian super cars(Murcielago, Gallardo, and some Ferraris),some racers, and a whole lot of tuners

My favorite of which is my stock ZR-1, every time I get bored with the game I just throw it around the 'Ring and try to beat my lap record.
Here's a picture of it that I'm actually kind of proud of:

Damn that pic looks sweet
 
About 200 cars in and collecting more very slowly at this point (being picky and only going with stuff I find interesting). Since the update that allows all cars to be used online I removed everything from my favorites list and am only adding back cars I really like, have at least done oil changes and added stabilizer (or fully "restored") if used, have bought a selection of tires for, and have sorted out on the track (generally run practice laps at suzuka).

As far as different little collections, I have a bunch of GT300s (will be working on GT500s next), and a good selection of Subaru rally cars, WRX STi's, and STi wagons.
 
Oddly I seem to enjoy buying saloons and estates, often to make them into Veyron eaters online :crazy:

I do the same thing. I've got all the Supras in the game too.
 
Back