Car Collision

I am a new to GT Sport. Coming from iracing, AC on PC.
i have done several online races now, and noticed when I get bumped from rear my car just skips to the side and i get pushed off track? is this normal for GTS?
It does not feel realistic at all. if I get bumped it should be a bump, not get pushed 10ft to the side. Sane thing If I brake late and I bump car ahead i see he fly off track by alot.
do you get penalized for this in Manufactures cup for this? I have only driven in Daily Races and noticed this. not fun at all.

i have done several online races now, and noticed when I get bumped from rear my car just skips to the side and i get pushed off track? is this normal for GTS?
It does not feel realistic at all. if I get bumped it should be a bump, not get pushed 10ft to the side. Sane thing If I brake late and I bump car ahead i see he fly off track by alot.
do you get penalized for this in Manufactures cup for this? I have only driven in Daily Races and noticed this. not fun at all.
Well that would depend on the force of the bump. A slight tap doesnt do much damage but heavy bump then you will be off the track for sure.

Could you provide some video of what you're experiencing?

Collision physics haven't changed that much since GT1/2, which is closer to an Air-Hockey game.
Cars in Gran Turismos doesn't seem to absorb impact at all, and due to that even bump drafting is very efficient...
Small lag can multiply the effect.

'Lag spike bump draft' :bowdown:

I will try to get a video going. I am new to ps4 , I need to learn how to share or save video
So my 1st race at daily races today. I qualify P3.
At T1 I get hit from rear , go off track, end in P9. Lap 4 same thing. I finished 13th.
This is unbelievable...
I come from Iracing. Asseto corsa , actual sims.
I just got bored of them so I bought a ps4 just for GTS.

What you are describing is normal - GT's collision physics really are that bad.

Back