Car Colours

  • Thread starter Thread starter old_mcgroin
  • 14 comments
  • 1,373 views
Messages
1
I've received a red Mazda 6 MPS car in red. When i go to the Mazda showroom it says that i can't purchase the car but it has a few different colours. Will it become available to be purchased in a different coulour?

(this is also true for different cars i have received)
 
I'm gonna say no. but if you re-win the car you may get it in a different color.
 
Yeah, but if it's not a championship (can't remember which one gave that now) then I don't think there is any way of getting it again (please correct me if I'm wrong someone because this was one of the most annoying things about GT3 - you could only win those cars once)...
 
danpollard
Yeah, but if it's not a championship (can't remember which one gave that now) then I don't think there is any way of getting it again (please correct me if I'm wrong someone because this was one of the most annoying things about GT3 - you could only win those cars once)...

you can delete the records and re-win the league getting the prize car again. so far i think the only car you can't get twice are the license ones and the % completion prizes , in the "congratulations" screen the scrolling text says clearly "you can't get it again" (or something like that, my ps2 speaks italian :) )
 
the_hetfield
you can delete the records and re-win the league getting the prize car again. so far i think the only car you can't get twice are the license ones and the % completion prizes , in the "congratulations" screen the scrolling text says clearly "you can't get it again" (or something like that, my ps2 speaks italian :) )


Really? You can delete race records! Was this always the case and I've just never noticed? Will go and see if I can figure it out now but if you could explain briefly in case I fail that would be great! I wish I'd known this in GT3 so I didn't have to keep golding the IA license to win the Vanquish, then reloading cause I didn't like the colour (lol - I can be picky!).


I did think it was a bit odd that you only got that warning message on the license cars and not the single races...now it all seems clear :D
 
danpollard
I wish I'd known this in GT3 so I didn't have to keep golding the IA license to win the Vanquish, then reloading cause I didn't like the colour (lol - I can be picky!).

Surely you could have just done 10 laps around a track in the British GT c'ship instead? Takes longer I know, but less effort to win a race than trying to gold a license!!
 
danpollard
Really? You can delete race records! Was this always the case and I've just never noticed? Will go and see if I can figure it out now but if you could explain briefly in case I fail that would be great! I wish I'd known this in GT3 so I didn't have to keep golding the IA license to win the Vanquish, then reloading cause I didn't like the colour (lol - I can be picky!).


I did think it was a bit odd that you only got that warning message on the license cars and not the single races...now it all seems clear :D

When you enter a race that you have already won, it will ask you if you want to clear the records. Clearing the records will remove your trophies for that particular series and percentage points for completing them, but you will keep whatever money and car you have already won. This is for single race series only, not championship series......
 
danpollard
Really? You can delete race records! Was this always the case and I've just never noticed? Will go and see if I can figure it out now but if you could explain briefly in case I fail that would be great! I wish I'd known this in GT3 so I didn't have to keep golding the IA license to win the Vanquish, then reloading cause I didn't like the colour (lol - I can be picky!)


Unfortunatly you couldn't do this in GT3, so don't worry about your lost amount of time! :)

..and yeah, like the other guy said: just re-enter the championship where you won the car and you'll be prompted with a question if you would like to clear your records for that championship!
 
jimihemmy
Clearing the records will remove your trophies for that particular series and percentage points for completing them, but you will keep whatever money and car you have already won. This is for single race series only, not championship series......

Really?

I thought it didn't affect your percentage, just the trophies. And does that mean I cant get the cars that I win from championship series again?
 
you can win the cars from a championship over. I lost my garage and got several cars back from championships
 
jimihemmy
When you enter a race that you have already won, it will ask you if you want to clear the records. Clearing the records will remove your trophies for that particular series and percentage points for completing them, but you will keep whatever money and car you have already won. This is for single race series only, not championship series......

Guess I should have tried re-entering the race instead of looking for an icon on the sign-up screens :rolleyes:

RenesisEvo
Surely you could have just done 10 laps around a track in the British GT c'ship instead? Takes longer I know, but less effort to win a race than trying to gold a license!!

If I'd realised by that point!!! Never occured to me that I wouldn't be able to win it again so just saved whichever one I got. I don't have too much trouble golding the licenses so wasn't too bad - it was one on the Complex String chicaning over the mounds near the end - they gave you enough time on that to gold practically every time! Racing for it would have been more fun though...
 
I won a Ford GT in dark blue without a stripe. It isn't available from the dealer except with the stripe. Thought that was neat.
 
Back