car control

  • Thread starter Thread starter thesynergy87
  • 12 comments
  • 882 views
Messages
39
Messages
Cynergy
Ok so im back on GT5 again since my hiatus from gt academy placing 120 in the midwest... im playong around in arcade mode and all is well until i hop in a mercedes sls amg..... wtf is wrong with this car. Looks amazing seriously consider buying some day, but just tried it with my wheel and i cant make a single turn that requires any type of hard brain ng before the turn or the car wipes out and does a 360.... now i want to know if this is normal or if i should drive it a certain way... i have a geman buddy whos cosin has one and my buddy says h'll never buy one because its just a jerky ride. Too much power in a small package. Not a luxury ride, very jerky and hard to control.... that basically explains my experience with it as well lol. Any ideas?
 
Yes: that car is unbelievably heavy. Any action, whether accelerating or braking, has to be done in a straight line. I wouldn't call it jerky, but I have never seen one win a race online.
 
Sad to hear. Beautiful vehicle great stats on paaer, bit man its rough. Thanos for the heads up. I've driven some tough cars and can usually adjusting st my driving technique but this car doesnt seem to care what i do
 
No idea what I just read o.o I thought an effort was required in typing English. Capital letters and punctuation are a bonus too
 
I have this car fully tuned and it handles like a dream.
 
@H0nda: can you post your tune so i can compare to mine plz. My car also misbehaves and i would like to see this cars true potential.
 
Yes: that car is unbelievably heavy. Any action, whether accelerating or braking, has to be done in a straight line. I wouldn't call it jerky, but I have never seen one win a race online.

they are doing well at 24 hr of nurburgring right now
 
I drove this car a lot early on in the game. Mine is part modified and kicking out about 720BHP if I remember right.
I never experienced any handling issues so I suppose it must just suit my driving style. I consider myself an average driver.
I was lapping 7:10s at Nurb Nord with race softs.
 
@H0nda: can you post your tune so i can compare to mine plz. My car also misbehaves and i would like to see this cars true potential.

This is the tune I'm currently using. I tweaked it a tiny bit to fit my racing style, but this setup should fit you. Credit goes to JG's Tune Shop for doing such a great job.

Base Model
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/40

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.646
2nd Gear: 2.461
3rd Gear: 1.805
4th Gear: 1.376
5th Gear: 1.062
6th Gear: 0.870
7th Gear: 0.749

Final Gear: 3.670
Max Speed: 360 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 22
Braking Sensitivity: 12

Suspension
Ride Height: -20/-10
Spring Rate: 10.2/17.3
Dampers (Extension): 4/7
Dampers (Compression): 3/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5

Camber Angle: 3.5/3.1
Toe Angle: -0.15/-0.25

Brakes
Brake Balance: 6/7

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
This. Thing. Is. Beast. 'Nuff said. No seriously, I don't know words to decribe how this drives. Be warey of the hint of understeer it has on high-speed turns. That's all I can think of. Does 6:35 on the 'Ring. So it's fast. Very fast.
 
Cars I can't control for the life of me include the Zonda 7.3 and my dreaded enemy the Mclaren F1. Can spin on straights if there's a slight kink or bend, as for the SLS I have to say getting the power on early results in a lot of swearing. :lol:
 
I enjoyed driving the tune that H0nda put for the SLS. I recommend it.
 
Back