Car Dealer and Prize Cars...?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GT3Nitro
  • 10 comments
  • 748 views
Messages
21
Right, you know when you go to a manufacturer and there's the odd car there that doesn't have a price on it and it says "you must win this car"...

Well, once you've won it, does that make it available for buying from the manufacturer?

Cos if it doesn't, then what's the point putting it in the Car Dealer section - not only is it a tad pointless, but it also spoils the suprise of what cars you can win in competitions, I'd rather that was a suprise.

I'm hoping in GT4 they'll sort that out, and also put a ton more cars in, I was really disappointed to find that the Japanese manufacturers had tons of cars, but the "foreign" manufacturers only had 3 or 4 cars each, and BMW only having 1 car and it was a pants looking.

It'd be great if they had the graphics of GT3 with the variety of GT2 - I'd be real happy then, not that I'm not happy with GT3, just a bit underwhelmed. Hmm.

Ack, I'm ranting now - sorry! But yes, someone please answer my (now insignificant) question. Thanks :D

Joey
 
Nope, you still can't buy the car from the manufacturer even if you've won the car.
 
Even after winning the car, it does not become available for purchase. That would have been a nice thing, but PD missed the boat on it. On the other hand, the Car dealer does not show you all the cars you can win. For instance the Ford GT40 road car, and the R390 road car.

AO
 
One other thing to note, though it's not really on-topic:

People will tell you that prize cars have more horsepower than bought cars. This is only partially true: they have the same maximum horsepower, but bought cars need a 'break-in' period of about 300km before they reach that level. Prize cars come with the full stock hp at zero km.
 
One other-other thing to note and really is on topic:

When you finish certain levels of the game, more cars become available for purchase. Example is the Viper Oreca after Amature league (if I remember correctly) 👍
 
No, even before amateur league, it's purchasable!
 
Well, on the PAL version the Viper Oreca isn't purchasable, the only way to get it is to win the Amateur League.
 
You know what would be neat? They would only show the cars you can afford (or get kind of soon). Say I had 50,000 cr, the game would show all the cars I could get with that much and a few I could get if I did some more racing. But even if I bought a car and got down to 10,000cr It would still show those cars. Just an idea...
 
Nah, i like the idea of knowing the prices of most of the cars, so then you know how much money you have to get to buy say, a JGTC car.
 
Originally posted by Frustrated Palm
You know what would be neat? They would only show the cars you can afford (or get kind of soon). Say I had 50,000 cr, the game would show all the cars I could get with that much and a few I could get if I did some more racing. But even if I bought a car and got down to 10,000cr It would still show those cars. Just an idea...

I know what you mean - in some PC strategy games, that what you just described is called a Fog of War, where you only see what's available to you depending on your progress.

That would be a neat feature, although it would be best if it was optional and you select if you want it at the beginning of your game and you can change it mid game in The Garage or something.

BTW thanks everyone for replying to my post, there's some neat info here that I didn't know before! :D

Joey
 
Yeh, if it was optional i wouldn't mind that. :)
 
Back