Car Delivery

  • Thread starter Thread starter StogyBear
  • 42 comments
  • 9,877 views
I like it.

When I buy a car in GT I like to get it to it's peak performance, that means buying all available upgrades for it. If cars keep getting dumped in my garage I find it hard to keep track of which car has been upgraded, so being able to keep them in the delivery truck is helpful for me.
 
So let me get this right. The point of the car delivery / ticket system is to be able gift cars to friends. Why can't we just gift cars already in our garage at any point in the game?

You can. And when you get gifted a car from a friend it'll show up in the Car Delivery and it's a really pleasant surprise :) the idea of it is good but I'm not sure why they do it for prize cars too.
 
Damn...can't believe all the hate in here.

Personally I love it. I love the used car lot. I thing its bang on. Think about picking up a copy of your local auto ad mag. Your going to come accross small run of the mill cars reguarly but a veyron or a SRT-4 etc are only gonna pop up every now and then......just like the GT5 used ads.

I love the game....my life is now complete.
 
Unless there is something more to it than we know about, I have to agree its pointless.

I keep thinking there must be some reason for it, but I don't know what.
 
You can. And when you get gifted a car from a friend it'll show up in the Car Delivery and it's a really pleasant surprise :) the idea of it is good but I'm not sure why they do it for prize cars too.

I'm assuming they do it for prize cars because not everyone will be able to get Gold on all of the challenges , which means they will miss out on certain prize cars.
 
All in all the car delivery is a nice touch just needs to be quick and loop in all cars at once function. Perhaps like a grand reveal of all the cars you select kinda like the Home screen where the ford and Ferrari and jaguar (?) are displayed. Now that would be awesome
 
I agree about the car delivery, needlessly slow and pointless, what I find more annoying are all the jagged edges with the visuals, particularly bad withthe snow tracks in particular!
 
You can play the whole game and if one time you don't check the used cars section, you might miss the car you want. Pretty dumb I donno why they did this

6 new used cars are added to the top and 6 are also taken away from the bottom everytime you enter a race. I've also been looking for an e46 m3, no luck either. A poster in the "used car rarity" thread said he had a CSL up in his used lot for $99k.

Good luck!
 
I think the delivery may also have to do with installation too. IE: if you don't want the car you don't accept it and the game won't install it.

Unless of course you race vs it.
 
Does anybody know that if we gift a car, we keep a copy? I read somewhere that you keep a copy for yourself, but after all these missing features I wouldn't bet my life on it. Or my cars for that matter.

I think you can share your cars that are in the online tab. But if you give it away its gone until your friend decides to give it back. Also some gliches to mention. A friend of mine gifted me a car and i got an error message so it never showed up in my garage after I downloaded it. So I couldn't give it back. :nervous:
 
I hate having that number there in red lol I am OCD.

I also hate having to watch each one, I wish I could just click "accept delivery"
 
So, if we can gift cars we have already opened/accepted, then WHAT is the point in asking me if I am sure I want to open the ticket/accept delivery?

Am I missing something here?
 
Back