Car divisions: Favorite race groups, plus car reviews - This week: Classic Compact

• Thread starter dylansan
  • 13 comments

What are your favorite car divisions overall?

• Total voters

dylansan

Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GTP_dylansan
MINICOOPER120
FM6's car divisions are nice because they allow you to compare cars directly with their competitors or cars of the same class. It's hard to pick a favorite overall car because choosing between a Grand Prix Legend and a modern hypercar is like apples to oranges. But this way you can compare performance, looks, anything you like and not feel like you're neglecting an entire genre of automobile.

So what are your favorites? I've included a poll for your favorite divisions overall if that suits you. That's apples and oranges but it might be fun anyway. Top three choices accepted.

So far it's too early for me to pick favorite cars. I have tried the Celica and Fulvia in Classic Compact and loved them both. The Fulvia has a unique shape that I love and is very fun to paint as well, but without trying the rest I obviously can't pick. I'm looking forward to trying the new '67 Volvo however.

I can at least say with confidence that my favorite Modern Grand Prix car so far is the E23, despite the fact that I haven't driven it yet. :D

Those of you who've had a chance to try a variety of cars, share your experiences. It might help some, including me, in making choices during the career.

There's been a few people participating in the poll so far, which is great. However, I was looking for a little more from this thread. I'm wary of turning it into one of those threads where everyone makes lists of their favorites, as those tend to be the ones I glance over and learn nothing from. I'd prefer a little more discussion.

There are at least two popular car review threads in the GT6 section at the moment. I think having something like that here would be perfect. So I'd like to suggest turning this into a place to post reviews or notes about any cars you think are interesting. And although any reviews are welcome, I recommend starting off with cars in the Classic Compact division, so we're all on the same page, at least at the beginning. I'm working on taking some notes this weekend to post about. I'd like to see what others can come up with.

If you want an idea of what I'm thinking of, have a look at the Beater or Sleeper and Forgotten Cars threads in the GT6 section. Also take a look at a favorite of mine, @Parnelli Bone's Car Reviews from the GT4 days, with some in depth discussion of lots of cars.

The game still feels pretty new to me, I've only scratched the surface so I can't really tell. I did vote for grand prix legends and historic sports cars but yeah I don't have a favorite yet.

There are cars I'd love to like but they are just beyond my capabilities, I can drive them around but have to be tip toeing around the track.

I don't think I'm anyone to be writing a review of a car but I can say however that I haven't had as much fun with a car than with the Mercedes W154. It's incredibly fun, I can't drift for :censored:t but with this car I was able to do so. It tells you pretty early if it's about to break the rear end and correcting feels very natural and intuitive. Everything just feels right about that car (only tried it in stock version).

I am very pleased with the V8 Supercars. I usually find how they drive is unplayable when I played cars with a similar style in GT6 but it feels so genuine for the V8 Supercars in FM6 and is quite a blast to try to take down these Powerful Machine.

I've taken delivery of each CC from the 131 to the Volvo. Each one has character. Great driver's cars.

This is a very tough poll question! I wish we could choose 6. I love endurance prototypes in any game, I wish they would add more c class cars (Sauber please). I chose endurance prototypes, modern GT, and exotic GT. I was on the fence with early GT. i do like can-am as well, mainly because the Nissan R382 is one bad machine. I like the Chaparral too, but I drive with close chase cam, and that huge wing messes with my view of the track. There's so many great cars, way more good cars then bad. 2014 Maserati Trofeo is an absolute joy. Great topic! :)

Last edited:
Only got Forza 6 today so haven't had much time to drive all the car types but love the Endurance Proto's and the Modern GT's so voted for those two.

This X1/9 has been scrapping with my silver Dime all afternoon.
GetPhoto.ashx

I've only had it a couple of days so can't give a complete answer and this could be Australian bias coming through, but the V8 Supercars series was amazing. Great racing and the cars are just as much fun as I'd hoped

This sounds fun! Even though the way I play F6 and do my reviews wont really help people with online dominance, I still want to put my thought out about the cars.

Hard to pick ONE specific division... But Can Am cars stole my heart. I had such fun driving the Lola T163 in the career races.

GP Legends are a close second, followed by 70s GP cars and Early GT. But with Forza's variety of cars and incredible handling model, racing in any division is as exciting as it gets.

I still feel Classic Compact is the best series. Set to Unbeatable, the AI race every lap. They give room in corners, allow me to tailgate so I can keep momentum. The field is so diverse with the avatar liveries and each make of car is represented. From 2-50laps, it's the best series for racing offline.

Back