Car for Scharzwald League: German 700pp

• Thread starter MagnusVBK
  • 10 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Car for Scharzwald League: German 700pp

I have the BMW M3 ´07, currently at 628pp. How much more points can be added to that one, what is "max"?

I have Mercedes-AMG GT Safety Car, 588pp untuned.

I have Porsche 911 GT3 (996) '01, 649 quite heavily tuned.

Could I continue on any of those?

Else, what German car would be best to buy and tune for these races?

If you had success with the 996 GT3 you tuned, I would repurpose the car for this league. I wouldn't go out of your way to tune another car (or buy another one). I did the same with the 997 GT3 I have.

If you had success with the 996 GT3 you tuned, I would repurpose the car for this league. I wouldn't go out of your way to tune another car (or buy another one). I did the same with the 997 GT3 I have.
Thank you for your comment!

I was wondering if this level of car potentially is one that you would be using for credits grinding racing in the future. And then making a careful choice?

Thank you for your comment!

I was wondering if this level of car potentially is one that you would be using for credits grinding racing in the future. And then making a careful choice?
You're welcome. I would say yes. I'm sure others have done it.

For example, I would take your GT3 and slap on a set of racing hards (and the fully manual or racing sequential transmission if you haven't installed it already), and do a time trial around LeMans. Use the top speed adjustment feature so you'll get at or very close to redline before the first chicane.

If you're able to do a lap time of under 4m19s, then you'll be able to compete in the WTC 700pp race there for credit grinding.

For example, I would take your GT3 and slap on a set of racing hards (and the fully manual or racing sequential transmission if you haven't installed it already), and do a time trial around LeMans. Use the top speed adjustment feature so you'll get at or very close to redline before the first chicane.

If you're able to do a lap time of under 4m19s, then you'll be able to compete in the WTC 700pp race there for credit grinding.
Thank you for your tip!

I added another weight reduction and an engine part and reached 700.

Would probably work ok in these races.

For grinding for the future. Will think about that later.

The cars I have been successful in for this race are:

Porsche Carrera GT '04 700PP
Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) '16 700PP
AMG Mercedes-AMG GT R '17 700PP
Porsche Taycan Turbo Turbo S '19 (700PP)
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 650PP - Even at this PP it is a great car.

All these cars make this event great fun.
I want to try your Taycan tune. I did mine pretty early on, so I know it is not great. I put RH tires on it and reduced the power with the ECU. I need to test more, because it did not feel like I lost power at ECU 80 - it seemed like I had all the torque I could need, and more. If the power is not bugged, your tune must be insane at full power.

In any case for the OP, the Taycan is a fun option for the Scharzwald League. The Taycan can only do around 2 laps in the WTC 700 races when fuel consumption is on, so it is not practical there. You get the electric car trophy and get to have lots of fun with the monster torque for the Scharzwald races. It's a blast!

Back