Car genres: Hot Hatch, Roadster, etc.

  • Thread starter Thread starter chevguy
  • 8 comments
  • 2,676 views
Messages
117
I've noticed that there are a number of races that allow only special genres of cars such as the Hot Hatch Race, the Roadster race, S. Ligas, etc. Unfortunately, GT4 doesn't seem to be quite as clear as GT3 was on what is an acceptable car. They list 4 or 5 and then say etc. So is there a way to find out what is classified as a Roadster, a Hot Hatch, and the other "Genre" races. I've searched and can't find anything except the VW GTi and the Ford RS.
 
The best part of those races is the cars it doesn't let you enter with are the ones you are competing against. :rant:
 
See what's in common between those 4 or 5 and buy 1 that has these characteristics.
i.e. For the Hot Hatch you see that those cars are cars that are sport versions of relatively cheap road cars. So, for example an audi A3, or a S3 can also participate.
The only exception is about roadsters. In this game you can only use the ****** mx5
 
There is also another way. buy a car that is listed. Participate. See the car that finish first and then buy the same
 
tubago
There is also another way. buy a car that is listed. Participate. See the car that finish first and then buy the same

I'm not looking to necessarily own the competition. I'm just trying to find out if I can use "x" car in the race without buying it first.
 
r0gu3
The best part of those races is the cars it doesn't let you enter with are the ones you are competing against. :rant:

Like the Cadillac Cien. I loved that part but i smoked him
 
chevguy
I'm not looking to necessarily own the competition. I'm just trying to find out if I can use "x" car in the race without buying it first.
See my post above
 
tubago
See my post above

You're a posting machine. 50% of the posts in this thread belong to you!


Try using the EDIT button. 💡

Also, there is no complete list. But keep in mind that some cars like the RS are European even though they are made by Ford, an American company.
 
you could always check the wiki race database for GT4, as I have been doing a lot of work on it. It details the cars allowed (if applicable) it lists the most likely cars that you will be racing against plus the winning position credit amounts and the champioship credit amounts for each race. Including the winning car.
 
Back