Car groupings nerfed - Servers offline

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Anybody notice sometime around 10pm central last night all the AI cars online seemed to become one of only about 2 types? I'd drive for miles and every car was the same only different colors. This morning more of the same. Anyone notice this?

Now the servers have been offline for almost 4hrs.

I am VERY new to this game so please don't flame me if this is a stupid post but it just seems like a it must be a pretty big issue that they've been down for so long doesn't it? I just hope my last save worked ok since I was only about $10k away from buying a house. I was $70k away last night.

Anybody notice sometime around 10pm central last night all the AI cars online seemed to become one of only about 2 types? I'd drive for miles and every car was the same only different colors. This morning more of the same. Anyone notice this?

That happens all the time. Not unusual at all.

That happens all the time. Not unusual at all.
Really? Wow I thought I had read somewhere that they patched code or something to stop it from happening all the time like GTA4.

Meh fair enough. Made it tough to find a good car to steal and sell though lol. And by tough, I mean impossible.

Servers (at least RSC site, presumably online play as well) are still down. Is this also normal?
Rockstar is doing server maintenance and they quoted that it was to last about 7 hours. The maintenance is normal. The time frame, however, is not

Yeah servers are back up, I kept my $, got my house, everything is good except the cars still all being basically the same. Maybe I just didn't notice it before or something.

I don't remember what its called but does that 3rd generation camaro/firebird looking car ever spawn online?

Edit: Imponte Ruiner

Now the servers have been offline for almost 4hrs.

I am VERY new to this game so please don't flame me if this is a stupid post but it just seems like a it must be a pretty big issue that they've been down for so long doesn't it? I just hope my last save worked ok since I was only about $10k away from buying a house. I was $70k away last night.

Rockstar Social Club was reporting at the webpage, possibly related? And 70k is a couple of Survivals, go solo the Boneyard a couple of times for practice :D

Yeah servers are back up, I kept my $, got my house, everything is good except the cars still all being basically the same. Maybe I just didn't notice it before or something.

I don't remember what its called but does that 3rd generation camaro/firebird looking car ever spawn online?

Edit: Imponte Ruiner
It does spawn online.

And 70k is a couple of Survivals, go solo the Boneyard a couple of times for practice :D

More like 3 full 30 minute survivals plus another 10k. Regular missions still pay out way more for the same amount of time and are easier to do solo.

More like 3 full 30 minute survivals plus another 10k. Regular missions still pay out way more for the same amount of time and are easier to do solo.

No, not really. Boneyard is 30000 a pop and you can do it all with the AP pistol (unless you want to waste money on explosives), you can pick up a couple of grand during each one too... so you're only a few short with 64,000.

And Boneyard is (imo) easier solo because of the spawn distribution...if you stand behind the portakabin it's easy and quick :)

No, not really. Boneyard is 30000 a pop and you can do it all with the AP pistol (unless you want to waste money on explosives), you can pick up a couple of grand during each one too... so you're only a few short with 64,000.

And Boneyard is (imo) easier solo because of the spawn distribution...if you stand behind the portakabin it's easy and quick :)
10 waves with cutscene sections inbetween for any survival will still take best part of half hour even if done quickly, and you'd still need to do it at least twice. So it would still take over an hour. Providing you don't die, then have to start again.
Or you can do 4 or 5 18-20k solo missions, many of which can be done in 5 minutes.

One hour for 64k doing survivals?
or half hour for 70k+ doing solo missions?

I know which way I'd choose.

10 waves with cutscene sections inbetween for any survival will still take best part of half hour even if done quickly, and you'd still need to do it at least twice. So it would still take over an hour. Providing you don't die, then have to start again.
Or you can do 4 or 5 18-20k solo missions, many of which can be done in 5 minutes.

One hour for 64k doing survivals?
or half hour for 70k+ doing solo missions?

I know which way I'd choose.

Fair do's, I just chose the Survival because you're extremely unlikely to die unless the cover is baulked. I survive less often in missions when solo :). I stand by the Survivals being 30,000 each rather than 20,000 :)

Fair do's, I just chose the Survival because you're extremely unlikely to die unless the cover is baulked. I survive less often in missions when solo :). I stand by the Survivals being 30,000 each rather than 20,000 :)
No worries. Gamers all have different play-styles.
I can solo 98% of the missions easily on hard without dying, but I've only managed to solo and complete one of the survival challenges. Not a big fan of the CoD type, so deathmatches and survivals are not my forté.

No worries. Gamers all have different play-styles.
I can solo 98% of the missions easily on hard without dying, but I've only managed to solo and complete one of the survival challenges. Not a big fan of the CoD type, so deathmatches and survivals are not my forté.

Interesting, I should add that Boneyard and Processing are the only two I can solo. I just made myself sound better, y'know :D

Heh, coincidentally the Ruier spawned for me in a pack of about 10 this afternoon so I was able to scoop one up (now I just need a non T-top version). Had to take a quick pic of the new ride in front of the new crib...

0_0 (25).jpg

And I can't really do much more than the races because I absolutely SUCK at fps type stuff.

Mainly I've found the Sandking Golf to be my favorite so far even if it doesn't pay that much.

Back