Car History Menus?

  • Thread starter Thread starter evolutionmb
  • 16 comments
  • 1,203 views
Messages
52
Does anybody know if GT4 is going to have a similar car menu like GT2 had when you select a new or used car? IMO that was the greatest feature in that game, as a true gearhead had some important info. on the origin of each model of a specific car. GT3 stunk in that sense, where you only got to select make and color, without some historical background. I hate how Sega GT 2002 tried to replace that feature with the scrolling information, as it went too fast and provided little information. Thanks for respnding!
 
Actually, there was the scrolling text on the car screen that gave info on the car. It was pretty tedious to watch though.
 
The "history" and other information about the cars only shows up in Simulation mode. And the only thing we've seen so far, in demos and such, is Arcade mode.

I do hope they go back to the single-page of info, rather than the scrolling text.. I didn't much like that.
 
evolutionmb
as a true gearhead had some important info. on the origin of each model of a specific car. GT3 stunk in that sense, where you only got to select make and color, without some historical background.

That was a great feature. I liked the description on Subaru 360. I think it went like, how 360 was "a perfect name for a car that's vulnerable to spinning, due to it's rear engine configuration" or something like that.
 
Jedi2016
rather than the scrolling text.. I didn't much like that.


Nobody liked that.
 
Jedi2016
I do hope they go back to the single-page of info, rather than the scrolling text.. I didn't much like that.

Its only good for slow readers. The scrolling text that is.
 
Yeah... that drove me nuts... so slow...

Pages would be nice, and it is cool to learn about the car and what not.
 
It's been so long since I played early GT and I forget so if I am being dumb please forgive me.....

I liked the used car feature, but it would also be great if certain used cars showed up only once in a while (and even just one day and you had to make sure you have enough money set aside to be able to purchase it then. )Lets say like a car that is about four years old shows up for sale because someone traded it in. Maybe a car could even go up in value if it's collectable enough.
 
I agree about the used cars, it'd be nice if it accurately reflected the market. (To as much degree as possible)

What I'd really like to see occurred to me earlier. It's stupid that every trim level of a car counts as a seperate car. When buying a car, it'd be nice if you would select the model, then trim level, then color, etc.

Also, I think only NEW cars should be available from the dealer. The rest should be only available as used. (although maybe the dealers would sell used and " certified pre-owned" models of their own cars. (And any trade-ins)

Certifed Pre-Owned would actually be a cool idea. Kazunori has already stated that used cars will come with some parts already worn, sometimes even needing replacement. With a CPO, the car would cost more than a normal used one, but would have better condition parts.
 
l4mbr3tt4
It's been so long since I played early GT and I forget so if I am being dumb please forgive me.....

I liked the used car feature, but it would also be great if certain used cars showed up only once in a while (and even just one day and you had to make sure you have enough money set aside to be able to purchase it then. )Lets say like a car that is about four years old shows up for sale because someone traded it in. Maybe a car could even go up in value if it's collectable enough.

I want to say they did that in GT2.. where if you went into a Used Car section later in the game (say, 50%+), the car selection would be different than what was there before. Most would be the same, I think, but there'd be a few missing, and a few new ones. I could be mistaken, though, it's been forever since I really played GT2 (except for occasionally taking my Vector for a spin on Red Rock).
 
Jedi2016
I want to say they did that in GT2.. where if you went into a Used Car section later in the game (say, 50%+), the car selection would be different than what was there before. Most would be the same, I think, but there'd be a few missing, and a few new ones. I could be mistaken, though, it's been forever since I really played GT2 (except for occasionally taking my Vector for a spin on Red Rock).

You are right. I remember having to search later in the game to find certain used cars that were hard to find. I think, I was looking for 240Zs and Toyota 2000GTs.
 
in fact the list of used cars changed many times during the game in gt2...
 
i remember certain cars only comes out during a certain day range
 
I have an idea
those Vintage cars should be sold in auction style
it makes you feel like .... "sometimes money can't buy"
but its kinda stupid, isn't it?
 
franz
I have an idea
those Vintage cars should be sold in auction style
it makes you feel like .... "sometimes money can't buy"
but its kinda stupid, isn't it?

Yeah but only when GT4 online comes out so they can be ebay auctions! :D
 
GRAN TURISMO 3: too fast for me to read
SEGA GT 2002: too slow, the replay ends before I can read it all, and I have to start the replay again to reread it

I agree that the scrolling text wasn't as good as the information page. However, I believe that they should get a larger text size. I could barely read those pages. Plus, it had too much information to read on one page. I do like the picture of the car on the info page, though.

In terms of the ways to purchase the cars, I have my own format.

LINEUP: 2000-present
USED: 1980-99
CLASSIC: 1970-earlier

Also, no two cars that are exactly alike can be sold for different prices. I was confused by that in GT2. Two '92 Supras, exactly the same, had different prices.

You could also have two ways of selling your car: used cars or auction. If you have a suped-up street rod or a rare exotic or classic, you could go for the auction. Otherwise, go for the used car market. This was inspired by Barrett-Jackson.
 
The car histories were freakin' awesome.

The used car roster rotated every 10 days in the game. I know because I checked every 10 for over 4000 days looking for cars and colors I hadn't seen before.
 
Back