Car landing problems?

Canada
In his bedroom.
I don't know if anyone's had that, but some cars seem quasi-impossible to jump without crashing when you land.:odd:

For example, I take the Bentley Bentayga from this month's DLC and the nose will dive first into the floor where I end up rolling over even when I jump it in a straight, clean line.:embarrassed:

I use AWD on all cars, as a pointer. This might be a clue.💡

This and Offroad buggies, Almost anytime I jump them from somewhere high I'll end up landing wrong and rolling like a boulder very often.:ouch:

Can anyone please tell me how to minimize this, please?:D

Note: I'm not trying to complain, I'd just like some help, please ;)

Lift the throttle before taking jumps, and until you've landed. It's not guaranteed to work 100% of the times (some jumps you'd be better to avoid altogether) but it will greatly reduce the buggies tendency to act like lawn darts.

Some jumps will greatly upset your car regardless. And nose- or tail-heavy cars are even more affected. You don't know what it means to be afraid of your landing in Horizon 3 until you tried to build a rally Chevelle. :lol:

I usually just slam on the brakes just before big jumps, and don't get on the throttle til I'm back on the ground again. Doing this I'm even able to run the Rainforest Circuit (A Yarra Valley event that is fully off road and has an insane jump near the start) almost flawlessly in a 1500HP S2 Lamborghini Aventador, where Drivatars constantly crash and roll.

I don't know if anyone's had that, but some cars seem quasi-impossible to jump without crashing when you land.:odd:

For example, I take the Bentley Bentayga from this month's DLC and the nose will dive first into the floor where I end up rolling over even when I jump it in a straight, clean line.:embarrassed:

I use AWD on all cars, as a pointer. This might be a clue.💡

This and Offroad buggies, Almost anytime I jump them from somewhere high I'll end up landing wrong and rolling like a boulder very often.:ouch:

Can anyone please tell me how to minimize this, please?:D

Note: I'm not trying to complain, I'd just like some help, please ;)
Some tips from a pretty experienced FH3 offroad racer:
1) Make sure you're pointed dead straight heading up the ramp. Any forces that are acting on your car when you hit the jump are multiplied the moment you hit the transition from flat to the ramp, so if your rear end is out even a little, you're probably in for a wild ride.

2) You can use the throttle and brake to minutely adjust the length of your jump in the air - brake to jump shorter, accelerate to jump longer. Some cars don't like the hard landings that come with shorter jumps, so use the gas to stretch out the landing. Or, if there's a landing ramp and you're afraid you're going to overshoot it, brake a little and try to land on it. That'll help you achieve the smoothest landing possible.
2b) Of course, some cars will respond to gassing and braking in midair in different ways - nose-heavy cars will nosedive if your brake in midair too much, and rear-heavy cars, or cars with too much rear downforce, will land rear-first if you use too much throttle. Since you want to land with all four (or three, if you're jumping a Reliant :P) wheels at the same time, you'll have to tailor your driving style a bit for these cars. Except for the buggies, rally cars and other offroad racers typically aren't susceptible to this.

3) Don't steer in midair, or steer even upon landing. Wait until your suspension decompresses to ensure the effects of steering aren't multiplied to the point that the car spins. This is the cause of 99% of my crashes while offroading in FH3.

Last edited:
Back