Car List, Your opinoins?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChadSpeed
  • 10 comments
  • 1,144 views
Messages
668
Messages
ChadSpeed
Messages
xBSxChadSpeed
So far being an American and playing many other racing games im a bit disappointed. 1000 cars is great, but I may only actually enjoy using about 200, and I can't even pick the ones I want to buy when I want to buy them because I have to wait for them to appear in the used car area. I don't who told PD it would really be cool to just randomly decide that some cars are premium like that ugly little Japanese delivery trike/truck being premium, but the 350Z GT4 edition being standard, and there fore having no option to change wheels, dumb 100%.

Of course GT 5 is missing many new cars that are not Japanese, like the new Ford Mustang GT 5.0, last gen or newer version of GT500, ect. Someone please tell me why PD still doesn't know of the existence of the Dodge Ram SRT10 truck and continues to use a farm truck Dodge Ram crew cab Laramie 4x4 instead. Oh hell who am I kidding these are the same issues I had with GT4s car list, we can always hope for DLC, knowing no one is going to pay for those little throw away Japanese RC cars.

Alright feel free to vent guys, and no Aston Martin DBS.... sorry gotta stop whining,:yuck:
 
I could not belive that the used card were randomly selected. Its crazy.
90% of the cars should be able to be bought at any time, and the rest should be prizes.
 
where is the caterham fireblade? i cant find it anywhere and i cant wait to have a go in it?
 
The list of cars in any racing game is always going to be from perfect. But still if you can enjoy 200 diferent cars thats alot more than in other racing games.

And the used car area thing is to give you a sense of a working market. The problem is that the list should be far bigger than the one available.
 
It sounds like you're saying that it would be better if, instead of PD's somewhat narrow-minded selection of cars, we had your somewhat narrow-minded selection of cars.

I'd say that if you're likely to enjoy 200 of the cars then that's fine - I doubt PD were expecting that most people would care about many more than that, and certainly not to be interested in all 800 or so. However what's important to them as producers, but not to us as purchasers, is that your 200 are unlikely to be the same as my 200 or the next guy's.

We'd all like the list to be different, but surely no-one who'd played previous GT games would have actually expected it to be.
 
where is the caterham fireblade? i cant find it anywhere and i cant wait to have a go in it?
It's not in the game.
 
It sounds like you're saying that it would be better if, instead of PD's somewhat narrow-minded selection of cars, we had your somewhat narrow-minded selection of cars.

I'd say that if you're likely to enjoy 200 of the cars then that's fine - I doubt PD were expecting that most people would care about many more than that, and certainly not to be interested in all 800 or so. However what's important to them as producers, but not to us as purchasers, is that your 200 are unlikely to be the same as my 200 or the next guy's.

We'd all like the list to be different, but surely no-one who'd played previous GT games would have actually expected it to be.

Great points, well done:tup:. I still can be sure there are not many people who are enthusiastic about racing a old dodge farm truck, or that little delivery truck from Japan, i guess I just assume there are so many un fun cars out of that 1000, that even if you just dropped 50 for like official fan favorite 50 that get voted on in polls for month, many more enthusiast cars would get in the game.💡
 
I think it is largely a case of availability. PD are based in Japan. There are a lot of Japanese cars in Japan.

I would not be surprised if they get better support from Japanese manufacturers happy to share accurate plans and technical specifications with a 'local' game company than they do from US or European manufacturers, hence why there are a lot of Japanese cars in the game including a lot that are probably of significant cultural or historical interest to the Japanese even if to us they are just another low powered box on wheels.

If they can't get hold of a car to use for modelling, or if the manufacturer doesn't agree to provide accurate drawings/pictures then they are fairly limited in what they can produce - especially if you're wanting premiums which have to be inspected and modelled in intricate detail.

Then of course there's licensing and permission. I'm no lawyer but I doubt PD could just model a car and include it without permission of the copyright holder. And it wouldn't surprise me if the manufacturers wanted a share of the profits for featuring their cars in exchange for providing the plans needed to model them.

Steve.

It's not in the game.

It's #99 in the official car list from gran-turismo.com.

http://eu.gran-turismo.com/local/gb/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html

I'm guessing it'll be a prize car.

Steve.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
where is the caterham fireblade? i cant find it anywhere and i cant wait to have a go in it?

I saw it comming by yesterday that must have been around day 20 to 23. It was quit pricy if I am correct +100K.

Just read Daan's post that hè mentioned it is not in. I must have seen a super7 then.
 
Hey guys. I need some clarification, I have very little cars in the dealership, something like 10 toyotas... Why is there no jza70 supra's(or whatever) and so on, I have one Acura in the dealership, is this the same with everyone else??
 
Back