Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Many DLCs Released

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten
Yes, this needs updating. Yes, I'll do it at some point.

100_mid9.jpg

Steam page

PC release date: July 28, 2017
PS4 release date: TBA
XB1 release date: TBA

- new repair system (smarter way to repair parts)
- parts warehouse (you can store your parts in warehouse now)
- sheds (Barn Find module)
- separated tires and rims (you can place any tire and rim you want)
- new working shock absorber tool
- new working battery charger
- new working wheel balancer and changer
- race track (next to test track, there is a race track with timer)
- new physics system (much more complex)
- car liveries (you can apply liveries to your car)
- redone paint system (you can paint each part separately, choose paint type: matt, metallic, pearl)
- modding support from day 1 (place your own cars in game)
- customizable license plates (with modding support)
- customizable game music (with user music)
- engine crane (tired of lifting your car up and down to disassemble engine)
- creating new engines on crane (starting from scratch)
- leveling system (XP with upgrades)
- new cars salon (you can buy brand new cars)
- liquids in car
- story orders (pregenerated like in CMS 2014) next to generated orders (like in CMS 2015)
- all new UI and easier controls (with rebind)
- pad support
... and many more

Total car count: 48

Bolt Atlanta (Chevrolet El Camino)
Bolt Cape (6th generation Chevrolet Bel Air)
Bolt Chapman (Oldsmobile Cutlass)
Bolt Hellcat (Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 (or, if you want, the Sabre Turbo from GTA))
Bolt Reptilia (Corvette C3 Convertible)
Bolt Reptilia R2 (Corvette C4)
Bolt Rollett (2nd generation Camaro)
Bolthorn Grand Mojave (Jeep Grand Cherokee)
Castor Avalanche (Range Rover Evoque Coupe)
Castor Earthquake (Ford F-150)
Castor Earthquake Rex (Ford F-150 SVT Raptor)
Chieftain Bandit (Pontiac Firebird Trans Am)
Chieftain TBX (2nd generation Pontiac GTO)
DC Typhoon (AC Ace/Shelby Cobra)
Delray Custom (2nd generation Chevrolet Bel Air)
Delray Imperator (4th generation Dodge Challenger)
Echos Cobra (3rd generation Dodge Viper)
Elenti Callope (2nd generation Renault Clio V6)
Emden Lotz (VW Golf VII)
FMW Panther (BMW E46)
FMW Roadster (BMW Z4)
Katagiri Katsumoto (5th generation Honda Civic)
Luxor Bowen (3rd generation Cadillac DeVille)
Mayen M3 (3rd generation Audi A3 Sedan)
Mayen M6 (3rd generation Audi A6 Avant)
Mayen M8 (2nd generation Audi A8)
Mioveni Urs (Good News! The Dacia Sandero has made it into the 2018 game as well!)
Olsen Grand Club (Mercedes-Benz)
Rino Piccolo (2nd generation Fiat Panda aka the Fondlemobile)
Royale Bianco (3rd generation Fiat Punto)
Royale Crown (4th generation Ford Mondeo)
Royale GTR (Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG)
Sakura GT20 (Toyota 2000GT)
Sakura Moon (4th generation Mitsubishi Eclipse)
Salem Flamo (Ford Pinto)
Salem Kieran (Ford Sierra Facelift)
Salem Spectre (5th generation Ford Mustang)
Salem Spectre Fastback (1st generation Ford Mustang)
Smith 1500 (2nd generation Ford F-Series)
Tempest Magnum (1st generation Dodge Charger)
Dodge Challenger (1st generation)
Dodge Charger (1st generation)
Mazda RX-3
Mazda RX-7
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Jeep Willys Military
Jeep Willys Civillian
Jeep Wrangler

Gameplay by landy kid (yeah, can't say I've heard of them either):

Last edited:
..so we can basically add Mini (or a Mini lookalike) to the ever-increasingly-long list of cars we'll get to tear apart and put back together again:

18486359_1577299429009219_2400937291029970034_n.jpg

Modern family hatchbacks, saloons, estates, some pickups, at least one SUV (assuming, once again, everything in CMS15 is carried over), a whole heap of classic american cars, modern and classic japanese cars, performance-, sports-, super- and hypercars from pretty much all eras, with some icons sprinkled all over the previously mentioned groups..

..if you can't find your automotive subgenre in the above list, it either doesn't exist or involves 1980s hot hatches, in which case I will agree that needs fixing (although there's apparently a not-Clio V6, so that makes up for it a little)

So glad this is getting a console release, since there's no way in hell my old laptop would be able to run it.

I seriously doubt it'll be 10 bucks.

..yeah, don't count on that. They say it'll be around 30$ with a 10% discount if you buy it soon after release.

I'd still say that's a fair price. It might not have the hours of a big AAA game like GTA V and there'll never be a game with a better bang/buck ratio than Blood Dragon, but if what they've said about the game turns out to be true and you're that special kind of person who finds ripping cars apart and building them back up from the ground entertaining, this is not too shabby at all.

..yeah, don't count on that. They say it'll be around 30$ with a 10% discount if you buy it soon after release.

I'd still say that's a fair price. It might not have the hours of a big AAA game like GTA V and there'll never be a game with a better bang/buck ratio than Blood Dragon, but if what they've said about the game turns out to be true and you're that special kind of person who finds ripping cars apart and building them back up from the ground entertaining, this is not too shabby at all.
Considering it's the only game I own on Steam that I've downloaded, and I have over 150 hours, I believe that would be me. $30 US would still be very reasonable, especially if they have improved almost everything already there and added what you've mentioned.

Sounds like a pretty little timewaster of a game for when you just want to kick back. Curious about this one as I did some work experience as a mechanic a while back.

Sounds like a pretty little timewaster of a game for when you just want to kick back. Curious about this one as I did some work experience as a mechanic a while back.
If you expect absolute realism you may be disappointed as 2015 had a lot of generic parts that could be swapped from one car to another almost completely different.

Yeah, it might not be 100% accurate in terms of each car having parts that fit on only that one specific car, but then again, this isn't Peugeot Mechanic Simulator. What an oddly specific niche that would cater to.

This isn't the PCARS or AC of building cars. It's more of a GT/FM kind of deal - close enough to be a great waster of time but not quite hardcore enough to (potentially) be frustrating.

Anyone who's been following PlayWay on Facebook for some time will know they regularly do a "which-cars-from-this-manufacturer-would-you-rather-work-on". Most, if not all, of these have ended up in the confirmed manufacturer list.

Here's the latest one.

..do we really have to choose? I mean, 7's a given, I'd quite fancy a 3 myself (partly for livery editor purposes ;) ), but..

They should do a list of cars we don't want to work on. I'll start:

Anything French.

Anything French.

/list.

'cept the A110. And the not-Clio V6. And Venturi. And isn't-really-that-French-anymore Bugatti (mostly the classics. And the EB110. Because 90s supercar). Perhaps a Delahaye or two.

Man, France can actually do a whole lot better than the 🤬 they're famous for if they really want to.

If they ever introduce electrical repairs, anything British or Italian would have to be represented heavily.

Never worked on anything French, I have worked on a few Fords that were a nightmare for someone like myself with fat hands. How bad can they be?

So it's been another couple of days with just some short not-too-interesting videos with regards to CMS, but now they're back at it again with.. hmm.. uhh.. yay, I guess?

One's pretty much sure to make it, one would be good just to expand that vehicle class, the rest are just meh.

Also, in case you missed it, results from the Land Rovers:

18581524_1582970075108821_7948914386413048824_n.jpg

It's been a while since we've seen a brand new car actually in the game, but here's one: it's a BMW Z4/Mercedes SLK hybrid.

Edit: Because PlayWay's hit 140k followers, time for a game of I Spy:

18738493_1591633530909142_9023474436349680339_o.jpg

I spy a red Hellcat (or the totally-not-the-Sabre-from-GTA), a turquoise-ish Spectre (not-Mustang), black Reptilia (not-Corvette-C3-Convertible), a brown possibly-Firebird, what looks like a dark blue, a lighter blue and two green Hellcats and the not-Z4.

Edit 2: More new cars on 31-05: a not-Corvette-C4.

Last edited:
Double post because I feel it's been a significant enough gap in time:

18879848_1594815537257608_8251224589850597451_o.jpg

The above garage shot from another angle showing that at least one of the cars is the not-El-Camino.

18836715_1595507917188370_6317244843589814520_o.jpg

Welp, the not-Charger's either been licensed or got a licensed counterpart now.

So it's actually on Steam now and will, according to previous comments from the publisher, be available on PC in July with consoles coming later this year.

We can also add at least the '67 Mustang, '70 Chevelle, W111 Mercedes 220SE, '60 Corvette and '47 Ford F-150 to the list of confirmed vehicles.

I'll also just say that I cannot unsee that they've changed the Cuda to being orange with two black stripes running across the car. Except for it being the wrong car it's giving me extreme amounts of Driver: San Francisco flashbacks and I approve of that.

Edit: according to this, it's set for release as early as next Friday, in which case, holy 🤬 the amount of content coming out these weeks.

Last edited:
..aaaaand here's another or those "which-would-you-rather" thingies, but it's back to being difficult to pick just three:

18922016_1603660013039827_4028688929262196816_n.jpg

linky

If there's any of them I'd say to exclude, I'd probably go with the E46. All the others either have more significant historical value or is just that bit more classy.

PSA for anyone who might be interested in this but isn't convinced yet or doesn't have previous experience with these games, fret not, for Lord Gaben and disciples, the Steam Sales, has answered your prayers:

Until July 5 only:

Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 (including all DLC content) is available for literally the change from last time you bought something. Can't say I have any experience with this at all, but at *that* price..

Or get the newer, probably-more-representative-of-2018 CMS 2015, the base spec of which is only 2,99€ or your regional equivalent. Which is even sweeter if you plan on getting 2018 on PC, as, assuming it'll release at 30€, would be exactly 0,01€ less than the discount you'll be given for owning it when buying 2018. It's essentially a buy-one-get-two kind of deal.

So the game is (finally) set to release in 7 or 8 hours time, and there have been review codes given out to some YouTubers, so gameplay has already started rolling in.

More importantly, the one guy whose video I've embedded into the OP actually shows the *entire* car list (which is quite impressive) as it will be on release, so I've taken the effort to put that into text form, separate them into their respective DLC packs and include what real life resemblances I could find. You're welcome to either check through their video or see in game yourself when time comes, and if you know something I don't, "holla" at me.

This is going to be worth the weeks extra wait.

About two weeks ago I suddenly remembered this was a thing, so I looked it up and saw it was due out the following week and got so unreasonably excited - CMS15 was great but after I'd restored a 2000GT I felt like I'd seen everything the game had to offer. I'm so glad it's really finally out today, I'll be buying it ASAP.

...aaaaaand it's out.

R.I.P. whatever I had planned for the next few hours.

I've played about 3 hours so far, it's buggier than a 3D Fallout game but in spite of that I am enjoying it (I'm being careful with my saves, though - saving only when I've finished a job and emptied my inventory!).

I don't really understand how the skill points work, until just now I was able to move to the next column along with each point I earned but then it stopped me from being able to unlock the electronic meter so I had to spend another point in the column to the left of that, if that makes sense?

Back