Car Mechanic Simulator Arrives on Consoles on June 25

It sounds like a fun concept, but the car models look two generations old.

No doubt that my older brother would love this game knowing that he's a gear head. I seen some gameplay of this game on PC and if you are a gear head this is definitely the game for you.

It sounds like a fun concept, but the car models look two generations old.
I looked on Steam a while back when I had some interest in it. They have quite a lot of licensed real world cars available that look good, but it would get expensive quick buying them all at $5-6 a pack. There seems to be a good amount of mod support in place as well, though.

I looked on Steam a while back when I had some interest in it. They have quite a lot of licensed real world cars available that look good, but it would get expensive quick buying them all at $5-6 a pack. There seems to be a good amount of mod support in place as well, though.
As one of the main modders for the game, the only problem with mods on the PC is you're stuck with in game assets, so even with mods you still need DLC for quiet a few of them to use the engines. However that does make your $5 stretch farther.

LOL I'm gonna be yelling at my, screen when I brake a bolt lol
giphy-16.gif

Apparently, it arrived on consoles without any of the DLC...which just dropped today. I hate this. Should have been included in the game, in my opinion.

I think that's better. Probably not. It's the internet. It's never better. Also, it's GTPlanet, so I might have just made it worse somehow.

Last edited:
Ew. So, apparently, it arrived on consoles without any of the DLC...which just dropped today...That's kind of disgusting, really. I mean, the DLC has been out for CMS2018 for a while now and instead of including all of it in the console version like....most other developers would, they decided that they'd rather make console gamers pay for it, too. I mean, I kind of feel like that's a dirty bit of extortion, but that's me. Makes me glad I didn't buy it on console, now, though.
Yeah, how dare they offer their customers a choice of how much content to buy! Sure, the base game on console may have just as much content as the PC version, but they should've included everything in order to satisfy my inflated sense of entitlement! Choices = extortion!

Yeah, how dare they offer their customers a choice of how much content to buy! Sure, the base game on console may have just as much content as the PC version, but they should've included everything in order to satisfy my inflated sense of entitlement! Choices = extortion!

Okay, Mr. Passive Aggressive. Calm yourself. Let me spell it out a bit better.

1. Usually Previously Released DLC is included with the game when it's ported over to console. It's happened many many many many many many many many times. Excuse my apparently misguided expectations.

2. I mean...I don't know where you're getting a sense of entitlement from. I'm not buying the console version 'cause I already have the PC version. I'm just saying it would have been nice if they included the DLC, but...yeah, again, "misguided expectations" = "sense of entitlement."

3. Most of the DLC, like half of it at least, has been out on PC for a year now. But...again....you know what I'm sensing a pattern.

4. I mean, some would argue....I mean...........Look, people complain all the time about NFS and Gran Turismo and Forza for locking out on-disc content and then making people pay for it. This is the same thing, ain't it? No?

5. I........THIS nonsense is why I try to refrain from posting anything. This forum is the Twitter of fan forums. But, I'll "fix" my previous post so it's not...."offensive"

Back