Car Model Accuracy Thread

• Thread starter R55NA
  • 4 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
DarkStryderLupo
DarkStryder360
I love to see people's in depth product knowledge on cars, especially when something is inaccurate, so it could be a laugh to see how nerdy we all are, on this Forum!

I was going to post this in the Bugs thread, but it's not really a bug - it's just poor attention to detail...

---

One of my daily drivers is a 2008 Megane R26 (not R) but the cars are very similar, and I've engrossed myself in the Phase 2 for several years now. I know it's an insignificant car to the masses, but it's my money pit!

2.jpg

f.jpg

Here is a smallish list of all the accuracy issues I've found with it - rather than actually play the game 🤣:

-CF bonnet should be black not kevlar
-All of inside of bonnet should be CF too
-CF should not be on mirrors or B pillar
-Mirror housing and DLO mismatching colour, all plastics should be same black
-RS side scuttles should be silver
-Mud flaps aren't standard, look aftermarket
-Coolant tank is missing or painted white (car colour)
-Blue body colour BIW when boot lifted
-Interior trim should be semi gloss/matte, rather than glasslike reflections
-Steering wheel detail modelled scaling is way off
-R26 embroidered logo on steering wheel shouldn't be blue
-Steering wheel stitch shouldn't be duo tone (and deffo not blue)
-Dial cluster needles should be red
-Engine temperature is too high, and still when engine off (makes sense as the coolant tank is missing from the engine bay)
-Shouldn't have a stubby aerial
-Brembo brake decals facing away from centre

-Alloy wheels don't paint correctly
-Normals issue on inner lip of alloy wheel

Last edited:
I love to see people's in depth product knowledge on cars, especially when something is inaccurate, so it could be a laugh to see how nerdy we all are, on this Forum!

I was going to post this in the Bugs thread, but it's not really a bug - it's just poor attention to detail...

---

One of my daily drivers is a 2008 Megane R26 (not R) but the cars are very similar, and I've engrossed myself in the Phase 2 for several years now. I know it's an insignificant car to the masses, but it's my money pit!

View attachment 1292823

View attachment 1292825

Here is a smallish list of all the accuracy issues I've found with it - rather than actually play the game 🤣:

-CF bonnet should be black not kevlar
-All of inside of bonnet should be CF too
-CF should not be on mirrors or B pillar
-Mirror housing and DLO mismatching colour, all plastics should be same black
-RS side scuttles should be silver
-Mud flaps aren't standard, look aftermarket
-Coolant tank is missing or painted white (car colour)
-Blue body colour BIW when boot lifted
-Interior trim should be semi gloss/matte, rather than glasslike reflections
-Steering wheel detail modelled scaling is way off
-R26 embroidered logo on steering wheel shouldn't be blue
-Steering wheel stitch shouldn't be duo tone (and deffo not blue)
-Dial cluster needles should be red
-Engine temperature is too high, and still when engine off (makes sense as the coolant tank is missing from the engine bay)
-Shouldn't have a stubby aerial
-Brembo brake decals facing away from centre

-Alloy wheels don't paint correctly
-Normals issue on inner lip of alloy wheel
On the plus side the car isn't a complete understeering mess to drive which is nice. I really want to own an R26 but the running costs would kill me (if my wife didn't). Seriously considering the compromise on the RS175 DCi.

Last edited:
On the plus side the car isn't a complete understeering mess to drive which is nice. I really want to own an R26 but the running costs would kill me (if my wife didn't). Seriously considering the compromise on the RS175 DCi.
I wish I got the Phase 3 of some variety than this R26. It's a money pit full of electrical gremlins!

Wonder if the DCi is a decent drive, hard to tell them apart from a 225 tbh!

I wish I got the Phase 3 of some variety than this R26. It's a money pit full of electrical gremlins!

Wonder if the DCi is a decent drive, hard to tell them apart from a 225 tbh!

Yeah the looks are a huge part of it, in the right spec it’s almost indistinguishable. I imagine it’ll be a little heavier at the nose and want to push out a bit more than the petrol one with the extra weight the DCI carries. I had the GT DCI which is the same lump but with 150bhp rather than 175 and it certainly made good progress.

Yeah the looks are a huge part of it, in the right spec it’s almost indistinguishable. I imagine it’ll be a little heavier at the nose and want to push out a bit more than the petrol one with the extra weight the DCI carries. I had the GT DCI which is the same lump but with 150bhp rather than 175 and it certainly made good progress.

Cup chassis too! This was super rare on 225's

Back