Car not moving, engine revs

• Thread starter fizzy123
  • 10 comments
Scotland
Aberdeen
fizzy_mobz
I am experiencing a very odd problem. For last few days, the car doesn't move and engine keeps revving on pressing the accelerator. Same goes when I try to reverse. This happens both in online rooms or playing offline. The transmission is in auto. I have already tried to delete and reinstall the game data but no change? If the car starts moving, acceleration is very slow and it doesn't tend to gain a lot of speed. Any ideas?

Perhaps the handbrake button on your controller is jammed/dodgy. :P

Have you checked to see if your h/brake is on when this is occurring? :)

Check for the handbrake light first, as a dodgy handbrake might be the most likely cause. If not then check the brake pedal/button as this may be jammed on at around 5%-15% and you probably wouldn't notice it on the HUD. If you can't see anything on the HUD then go to the 3rd person camera and check your brake lights. If the brakes are on at all, it would show.

Not the handbrake or brake button when I checked then. Controller seems to be talking fine with the system. For now problem has disappeared. I will repost if happens again. Thanks for your replies.

Not the handbrake or brake button when I checked then. Controller seems to be talking fine with the system. For now problem has disappeared. I will repost if happens again. Thanks for your replies.

Good to hear 👍
If it happens again, you should probably try a different controller, that way you can determine whether or not you should be worrying about your game or not :P

Good to hear 👍
If it happens again, you should probably try a different controller, that way you can determine whether or not you should be worrying about your game or not :P

Yeah that will be good reason for me to take out G27 out of the garage and drive as it is meant to be :)

Yeah that will be good reason for me to take out G27 out of the garage and drive as it is meant to be :)

You have a G27 sitting around in your garage:crazy: Shame on you:sly:

Handbrake on? Check to see if your controllers are functioning properly.
I have a new T GT II and the load cell pedal set.. I accelerate and the car won't move...handbrake is off...ABS red light is on...either auto or manual transmission...any thoughts ?

Back