Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments

Okay, I've caught up on the vids. Still need to catch up on reviews, sure, but I'm about to head away for a week to spend some time with Rhiannon. Seven months since I last saw her so this one's certainly not too soon.

I will say about the RCZ though, the Gr.4 version is a blast to drive!!! Hopefully the road version is just as enjoyable 👍

(Also, for those wondering why I retired at LeMans, watch the vid... Was truly a series of unfortunate events!)

Weird thing is happening. I'm getting stuck at the exit screen
D99effpUYAIl7NP.jpg

wzi8jlr.jpg

Livery by wadey80
This week, Car of the Week went back to beginning, as we drove the first car selected for Gran Turismo 6: The Peugeot RCZ. And it's....pretty much how I remembered it. Some power, but not too much. Some understeer, but not too much. It looks more stylish than your typical front-drive hatchback. The RCZ is a decent car. Not bad, but not exceptional either. No major changes or surprises, just an indifferent shrug and a Neutral verdict for me.

This weeks' been hectic, so I haven't been able to do much on the video front. However, I did manage to get in something to mark a special day for one brand in IMSA competition...

The one race I did in the RCZ, that rev limit... is very, well... limited. :lol:

Definitely a car to be seen in around town. Some say it's a good car in the real world. In game, only thing keeping me awake was looking in my mirrors, to see who was about to pass me.

They actually look pretty funkyi the flesh. But for close to $50-$60k AUD they ought to be.

However in GT Sport all the FWD cars seem to meld into one another with not a lot of character IMO. Unless the car is a truly standout model like the DC2.

Doesnt everyone have every FWD car ever made in GT Sport and multiple coppies of each?

I dont know what to think about this car.

The summary of this thing is that its a custom 1967-69 looking Mustang body on top of a 2004-6 Ford GT chassis.

So it should drive like a Clarkson era Ford GT, ie. 5.4 supercharged V8 MR w/ 6 spd man.

Again at this late stage you should have half a dozen of these (dont ever pay for these!)... I've driven it a few times and it felt ok, I prefer a bit detuned as I feel 700/800 is getting a bit nuts.

I much prefer this over the Nova.

Gonna have to give this one a miss I’m afraid, Have a funeral to attend tomorrow. :(

It sucks as it was around this time last year I lost my grandad on my dads side of the family and now i’m attending the one on my mums side.

But I will at some point this week get some seat time in the Mach Forty.

Gonna have to give this one a miss I’m afraid, Have a funeral to attend tomorrow. :(

It sucks as it was around this time last year I lost my grandad on my dads side of the family and now i’m attending the one on my mums side.

But I will at some point this week get some seat time in the Mach Forty.

Take care of yourself Vic, we will always be around as usual.

We discussed a while back about the future of COTW and if we should perhaps expand our efforts to attract larger attendance or not. The general response seemed to be that we're not critically desperate for bigger grids, and prefer quality racing over quantity.

Still, I've been thinking of setting up a few little ads in some of the various gaming and sim racing groups I'm in, both on Facebook and Drivetribe. Nothing particularly excessive, but just something to show that we're not just another generic Gr.3 or Gr.4 league, but we're different. We have variety. We have some races with rather unorthodox regs. And at the same time we're sportsmanlike.

I wanted to capture a scape shot that portrayed Car Of The Week. A shot that said "We race anything", or "Where else will you drive a Tomahawk one week and a Honda fit the next?!"

I spent a couple of nights trying to capture that spirit of COTW in a single scape shot. Here's what I came up with.

8151591267024765964_0.jpg
8151591265414152196_0.jpg
8143147017721348108_0.jpg

So what do you guys think? Any of those capture the essence of COTW? Also feel free to come up with your own designs, anything you guys come up with I can also use in little promotional and stuff. :sly:

I spent a couple of nights trying to capture that spirit of COTW in a single scape shot. Here's what I came up with.

I like the first shot. Have you asked HSG for feedback? If we got even 1% of his followers we might see our lobby full 👍

We discussed a while back about the future of COTW and if we should perhaps expand our efforts to attract larger attendance or not. The general response seemed to be that we're not critically desperate for bigger grids, and prefer quality racing over quantity.
I want to join COTW but you guys always create the lobbies when im sleeping. Flaws of the time zones i guess. :rolleyes:

I want to join COTW but you guys always create the lobbies when im sleeping. Flaws of the time zones i guess. :rolleyes:
That's a shame. Don't worry though, we are currently looking at some ways to include others in the group without actually joining the racing. :D

This week we are going with a car that's been around Gran Turismo series for a long time and has been featured in some of the older Need For Speed Games. I proudly present the Renault Clio V6. This weeks car was chosen by @AgentBlackDog

3329125462a86acd2ac161c2d47bdade.jpg

It's highly likely I'll be missing this one. And I'm a bit gutted about that. I really wanted to race the Clio against you lot.

I got called in to work, I'm going on a road trip. A long, long road trip.

Screenshot_20190709-185822_Maps.jpg

There and back. Hopefully within 10 hours. :boggled:
At least the ride is slick. I'm told it's an XR8 Ford Falcon.

Nice work Nate. I was thinking how if we all had the same colors, it might be like the Renault Sport R.S.01 one make race series....and there's where the idea came in. If you advertise on YouTube, Drivetribe, etc. perhaps "Car of the Week-one make races" might attract more attention.

BIG kudos to everyone who made it last night, that was some of the best COTW racing in recent months I'd say! The car was great, the turnout was better with a few new faces, the racing was close, and I had an absolute ball! More vids on the way but for now here's the couple I uploaded right away!

(Also, I only just missed out on a podium in the Nations cup. I was that close...)

Guys, how can I participate in your races with the weekly cars? I'm always so jelly of you having so much fun without me :P. In all seriousness, I have more time than usually currently and would really love to participate! I'm certainly not slow and I would say I am a very fair driver.

Back