Car of the Week 228: COTY GTS Finale

• Thread starter Racer283
  • 3,110 comments
And just my luck, I'll be missing it. Been called into work, AGAIN (I get three days off yet they only ever call in favours for Wednesday), delivering a Hyundai i45 to Wellington.

View attachment 839102

There and back in a day, ya reckon? Guess for someone like @Pete05 it would be a breeze :lol:

You may be able to join since the update happens tomorrow at our usual race time so we may move it to Wednesday(USA)/Thursday(NZ). Anyone feel free to correct me if I have the wrong day as when the update is suppose to happen.

You may be able to join since the update happens tomorrow at our usual race time so we may move it to Wednesday(USA)/Thursday(NZ). Anyone feel free to correct me if I have the wrong day as when the update is suppose to happen.
Thursday I'm at work till 6pm :(

And just my luck, I'll be missing it. Been called into work, AGAIN (I get three days off yet they only ever call in favours for Wednesday), delivering a Hyundai i45 to Wellington.

View attachment 839102

There and back in a day, ya reckon? Guess for someone like @Pete05 it would be a breeze :lol:
If the authorities over here limit the professionals to 12 hours driving in a 24 hour period, I wouldn’t try it.

Get yourself a comfy sleep somewhere & come back the day after. Fatigue kills.

So when are we ridin'? Tuesday (less than 24h away) or wednesday (same time as always? E.g. 5am Germany)?

Great batch of races, lots of close competition, the usual faire for COTW. Thanks for putting up the videos @RobboGTAddict, I enjoyed your editing.

Since the physics update, this might be my favorite Gr.4 car.

Easy verdict: Sleeper!

Livery by SoUL-initi-eAtER He's got some great liveries for the Civic too. Edit: I put up a pic of a Viper with the same livery as my Ferrari. Here's the right one.

6918119534197998608_23.jpg

Last edited:
This week we will be testing one of the new cars from the most recent update. It's one of the classic cars from the 80s and pry one of my favorite Porsche's as I'm quite partial to it since I've grown up around one because of my dad. So with out further ado we will be testing the Porsche 911 Turbo (930). This weeks car was chosen by @Alex p.

DSCN2650-copy.jpg

Won't be able to make the race, but it won't hurt dropping my 2 cents here since I was driving pretty much nothing except 930 for the past few days

This car is an absolute blast to drive. Nice sound, nice looks (if you don't count the odd LOD bug), plenty of power and the handling. Oh God, the handling on this thing is immense

Yes it is very twitchy, but here's the catch. Lancia Stratos is very slidey and snaps all the time. TVR Tuscan is very slidey and can easily snap if you don't control it. 930 Turbo is very slidey, but because the car handles so well, every slide is manageable. I've been putting down insane drifts every corner and the car didn't snap once. It is absolutely bananas, every time i drive this car i get this huge grin on my face and i can't get it off :lol:. And did you try to fully upgrade it? 540 horsepower with 1.1 tons of weight when fully upgraded... oh boy, this **** is scary as hell

There is, however, one downside: the car is hard to handle on the limit and takes getting used to. Even a slight road bump on a high-speed corner can set the car off (Nordschleife time trial event is quite a pain in the ***, I must say). Joyriding it however totally makes up for it on my book

And did you notice that the available colour schemes in Brand Central pretty much exactly replicates the colour scheme in NFS Porsche Unleashed? Instant nostalgia

Definitely a Sleeper. Best car in the GTS for me hands down. Putting ****tons of km into it and enjoying every single one of these kms

P.S. I should note that everything i said above is for the car on Comfort Softs and with stock settings on everything, since that is the combo I've driven the most

Last edited:
Did a 07.55.444 stock on the Nordschleife with it. This might be the most fun I had yet with a sports car on the Nordschleife. What a perfect match it seems really. It really likes to drift, while losing very little speed doing so, if any. The handling is super, super fun and challenging at the same time, because yes, it can be rather snappy.

Unfortunatly not. :lol: I drove it stock=sports hard tyres. As I understand it, the super lap is with comfort soft tyres. :D

That + 6% added weight. Still sure you'll be able to make it into top 25

The penalty system is so BS though: i literally complete some of the corners with half of my car on the grass and nothing happens. I slightly scratch the wall at Kleine Karoussel after correcting a slide and i get instantaneous two second penalty. Ruined my potential 8:20 lap because of it

If you give it a go, avoid walls at all costs :lol:

Thanks to ya'll for the fair and fun racing from today. I saved the replay of the Nordschleife race. If anyone wants to see it, I might upload it.

Also, I loved how Vic was mostly in 1-2 laps at the front drifting away in his Yellowbird, while everyone else was busy trying to catch him, while driving all serious. :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks to ya'll for the fair and fun racing from today. I saved the replay of the Nordschleife race. If anyone wants to see it, I might upload it.

Also, I loved how Vic was mostly in 1-2 laps at the front drifting away in his Yellowbird, while everyone else was busy trying to catch him, while driving all serious. :lol:

You get used to it after a few years. :lol: The kid's got talent I say!!!

Also, here's some vids from the S800 week I forgot to share here.

That + 6% added weight. Still sure you'll be able to make it into top 25

The penalty system is so BS though: i literally complete some of the corners with half of my car on the grass and nothing happens. I slightly scratch the wall at Kleine Karoussel after correcting a slide and i get instantaneous two second penalty. Ruined my potential 8:20 lap because of it

If you give it a go, avoid walls at all costs :lol:

Got to the 71st place with a 08.09.390. Was on a 08.08er too, but botched it. Top 50 should be in my reach, but top 25 unfortunatly not. :(
The best players are basically 10! seconds faster! Just insane... The weird thing is: when I look at their lap replays, I see where they are faster, but my eyes do not percieve it as "10 seconds faster". You know what I mean? Our very own @Yassi_99 is in the top 25 with a 08.04.5xx. I thought I could beat his time. :dunce::dopey: He's the only German in the top 25, and being that a German car und the German track, I thought I could uphold the German honour a little by slipping in the top 25, but simply couldn't do it. :(:lol: Maybe with a flawlessly functioning, better wheel...:P

You get used to it after a few years. :lol: The kid's got talent I say!!!

Also, here's some vids from the S800 week I forgot to share here.

He's insanely talendet. Truly the stig of the COTW and one of the stigs of GtPlanet.

@Vic Reign93 Did you participate in the Sports Mode time trial with the Porsche? I would LOVE to see your time...

Last edited:
Got to the 71st place with a 07.09.390. Was on a 07.08er too, but botched it. Top 50 should be in my reach, but top 25 unfortunatly not. :(
The best players are basically 10! seconds faster! Just insane... The weird thing is: when I look at their lap replays, I see where they are faster, but my eyes to not percieve it as "10 seconds faster". You know what I mean? Our very own @Yassi_99 is in the top 25 with a 07.04.5xx. I thought I could beat his time. :dunce::dopey: He's the only German in the top 25, and being that a German car und the German track, I thought I could uphold the German honour a little by slipping in the top 25, but simply couldn't do it. :(:lol: Maybe with a flawlessly funcioning, better wheel...:P

He's insanely talendet. Truly the stig of the COTW and one of the stigs of GtPlanet.

@Vic Reign93 Did you participate in the Sports Mode time trial with the Porsche? I would LOVE to see your time...

Don’t be putting me on a pedestal now, i’m only human after all. :P

I’m decently quick through practice, refinement and racing alongside fast drivers over the years, the real stigs are the ones you see topping leaderboards day in and day out, like TRL Lightning for example. :D

I’ll see if I can get a lap in at the Ring at some point. ;)

Don’t be putting me on a pedestal now, i’m only human after all. :P

I’m decently quick through practice, refinement and racing alongside fast drivers over the years, the real stigs are the ones you see topping leaderboards day in and day out, like TRL Lightning for example. :D

I’ll see if I can get a lap in at the Ring at some point. ;)

Only 6 days left ;) Your lap will determin if you are one of the aliens. Dont't hold back ;)

Got to the 71st place with a 07.09.390. Was on a 07.08er too, but botched it. Top 50 should be in my reach, but top 25 unfortunatly not. :(
The best players are basically 10! seconds faster! Just insane... The weird thing is: when I look at their lap replays, I see where they are faster, but my eyes to not percieve it as "10 seconds faster". You know what I mean? Our very own @Yassi_99 is in the top 25 with a 07.04.5xx. I thought I could beat his time. :dunce::dopey: He's the only German in the top 25, and being that a German car und the German track, I thought I could uphold the German honour a little by slipping in the top 25, but simply couldn't do it. :(:lol: Maybe with a flawlessly functioning, better wheel...:P

Correct to 8 minutes on all of them please. Your times look way off :lol:

Once again BIG ups to everyone for Tuesday night, what a lobby! Great turnout, great racing, the 930 911 Turbo is one I never would have picked for being as fun as it is to drive! I gotta give a shoutout to the brakes on that thing, couple of times there I thought I'd overdone it, yet she pulled up nice and easy! I think we got another candidate for Car Of The Year!

More vids on the way, but for now, here's the two big battles I had with Vic

Also, kudos to those who have started joining us recently! I'm seeing some awesome racing going on all the way through the pack, and it's awesome! Welcome along guys and gals, and enjoy your stay! :cheers:

Some say he runs away to Brazil occasionally and moonlights as Igor Fraga. It's entirely possible. I mean, have you ever seen Vic and Igor in the same room? I thought so!!!! :P

I'm having mixed feelings about the 930. Those folks who excel in car control are sure to love it. I found it to be difficult. Overall it's a good car, but that off-throttle oversteer ruins the fun. I ran a few hundred miles prior to Tuesday night practicing on SH and SM tires, then find out we are running SS. That accentuated the quick turn-in the 930 has, whilst doing little to keep the back end in line. I struggled all night, mired in the back half of the field until I gave up and ran a prior COTW favorite, the 996 '01. What a difference. I actually kept up with @Nismonath5 at Red Bull Ring.

Adjusting the suspension and LSD, helps a lot. Staggering the tires SM/SS helps even more.

Verdict (sorry Yellowbird fans): meh

One of these things is not like the other one.

6053484412568371212_0.jpg

Back