Car of the Week | Week 54: 4 France's Sake (Renault 4 GTL '85)

(In a bad impression of Jeremy Clarkson's voice): THIS WEEK...

Obelisk decides he's had enough...

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240215232142.png

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240215232151.png

SPD tries to blind an anime girl...

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240218171623.png

And RX8 attempts vehicular manslaughter!

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240215232134.png

(Nonexistent Car of the Week jingle concludes)

The only two things keeping Suzuki from being a complete write-off.

Let's just get one thing out of the way first - yes, I am very slightly disappointed that the 1.5 GLX version was not added as well. It has larger fenders than the widebody option, has both more torque and tractive force than the XC at all rev ranges and gears, and you can still have the kei version for the game's K-car events. Otherwise?

You now have the Airwolf theme song stuck in your head. Dun dudududun dudududun dudududun dun dudun dun dun dundun

It cannot be understated just how over the Jimny is. Only the Alphard has it beat in terms of sheer explosive popularity in-game. Hell, there are at least five Jimnys in my town alone. And it stands out, as this literal square in a world full of round soulless eggmobiles with increasingly-elaborate headlamps. The reason I say this is because I have the February 2019 issue of CAR Magazine open right now, that has a bright-yellow Jimmy front and center on its cover, flanked by its forebears and with the words "BEST CAR IN THE WORLD?" written on top of the page. That quote is next to a BMW 3-Series inset, but come on, they knew what they were doing. (Or not. It's CAR Magazine, after all.)
Between singing the Jim's praises of being a staunch off-roader and complaining about the road manners and small door pockets and "the steering wheel cannot be adjusted for reach, boo hoo 😢" the team of McLaren, Louw, and Steenkamp conclude the Jimothy as one boatload or charm.
And then they give it a lower score than both onionsmobiles, but hey, it's one point higher than the G63!!! Small victories.

Reason #59519719514156199 on why journalists cannot be trusted

So what, in this game, does this little four-wheel-drive box with leaf springs and a brake-based LSD do? Not go on-road. The Jimmeh has more list in its turns than the retreating Bismarck, and will stop at nothing to load its entire weight onto its inside-front tyre the moment you turn into a corner. The only thing that helps it on exit is its four-wheel-drive and low-end torque, and you will need it - as with most K-car engines, it runs out of pukka the higher it revs, only here it is exacerbated by its one-ton weight and aerodynamic profile beaten by anything slicker than Cyril Gane's submission defense.

It's the thought that counts.

Dudun dudun dudun dudun, DUDUN DUDUN DUDUN DUDUN DUN

But all that doesn't make the James any less fun, now does it? No one is getting one to beat lap records in any category except itself, and the urge to resist any off-track areas vanishes the moment you put a foot in the grass. All of the marshmallow springs and front-loaded torque suddenly make sense when it skips across gravel, snow, and sand like a fox. The Ji rumbles and tumbles and tears over each and every bump like Motorstorm, and still you won't find yourself hanging on for dear life at the north of Fisherman's Ranch. It wants to eat dirt, you will want to eat dirt. You will ignore all artificial notions of track limits, you will dive into the sand at Willow Springs, and you will curse Yamauchi for keeping car resetting permanently on. The Jimnyneutron is that addicting, and sixty-three pages of liveries cannot lie.

I know you like this, you filthy animal.

A flock of wild Jimnies take off to form the largest brick wall in the Arizona Desert.

Do you want to know how much this picture cost me? Half a million credits. So just know that whatever car you have in your mind when you're grinding your Demios at Mount Panorama (most likely that Shelby Cobra Daytona), all that money could be used to buy one-thousand one-hundred and eleven Jimnies.

I know exactly what joke you're about to make. So don't. And Jimnies depreciate less.

Which is an objectively superior choice.

Delete your entire garage until there is nothing left but Jimmies - you can rent cars for dailies anyway.

0-100: 15.566s
0-160: For the Jimbles? llololololololololololololoollolol
100-0: 2.9s
VMax: 145kph
400m: 19.416s @ 109kph
1000m: 36.916s @ 131kph
100-150: warp9s

Attachments

• 20240218_153334[1].jpg
    20240218_153334[1].jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
This week, we celebrate the birthday of our favourite prominent British GTPlanet user with an affinity for purple... which isn't a lot, but it's weird that we have two of them here, isn't it?

This coming Saturday, the 24th of February, is @Vic Reign93 's birthday, and his choice to celebrate getting one step closer to the edge?

(Distant NA flat 6 noises masked by tyres being shredded)

The Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22, added just last November in the massive Spec II update!

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240219034917.png

Vic_Reign93​

It's an obvious choice, the 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. :)

Well, damn, Vic. Short and sweet, huh? I suspect the time it took for us to read that is just about representative how long we'll be able to keep Vic's widowmaker in sight in our weekly lobbies, hosted on Tuesday, 20th Feb, 10 P.M. CST hosted by the birthday boy himself, Victory_Reign93, and then again on his birthday proper, Saturday, 24th Feb, 4 P.M. Singapore time, hosted by XSquareStickIt. BoP will be turned on to temporarily revert everything back to stock, so the only prep you'll need to do is to find or make a livery if you so wish! I mean, you DO already have one in spite of its exorbitant 340k asking price, right? PD practically forced everyone to buy this car with it featuring in the Sport Mode Time Trials and Weekly Challenges...

And this week's ~Special Challenge!~?

Vic_Reign93​

I think the special challenge this time should be a nod to the Gran Turismo Movie’s “Finish Your Lap” scene.

Fastest lap around the Nordschleife, either bone stock or with a PP limit of 800, folks are free to do one or both of those choices. ;)
I don't know, that reads like personally calling out @Alex p. to me...

As usual, we welcome anyone to share any thoughts, opinions, stories, photos, or videos of the 992 here on this thread!

(If I sound tired, that's because I'm frantically rewriting big chunks of my Jimny review after learning that the Jimny has Brake LSD from @Skyrocket44 's post MOMENTS before I was ready to publish. But seriously, thanks for letting me know. Learning about new things is why I like reading opinion pieces!)

Yeah, this challenge is very much to my liking.

giphy-3d11fb792bb924a84.gif

I can post my final time on Sunday, right?

My prediction: At least Vic will be quicker, than me. Possibly someone else as well. For two reasons: 1. Vic is generally quicker, than I am. 2. This car is SUPER easy to move at the limit. It behaves just like a race car. Simply phenomenal drive.

Last edited:
Noooot to try and be the first to post, but the 992 GT3 RS ‘22 is pretty much the best Gran Turismo car in the game.

Noooot to sound confrontational, but what do you mean by a "Gran Turismo car" and why is it the best one?

SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 44 - Suzuki Jimny XC

full

If there was a car I want in as much as the MINI Countryman, this little pile of cardboard be one of them, officers. Perhaps even more!

Ahh, the Jimny. Suzuki's wonder off-roading compact juggernaut from the 70s have yet to appear in any form of video game. That I do know of. To be honest, this is the kind of kei car I hoped would appear in a ChoroQ installment, but it apparently didn't according to IGCD.

Starting off as an in development off-roading car from a defunct corporation Suzuki took over in the 60s, the Jimny was introduced as the world's first kei car capable of going away from the tarmac. That's it. That's the concept it's going with, and from then to today, it remains unchallenged as the king of this subgenre within kei car culture.

As I scroll through paragraphs and other writeups of the car.. umm, there's not much to note, so we skip ahead to the latest iteration in the JB64. And even here I can say not much other than how they just modernized the classic Jimny formula with things like touchscreens, modern light control and safety features. It's also my favorite kei car of all time, being well known as an incredibly customizable base for anyone to do whatever they desire, but let's not go there. They are releasing a 5 door variant sometime this year, which obviously excites me. Not to mention this will be the car that will represent Suzuki going into the EV market.

Since it's Valentine's period, let's give Candy what she wants in the form of her favorite Bon Bon. And his sisters ready to cause a little mischief. And you guys get a first look at someone who was supposedly to appear in Week 26. Yeah..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 44: Sweet Spots

Suzuka Circuit
Suzuka, Mie Prefecture
Dawn

full

Blessings of the people come answered as a clear morning arrives to this sacred Japanese racetrack.

full

With restricted access in the morning for racers, Candy takes advantage of her privledge with a familiar, but also a new face.

full

For the first time in a while, Candy finds her face showing glee in the MINI ever since it was taken away by Augur.

Her memories stay strong with how it happened, and her grateful nature towards Lucia and Cierra, in a struggle trying to stay afloat mentally.

full

No words to express this joy, she keeps up the pace and marches on this side of Suzuka, leaving the tuned Tritec engine do its magic.

later.jpg

Heading in a hub spot within track limits, Candy browses her phone for any updates.

Sitting alone on a set of sofas, she still recalls this spot, in particularly when she met the Scottish underdog Paul for the first time.

Wearing the same pink cheaongsam from Week 5 reinforces that thought, though her focus then turns to a partially revealed head of her proclaimed big sis, crouching low by a nearby obstacle.

Candy however had no time for jokes, exclaiming..

Candy: "Oh for the love of Kami.. Rin-san! I see you!"

Knowing the jig was up, Rin pops up and hurriedly finds an excuse from her head..

Rin: "Eh? I wasn't hiding in any form today, Candy-san.."

Ready to strike, Candy was off putted by Rin somehow wearing the same exact pink cheongsam.

Candy: "Buh? But.. the exact same dress?? What the-"

Rin: "Anyways.. how's my little sis?"

Spoke Rin in joy, now that they're close together.

They made a friendly embrace, while Candy replied.

Candy: "I'm.. fine. As usual. Nothing to complain about."

Rin: "Aside.."

Candy: "You know as well as I do, big sis."

Rin: "Oh.."

Always ready to deal with debbie downers, Rin let out her smile and suggested..

Rin: "We'll get her out of it, I assure you."

Candy: "I know. You never give up on me. On anyone you meet, you know."

Rin: "That's what sisters do."

It might be a tease, but Candy looked back at when they formally met for the first time, and responded..

Candy: "Umm.. can I recall we said we really aren't sisters.."

Rin: "No, don't say that!! That was the past! Honest. We're still bonded."

Objected Rin loudly, getting some people around to look.

A well dressed man however had more than an idea to watch the happening continue, approaching and then declare..

Boniface: "I see the fuss of all manner of barbarianism reeks to here."

Rin: "Bon! Well, good morning to you too!"

He's smiling, she thoughtm, but Candy knew behind that forced smile and closed eye was another emotion, as she enquired..

Candy: "Is something the matter with you, Bon?"

Boniface: "Ma cherie.. forgive me. Seems your wolf like senses can tell I am in a sour mood."

With that confirmation, Candy moves to comfort the man, reaching his face with her hand..

Candy: "No! But this is your first time here in one of the world's most popular race tracks! That's impossible.. whatever it is, how dare they ruin the moment for us.. I mean you!"

Boniface: "Well, it's not that. Don't take heed too seriously, my sweet little wolf. It's just because of.. that brute."

He then points towards said brute: his rival whom he hasn't made peace yet in its fullest.

Candy: "Ohhh.."

Rin: "Teehee, that's completely understandable."

Paul knew however this is his time to enter stage, continuing the conversation happily..

Paul: "Top of the morning, lassies. And you too, Bon."

Boniface: "Ughh.. Henderson."

Candy: "Here for Sunday Cup, Paul?"

Paul: "Aye, I heard my old chum here's been hosting Sunday Cup in all places. I figure it's time to let myself in. And in Suzuka: the battleground of many a racer's biggest beatdowns."

It might be a little long winded, but Rin then commented..

Rin: "Ehh.. That's just about as predictable as predictable can be."

Candy: "I know, big sis. I wonder why I didn't quite see him coming."

Paul's focus is however then towards his rival.

Paul: "Ahh, chin up, lad. You'd relish beating the likes of me at any given time, aye?"

Boniface: "That I do. You do any of your touring car tricks and I'm going to ban you for life, you oaf."

He knew that's a joke, despite his grumpy serious look coming out.

Paul then decided not to pursue further..

Paul: "Ach, don't you be a worrying. If that's the case then, figure I'd be off an' get myself ready for a bump free sesh. I'll see you lot in a moment, alright?"

Rin: "Buh bye!"

Boniface: "Adieu! Do hit yourself on the way out."

As he leaves, Candy then notes the intensity in the air differing from the last time..

Candy: "I've only seen you both in Sainte Croix that time, but.. he really fumes you up, does he?"

Boniface: "Not quite. It comes with the stresses of heading these events and he coming in is just.. well.. I found out last night. And it's Paul being Paul. He's trying, and I appreciate that, however savage his methods."

Chiming in, Rin explained..

Rin: "Bon is a cool character, and Paul is the one guy that.. heh, he's an erupting volcano in that arctic landscape."

Raising his brows, Boniface asks..

Boniface: "You've been learning metaphors from that Gary character, have you?"

Rin: "What can I say? Guiltyy~"

Candy: "Not to mention the dark one hates my big sis and that short statured gangster coming close."

Rin: "He says the same thing about Lyle-san, you know."

Hearing that, Candy replied calmly..

Candy: "Okay, that is fair game."

The three then find themselves joined by sounds of high heels walking in, revealed to be Boniface's sisters.

Boniface: "Ahh, just the characters I was hoping to run into."

Mirielle responded, curious with this bitter tone she's been fed from her usually gentle little brother.

Mirielle: "How unfashionably rude of you, Bon. But I see your mood's on the fritz. Do tell: was it Paul?"

Boniface: "You can tell, oui?"

Mirielle: "Don't worry. Ama here is a little agitated that you've been compromised in that sense. Aren't you?"

Receiving a little nudge from her lustful imagination, Amadine returns and quickly stammers..

Amadine: "What? I'm ALWAYS agitated. Like lustfully, that is. Hee hee.."

The emerald lust watches the two women wearing pink dresses in such an odd way, that Candy had to ask to get her out of it..

Candy: "Ama? You've done a number on that Scotsman before?"

She then quickly returned to the real world again.

Amadine: "Oh, well, there's that time I threw one of my cards in his shoulder. He passed out from blood loss! Oh, that was hilarious. It wouldn't been funny if he died that night."

Rin: "That was a long time ago!"

Amadine: "Well, you remember? Oh, you were spying on us that time, wasn't it?"

She asked sinisterly, rubbing a knife handle on her jacket, which Rin then grinned innocently and said..

Rin: "Eh.. I don't know what you're talking about."

Boniface: "Mademoiselle, your poker face is showing."

Mirielle then stepped up.

Mirielle: "At any case.. seeing that it's MY money going to be used, I will make sure the race today isn't going to make me sad. A sad Mirielle would be.. bad. That's what the board usually says."

Boniface: "Perhaps then I should go now and ensure nothing wrong will happen, sister."

Mirielle: "Hmph. You, and.. well, all you three are definitely trustworthy. Go then, Bon. Merci."

Boniface leaves, leaving the women lounging around..

Amadine: "Candy! Desole, I know you want more time with the boyfriend, Candy, but if I were my sister, I'd apologize for the cock block. Not that you have that kind of thing down there."

Candy: "Disturbing. What imagination are you thinking up now?"

Amadine: "That dress, ruined with rips of bruised skin.. Ahh, Ginnie was perfect for this! But for now.. well.. perhaps not."

Candy remains her cool, however hard is it to do so after hearing that.

She couldn't hide her want to get her away from her with whatever foot poles are available.

Candy: "Erk.. I suppose it's high time we split, then."

Mirielle: "Already? Odd. I was thinking of having breakfast in that fancy cafe over there. Among us only. As girls willing to have a good time. On me."

Amadine: "Aww.. I'll be good. It's safe word all morning for you all, promise!"

Rin: "Oh good! Trust me.. I hear the food here is something else. Come on, little sis!"

The vexing offer then got to Candy's head.

Candy: "You're not even in this race, but.. I'll accept."

Now walking across the pit lane, the ladies, sans Mirielle, converse along the partially busy areas..

Rin: "You've been here for how long now?"

Amadine: "Months.. who knew the Japanese are capable of treating issues caused by radiation. We have nuclear power plants all over our home, why even have such a need to stay out?"

Candy: "There was a recent nuclear disaster up in Fukushima, if you do need to know."

She's not too bright, but Amadine gets it, looking up with eyes widened.

Amadine: "Ohh.. that's a sound reason."

Candy: "I'm glad you like it."

Amadine: "Not as much as your lower body atop Andre, but sure!"

Hearing that, Rin asks..

Rin: "Andre? What, or who is this Andre?"

Amadine: "Oh? Well, he is a fine stallion.."

Candy then intervened immediately..

Candy: "-that requires less deliberation than it already has!!"

Amadine: "Ohh, you killjoy!"

Knowing she didn't get the full story, Rin then decided against hearing it out watching that objection play.

Rin: "Well.. if you say so. That kind of interference is something Zumi-san wouldn't stop giggling about."

Realizing about how she's not here, Amadine playfully inquires..

Amadine: "Is she not here, madame Yamazaki, I mean?"

Rin: "She's helping out the boss with something else. In Brazil. I'm flying there in a couple days."

Candy: "Me too! Why would anyone even.. wait.. I have a feeling it's something to do with our race in Interlagos next week, big sis?"

Rin: "Yeah? I mean.. yeah! It's time I finally butt heads with my little sis."

It's for unjust reasons, but Amadine plays sorrow..

Amadine: "Aww, looks like I'll miss you two for the time being.."

Not much later, the women stumble upon a group of contestants for later..

full

This trio would then look towards what obviously stands out.

Amadine: "Qu'estce que c'est? Is that an ambulance?"

Candy: "Not just any ambulance.. that's Barrington's high performance ambulance."

Rin: "Ot-to's right hand man has been in Nippon for a long while now. Is being EMS his true calling?"

Candy: "Seeing his hobbies are naps and anything related to bacon.. I doubt it."

As they circle around, Rin then has an idea.

Rin: "Ehe.. It's probably another excuse for him to drive dangerously without any jurisdiction of the law."

And with her inner cop coming out, her eyes glare, finding Murph snoozing away on where the stretcher would be.

Rin: "He's a wanted criminal.. so let's see his fight or flight response with me."

Leaving her be, the other two take their attention elsewhere.

Amadine: "Who else is around to arouse, hmm?"

They then notice two men of British origin..

Amadine: "That's my sweet little brother's thorn Paul, and who's that man beside him?"

Candy: "Looks to me that's my favorite Goodwood nobility man. Lord Augustus."

Knowing what she's known from Paul, Amadine then thinks..

Amadine: "Well, I better keep myself scarce, because you don't want to know the history between me and him. It's more than just one steel edged throwing card."

Candy: "Irritating. If you want to go find Bon, go find Bon."

Amadine: "Heh. Alright. I'll be seeing you then."

Split from Ama, Candy approaches the two men, entering their conversation.

Candy: "Gentlemen."

Lysander V: "Ahh! Dame Candy. A pleasure. I'm sure you know of Paul?"

Paul: "Aye, we do. Turns out the lad's got connections. Goodwood connections."

Lysander V: "And not to mention being one of the Messiah's Chosen.. perchance I would say that Frenchman has more than you know."

Paul: "Not questioning it, your Grace."

She then noticed the Autobianchi..

Candy: "Anyways.. I see you brought the little Italian eyesore."

Lysander V: "Still miffed about it, eh? That I did. I had some people tweak it through. Here's hoping it will ride better. Though.. it's under my hands this time around. What about you? What's your car for today's excursion?"

Paul: "My Golf. Between us, Candy, lassie.. well, I was inspired by Graham."

Candy: "From that day in Maggiore?"

Paul: "Ach, no. I met him ages back. On me first trip to America. Had a drive in it around Willow. Not to mention me darling's not keen on me hogging her ride."

Just then, a groggy Murph hops in, shaking himself clean as he asks..

Murph: "Oi oi? What's this all about?"

Candy: "The fastest ambulance driver's here."

He then leaps and looks aside, playing with that last statement.

Murph: "Where?! Oh, you mean me? Bugger me, I am not in the mood for such low level designations, ay."

Lysander V: "She means to not belittle you, ser Barrington."

Murph: "I know, milord, I know. Bit of a jest, is all. Me boss's honey is up and about looking through my ambulance for illegal substances. Gotta tell her someday that me big chum Fred's the one doing the pushing, ay."

And as he tones down, Rin jumps out of the ambulance, and reports..

Rin: "Hey, this is where everyone is. You're clean.. for now."

Murph: "Easy there, sunshine. You gotta trust ol' Murph, ay? I'm always clean. Unless you find bacon crumbs."

She feels to stay, but thinks otherwise, readying to leave after a quick check.

Candy: "Well, I think I'm done checking around you guys. I suppose.. we can meet up after the race?"

Paul: "Sure."

Murph: "Yeah, alright."

Lysander V: "Can do."

She walks off with her sister behind, thinking to poke fun..

Candy: "Any idea where your car is?"

Rin: "Umm.. WAIT! I drove it here.. why are you even asking?"

Candy: "Just a little tease, I mean.. don't you.."

Rin however responded with a quick slap to the back of her head, messing her braid.

Candy: "OWWW! My hair!"

Rin: "I expected better from you, little sis. You're so easy to victimize, you know."

Candy: "Oww.. okay, sorry. I.. (why is this EVEN happening?!)"

Retying her hairdo, Candy and Rin moves further on to find another set of cars.

full

Initially bitter, the presence of the Demio however soothes her.

Candy: "You! Hey! Been a long time, hasn't it?"

Rin: "What are you talking about, little sis? The car?"

Candy: "This Mazda. Bon started bringing it around after our first Sunday Cup encounter. It's a quick little Demio, I assure you."

Rin: "Sounds to me you have a very special relationship with this Demio, hehe. But how about those two?"

Candy: "That looks to be Boniface's Alfa that he bought from a fellow racer. And that Jimny.. that's new."

As a truck was towing a pile of bricks behind the cars, someone decided this is the best way to make an entrance and crashed through it.

And as the dust settles, a feminine definition of steroids appears, shouting in full force..

Quinlan: "SURPRISE, DIPS[BLEEP]S!"

Candy: "HEEEEE.."

Even though she keeps telling herself she's a friend, Candy can't help but panic in dread as she lands on her back and start crawling back.

Candy: "(Keep calm, Candy, keep freking CALMM!) Oh my God it's her!!"

Quinlan: "She's still such a pansy.. Hiya, Jess!"

Spoke Quinlan as she waves to the other lady who's not a mess.

Rin: "Quinn!"

Initially shocked, Candy then recalls..

Candy: "Why's that.. oh, I completely forgot you're related.."

Rin: "What is the matter with you, little sis?! Did Jake-san not explain to you?"

And Quinlan then closens in to the Jimny..

Quinlan: "Relax, pard! I ain't here to kill you."

Then, Amadine appears by the side..

Amadine: "If she was, we'd be in quite the predicament. The Assassin's Guild doesn't do the unwanted damage to property and civilians.. however fun that should be."

The two women, however different in personalities, stand tall as the giant females within their guild.

Quinlan: "Yup. No wucking forries from me!"

Candy then gets back up after some consoling, wiping away her clothes as she recollects herself..

Candy: "Is.. that so? Fine.. umm.. the Jimny must be yours, then?"

Quinlan: "That's right! Jessamine here told me a kei car's the best thing since fresh fish, and I took her advice quite literally."

Rin then inspects the Jimny, filled to the brim with aftermarket modifications..

Rin: "Huh? I didn't think you'd take it in so seriously. Because.. wow.. this looks like something out of a rally driver's garage."

Quinlan: "Yeah, I gotta look the part. Make sure the bozos know I'm the real deal. Only that.."

Her overbearing smile then turns to a slight frown..

Quinlan: "Not quite sure I got that mojo in me yet, ladies. I thought I'd be hopping with the roos, but I'm at best just a little joey."

Amadine: "I.. am seeing one of my men killing idols having a moping moment?"

Spoke Amadine with an initial distraught feeling.

Rin didn't waste any time and hopped ahead.

Rin: "Come on, Quin. Giving up isn't so you. You're a prized athlete! I'm sure you'll get there."

Quinlan: "Tell you what, Jess: you're freaking right!"

Rin: "Yup! And if you're still doubtful, my little sis Candy here will help give moral support. She can help refine your technique. Bring her in side saddle before the race."

Hearing that, Candy shrieks, filled with surprise.

Candy: "Ehh?? Me?!! EEEEEHHH! EEEEEHHHHH!!"

Rin: "Look at that reaction! Ohh, I say you both need some time together. Trust me: this is perfect!"

Amadine: "And if you don't say yes, I have 12 methods for you especially.."

Realizing who she's surrounded by, she slumped, admitting defeat.

Candy: "How.. dare.. you.. why don't I have a choice??"

Quinlan: "Don't feel so bad. I promise I'll be the best of behaviours!"

With eyes on Quinlan's great muscles handling the Jimny's many mechanics, Candy thought of how well refined her techniques are.

full

Candy: "So, who taught you? To drive, I mean.. not tennis."

Quinlan: "Did I not say? It's Jake of course! Bloke's got a talent for it that his daddy and little brother Keith don't got."

Candy: "How about his past as.."

Quinlan: "The Outlaw? That's what got me hooked on to him for tutelage, y'know."

Candy: "That so? Did you figure it out?"

Quinlan: "He's real sensitive about that. Though if you really have to know.. my handler told me. You know who she is, I reckon?"

Candy: "Not really. Who?"

Quinlan: "The Mistress of Mystery. The Broker of anything.. or I suppose just her alias: Nirvana Kellen. Actually, never mind. She's not the sort that'll tell you anything about her connection with the Assassin's Guild."

Candy: "That's interesting. I see why she's untouchable in and out."

Quinlan: "She handles for all of the Trinitia, might I add. And since we all hate each other, it's a near impossible task, truly!"

Candy: "I can think of a few more people whose in deeper s-let's not waste any more time: maybe I can check your driving skills for a moment.."

It's my favorite Kei car of all time.. I gotta be cynical. Umm.. soo..

full

It doesn't take a genius to tell the setup off the shops for the Jimny is off-roading. You can tell by feeling the car having a very soft springs setup while mounted quite high up. Of course, you can also tell with that, it will bottom out quite often. In GT land, that feeling is often experienced when taking the car's steering all the way to the end. Suzuka East helps accentuate this behaviour especially when the only spot of road you're taking it on is the S curves. You're letting it go so low, you swear there's a gangsta rap track waiting for you when you exit the sweeping corners. Though, it might not be a hit record, rather probably one of those 'poseurs putting their mouth away from their heads' beats. It's not nice to look, but it's a show for those who like to watch the suspension physics.

Though, what is nice is everything else. With a powerband that wants you to barely short shift, the car has a perfectly serviceable 5 speed gearbox that gets you to eventually reach a long 5th from a very short 1st. This short, around 20 MPH first gear means that your launches, with that astonishing 60 horsepowers on standby, are going to be good. Adding on that acceleration is a turbo. Now I have my reservations on turbos on low powered cars (see GTP Cool Wall entry on the Toyota Starlet Glanza), but this allows the Jimny to somewhat keep itself clear ahead of its competition.. which is supposedly, according to PP restrictions, only the Austin Mini. I wonder why nobody ran that.

full

Now where it shines to me is the handling. Not as is, because it's an AWD box that understeers. It's if you engine brake. It will loosen itself wildly, but since it's AWD and understeery, you will get what I call the kind of AWD turn that turns you on. Innuendo aside, it really is an attractive way to get the Jimny through a tight corner: its one non power related weakspot. Not only that, but the Jimny is notably narrow, which allows it to really be aggressive on the line when on the track with other like rated machinery. You probably see it in the lobby replays with me in them.

Though, if you want the Jimny to truly surprise you, have a feel for it when on the dirt. Not only do you see it not wobble and shake so much, but it feels like you're on cruise control in it. That and also in speedy circuits. You are going slow, but the car gives this mind shattering, all exciting illusion that anyone, and I mean anyone with a sense of intelligence can exploit. I don't know about the usual lobbies, but a good chunk of what's experienced on Saturday was just the pinnacle of competitive racing. And I didn't win any race, because I decided to not bother with my good pal Goodwood. You can watch me be horrendously aggressive with this car, and I feel just as horrendously elated in it. It's such a joy to be behind it and killing it, because it's so easy to do so. Even if you just run off into the wild side of Willow Springs, you don't have a desire to head back onto the road, because you too will feel that freaking nirvana getting the undersides messier than a mud bath.

full

Accessible to anyone, but still a test bed for the elite. I say that sums it up quite well.

Candy: "Lulu's right, of course.. he is a great teacher."

Quinlan: "Who now?"

Candy: "N-nothing. I'd say I'm real impressed, but you've got some kinks to work out here and there. Nothing time in a few races can't fix. I like what I'm seeing."

Quinlan: "See! You're capable of positivity. I had bonzer attitude in my noggin every time I see you. Just promise me you don't go wild crazy like earlier each time you see me and a brick wall, mmkay?"

She took her time to pat Candy on the shoulder, which was like a lifting weight landed on them..

full

Candy: "(Where's the dark one when you need him!!) Ulp! B-both hands on wheel, Q-Quin!"

Not long after, the Sunday Cup event comes to a roaring, rolling start.

full

Wasteland
The Mission
God's Own Medicine

full

Watching from the middle, Candy finds her sweet spot with the Demio once again, and readies to rumble.

Candy: "You're not my MINI, but seeing how excited I am to get behind your reins again, you are indeed a keeper.. I guess Yumi-san can help me build a similar ride."

Considering the best you can do is get it to run against the likes of a stock WRX and still fail miserably, how do you tune your Jimny?

full

The thing is, this is a car that'll do more than road. It can do off-road too, and if you can't tell, then you're probably blind. And I know you ain't that disabled, baby. First thing is you want to spend on everything. It's the only way to keep it in check with everything else the game throws at it. It's not going to go faster than your usual 280 PS agreement sports car, but it can reach that.. sort of barely?

First choice is turbo. Ohh, why is this even to be debated? At this power range it's not important, and so is looking at the power band. Well, if you ask me, you want that High RPM kit due to 2 things: more power (obvious) and less reliance on needing to slightly short shift (not quite obvious). Plus that any rally nut would love more power at high revs. And speaking of turbo, like with the Copen: no you're not getting any flames out for putting in the anti lag.

full

Thing is.. numbers aren't important on how delicate they have to be. It's obviously towards how high and low they are. Since the car's built for going on non smooth terrain out of the shop, you want it to go hard. Bring down the height, bring down the compression, raise suspension hardness.. the works. Going ham is up to you, as the car's balance is already excellent. If you ask me.. I add a tiny bit of oversteer by incrementing up a tiny bit on its back. But same numbers front and back is the safe word. It's such an easy car to drive, so don't be afraid to experiment when you know your bases.

And.. that's it? There's nothing significant any form of aftermarket can do to this car, and like I said: kids are cruel, Jack.

full

Though, I'm surprised nobody noticed one of my greatest handiwork of this car: yoinking the Jimny Cup logo. It took me a good 50 minutes of work. Not to mention someone uploaded the Metal Gear Rising logo so I had to use it..

I know, SPD is plugging like a mofo. It's either this, or nobody knows I do these things, mmkay?

full

insert watercolour here
I know, I'm not racing this time. Just anticipating that eventual nomination with one of my favorite V10 supercars ever.. don't tell the VX Viper I said that.
And it was a 10 lap skirmish so I was going to do a Notable Race Events segment, but had to cut it. I can get you the winner..

full

Yeah, that car's quite good at this low PP range.

Now past lunchtime, Candy prepares the drive back to Tokyo, as she walks through the hub area.

She then notices Boniface, standing by the side with a small commemorative gold cup at hand.

Not thinking twice, she changes course and walks towards him, acknowledging..

Candy: "Oh, Bon.. You seem much better."

Boniface: "Oh, ma cherie, when I'm alone with you, and without the sight of that brutish oaf.. better is just the bare gist of it."

She then focuses on the gold cup..

Candy: "Not to mention I see this big winner of today's event.."

Boniface: "Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, oui? Lay back and relax."

Candy: "Fine. But I have this slight hint that we're not truly alone."

Boniface: "Trust me, I have complete control of the moment."

From the opposite side of the building, Rin watches dilligently, with a good set of gadgetry on hand from a good distance away her target, hiding behind a nearly closed door.

Rin: "What are you trying to share without MY consent, little sis.."

And before she knows it, her hands were grabbed, and the door slammed and locked.

Rin: "Ehehe.. huh?!"

Amadine: "CUFFS, BELT AND HARNESS!!"

Rin: "What's the meaning of.. MMPH!! MMMMMM!!!"

Now tied up and gagged properly, Rin squirms around the floor, with Amadine and Mirielle watching down..

Amadine: "Oops, I apologize for forgetting the important formal proceeding of a gag."

Mirielle then walked forwards, gleeing without hesitation and restraint she usually shows.

Mirielle: "Lovely. Heehee.. oh, I haven't seen fresh innocent meat in such a long time. Not to mention she had this coming in YEARS."

Amadine: "Oh, Mir, this is just the test run.. I'm not going to parade her through the pit lane or anything.. like I said, Jessiebelle.. bruised skin under ripped dress.."

Amadine then sees a Mirielle enjoying what she sees, smiling a sinister show of glee.

Amadine: "Do my eyes deceive me, sister? I haven't seen that grin in forever!"

Mirielle: "Yes.. This will be fun, but if word comes out and Monsieur Ross hears any of it, we might be his next test subjects for whatever torture he's willing to put out. Keep it to ourselves. Those gags do have the memory suppressants, correct?"

Amadine: "...maybe? Ahh, well, let's see how close do we fly by the sun today!"

Rin: "MMMWMMMHH!! MMMHMMHMMM!!"

And just as Mirielle begins to exit the empty solitary room..

Amadine: "Oh.. Mir? Permission for the whip?"

Mirielle: "Permission granted. Make sure she's unclothed first. The usual."

Amadine: "Hear that, darling? You got lucky! Madame has to go soft on your nice Candy like dress."

eventually.jpg

Boniface then glares at his phone, receiving a message from Mirielle about his security..

Boniface: "Oh yes. Complete and utter control."

Candy: "Umm.. why are you grinning like that?"

He suddenly shifted that grin aside and went back to Candy..

Boniface: "None of your concern, ma cherie. It's just.. I received confirmation of our privacy."

Candy: "Oh, excellent!"

Boniface: "Perhaps we should jump to it. I know you're worried about Lucia. We all are, but if what you way is true about her and Augur.."

She's sad about it as always, but the more it comes, she gets braver and braver about it.

Candy: "I don't like to talk about it. They're toying with someone I can confidently call my friend."

Boniface: "[sigh] she is more than just your friend. She is a wife. She is a sister. And she is also our favorite prodigy."

Candy: "Do you think.."

Boniface: "I wish to say no, but if she's feeling down about it, and need some self assurance, well.."

Candy then decides..

Candy: "I should get out there.. and find Cierra."

Boniface: "Might I share about some bad news of her? She's out on her own adventures too. What that is.. well, I guess we'll have to see."

Candy: "You and Gary?"

Boniface: "And Clark even. Not a single lead. Off radar since you talked with him about it, ma cherie."

Willing to help, Boniface can only say what he thinks it the best way ahead.

Boniface: "Perhaps if you can find Williem? He's going to be at Interlagos next week."

Candy: "You both had history, right? I hoped you can help."

Boniface: "We're not quite on speaking terms."

Candy: "Guess that just makes this harder. Quinn, that tennis player told me I have an aptitude for positivity.. Would you say that is a good way to take this?"

Boniface: "Absolutely, ma cherie. Take your time. We'll give you a heads up should anything come up. Remember I have a sister who's in the Assassin's Guild after all."

Now holding hands, and inching closer, the two then feel a mild amorous moment..

Candy: "This might be Valentines season, Bon.. but.. I feel we haven't quite gotten to know each other too much."

Boniface: "That I agree. Perhaps the fated scent of love on the racetrack remains elsewhere."

Candy: "I wonder.."

just then.jpg

full

You're In Love
Ratt
Invasion Of Your Privacy

Sonny: "Ohh Nirvana.. you freaking bitch. You know I like the fast ass, not the slow ass."

full

Nirvana: "Fufu.. that fool is taunting me. I, Nirvana, will show him a good time."

full

Sonny: "Ai? C'mon now. Sonny Meng can't falter, even with.. this feeling in me.."

Nirvana: "Ohh.. how can this happen to I.. Nirvana.. it distracts me.."

full

Both: "Is it love?"

full

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering my incredible bias to it, am I in a corrected position to give a rating to the Jimny?

It's obviously marred by the fact it hasn't gotten an engine swap (unlike the Willys MB at this time of writing) but Top Sleeper is the most obvious answer from me, no question. Just really impressed me as I keep seeing them in real life and now pushed as hard as it could. It's not the international market variant that has way more power, but I still completely recommend. Akin to Miatas, it's probably my new rule with Kei cars. They are just plain and simple small but potentially furious. See the rotary Cappucino, for instance.

If anything, this week makes me want a Jimny even more. Not that this car wasn't on my radar at all. It always has been. Always.

Remind me to finish up Week 26 and 27. It's the only way I can explain Quinlan's familiar presence even though this is the first you all see of her. Like at all.

For Rin Nishimura/Jessica Ross (5)
see Episode 2

For Sonny Meng Xian Zhen (5)
see Episode 3

For Nirvana Kellen (6)
see Episode 4

For Paul Henderson (5)
see Episode 5

For Murphy 'Murph' Barrington (5) and Boniface Richelieu (6)
see Episode 7

For Amadine Richelieu (6) and Mirielle Richelieu (6)
see Episode 20

For Lysander Augustus V (7)
see Episode 23

For Quinlan Bradley (7 COTW)
see Episode 26
or y'know.. since I haven't finished it..
Hailed as the Sports Diva from Down Under, Quinlan's a bona fide master in the physical contest of contests. A recent graduate of the world racing league's B License, her great muscles isn't the only secret of hers she's keeping tabs on.

Theme Song: Judas Priest - Hard As Iron
Nationality: Australian
Current occupation: Sports personality, prominently as a tennis player
Distinct features: Long bright orange hair, often tied in a pair of split braids. Wide almond shaped pale blue eyes, thin but thick skinned slab nose and small mouth. Her caucasian skin's always shiny. Semi-tall and has a defined muscular, built body.
Choice of clothing: 'A show of her greatly honed skin when she can' is her motto on this, usually wearing a sporty tank top with tight sports shorts, with a jacket either worn or wrapped around her waist. There are sporty shoes and sports sunglasses to complement.
Cars: Renault Sport Megane R.S, Toyota Tundra TRD Pro

Gold Coast born Quinlan was the second of a whole horde of children. She never had an issue getting past the ropes of life with her siblings, who frequent the beaches there. Thanks to her father's role as a pro surfer, and her mother being a lifeguard of one of the many beaches there, Quinlan had no issue with meeting people and also getting to know the active lifestyle she gets frequent exposure from. Reaching puberty, she however gained one other interest due to her body somehow developing muscular. Compounded by how ridiculed she was in school of her size, she knew this was the calling she needed to stand out and shield her ego: through strength.

Without a remarkable education, Quinlan went straight into sports, getting scholarships for various sports academies and fields. However the result, her jolly character seems to be a perseverant one where she never has a notion to give up in any slight. Though, behind all this muscle was still this psychologically inept woman, who would be taken advantage of by certain criminal elements in Australia. It didn't take long for her to think enough is enough, leading to a mental snap and a new aggression began from there. To the public, it gave them a positive role model to follow, and for the underworld a new killer threat thanks to her behind the scenes actions towards.

In one clash, she was put in a bind, but was saved and proceeded to clean up a large sports corruption scandal thanks to the Assassin's Guild, specifically from a feminist cool cyborg, with another sadistic blood knight. Joining in as an athletic powerful giant, these women would end up being known as the Trinitia: a triple threat of women that would be deemed unstoppable should they come together, though in their heads and ideals that's not quite the case, enough to cause a hostile rift.

Jumping from sport to sport, she recently gotten her hands into racing cars. Though, her growth seemed to be drastically larger than your run of the mill racer. Rumors report that she seems to have contact with the infamous Outlaw, though no direct reasoning has been confirmed.

Noooot to sound confrontational, but what do you mean by a "Gran Turismo car" and why is it the best one?
Playing on the name within the names. Porsche GT(Gran Turismo) 3 RS is the best Gran Turismo car in the game(GT7/Gran Turismo).

I feel the car does the Gran Touring part the best. Stock and Cup tuned. We have other GT cars that many players complain about. They have the looks like the Ferraris, but don’t deliver in braking and handling performance. Some cars deliver aurally and for sure bring smiles to player faces, but there’s just a bit of overall performance lacking.
This Porsche isn’t lacking anything. It’s got the noise. It’s got the power. It’s got the handling. No weak braking characteristics of cars in this category that are road legal race cars. Straight out the box.

Custom tune it and I mean to Cup car tune(dropping weight to 1260kg, RH and custom suspension). No need to tune more than that. I feel it does it better than any other GT car.

Playing on the name within the names. Porsche GT(Gran Turismo) 3 RS is the best Gran Turismo car in the game(GT7/Gran Turismo).

I feel the car does the Gran Touring part the best. Stock and Cup tuned. We have other GT cars that many players complain about. They have the looks like the Ferraris, but don’t deliver in braking and handling performance. Some cars deliver aurally and for sure bring smiles to player faces, but there’s just a bit of overall performance lacking.
This Porsche isn’t lacking anything. It’s got the noise. It’s got the power. It’s got the handling. No weak braking characteristics of cars in this category that are road legal race cars. Straight out the box.

Custom tune it and I mean to Cup car tune(dropping weight to 1260kg, RH and custom suspension). No need to tune more than that. I feel it does it better than any other GT car.

Agree on all points, except: it does have one weakness: Top end speed, true to its race car character. It does make it loose on quicker tracks like the Nordschleife to similarly high-specced aero cars, but which have better top end (more about that on Sunday in my video comparisons).

Last edited:
Like I said in our PSN chat, since the daily’s this week blow… I’m gonna spend my IRL car driving time doing TT at NBG in both stock and 800PP form. Still haven’t built a modified car yet - BUT - since I’ve won a Manufacturer Championship for Porsche in the past…

IMG_3947.gif

- I just took delivery of a special order 992 with a 6 speed manual transmission.

After getting used to the braking points, I ripped off a 7:08.xxx heel-toe effort on my second lap. Initial thoughts are that this thing handles better than my BOP-tuned GR.3 458. I don’t know whether that’s a testament to how poor I am with my Ferrari, or a testimony on how good the 992 is on SM tires!!

IMG_4218.jpeg

Looking forward to hitting the ring this week!

Oh yeah, this thing runs out of gearing FAST on the straights

Last edited:
Like I said in our PSN chat, since the daily’s this week blow… I’m gonna spend my IRL car driving seat time doing TT at NBG in both stock and 800PP form. Still haven’t built a modified car yet…. BUT … since I’ve won a Manufacturer Championship for Porsche in the past…

View attachment 1329633

- I just took delivery of a special order 992 with a 6 speed manual transmission.

After getting used to the braking points, I ripped off a 7:08.xxx heel-toe effort on my second lap. Initial thoughts are that this thing handles better than my BOP-tuned GR.3 458. I don’t know whether that’s a testament to how poor I am with my Ferrari, or a testimony on how good the 992 is on SM tires!!

View attachment 1329634

Looking forward to hitting the ring this week!

Oh yeah, this thing runs out of gearing FAST on the straights
I got the GT3 RS from 2016 under the 7 minute mark (barely), so you'll have to improve upon that time a bit.

kiPMApg.gif

Little trivia while using the 992:

• Car does not like tightening corners, otherwise it's very sharp.
  • Car is probably on too hard a tyre, much like most of its rivals, and it's in Normal mode. Or I just suck at the Herpderpring (7:02.xxx).
  • The game doesn't render the RS' suspension in-game, but I'm on PS4 so it could be different for PS5 owners.
  • I found something very interesting on the car's official page.
  • I think the downforce figure you see in the tuning menu is the downforce at 100kmh measured in Newton. It lines up pretty well with the quoted 409kg @200kmh, assuming a constant L/D ratio.
  • The rear rises up when DRS is on. Most likely caused by the aero balance change.
  • It also has four-wheel steering, but you can't buy a 4WS controller for it.

I'm very surprised at the lack of postings, considering the car... Or is everyone holding off, precisely because the car is so special and everyone is preparing a special write-up? Well anyway, let's start my review today with a "switched order".

Let us start with the 1000 meters drag race comparison. I chose the '16 GT3 RS to be its main rival here, and later on Tsukuba as well.
In this test the new '22 model DID win against the '16 model, but barely so with its 20.251sec vs. 20.332sec. But how can that be? Well, the reason is obviously its obscene amount of downforce. At the beginning, it does pull away nicely, but quickly the older model starts catching up. The single acceleration times of these two demonstrate that rather well:

'22 model: '16 model:
0-100km/h: 3.4sec 0-100km/h: 3.6sec
0-200km/h: 10.3sec 0-200km/h: 10.5sec
1/4th mile: 11.1sec 1/4th mile: 11.3sec
0-250km/h: 17.4sec 0-250km/h: 17.1sec(!)

The '22 model retains in all 3 first measurements a steady 0.2sec lead, while at the last measurement it is already 0.3sec behind!

On Tsukuba, it's obviously a very different story. Overall, the '22 model does pretty much run away with it, but you can still see the '16 model catching up on the straights. This leads to the following result: A 00.57.142min vs. a 00.57.933min lap time. Considering the lap time is under one minute, a difference of ~0.8sec is quite big, though not earth shattering.

And now, coming to the big final: What was this car able to pull off on its birth-place, the Nordschleife? Obviously it could do even better, but I managed to squeeze out a 06.52.952min (the '16 model managed to get barely under the 7 minute mark with a 06.59.736min).
YT review: "Obviously for the very first time in any GT, this is SUCH a cool addition to the game series! I watched (as most of us did I reckon) LOTS of YT real life reviews of this car, and often wondered if they exaggerated and after having driven it myself (well duh yes!, I mean in GT7 :P), I can honestly say: no, they did not one bit! This thing honestly feels like a race car although it's fitted with SM tyres! The grip this thing creates is MENTAL and thus many of the (higher speed) corners are simply crazily fast! It just feels AWESOME to drive. The only downside it has, is its admittedly low top end, which only plays a role on tracks like...well the Nordschleife. :P But even then it just is so much better, than most of its competition. On a more tighter track, it's almost unbeatable!"

I even did a comparison with its direct Nordschleife rival, which is the also heavily aero focused, German cousin from Stuttgart, the
Mercedes-Benz AMG GT Black-Series '20. Thanks to its far better top end, it was able to just edge out the Porsche with a 06.52.384min! A difference of 0.568sec over 20.832 kilometers!

Verdict: it's so good, that I just have to call it a sleeper.

Now let these reviews start coming in, and let me see if more of you, other than Vic, were able to beat my time!

Last edited:
Does turning off tyre wear make any difference? I set mine to 1x so the tyres can degrade realistically over the lap, but how much faster is 0x?

Last edited:
SPD Writes Gran Turismo 7's Car Of The Week: Week 45 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992)

full

Has Porsche really taken that road legal track car rule book out the window? Why, it's an age old tale, that's what this is the culmination of.

At this time, we already have a collection of 4 different Porsche 911 GT3s in game. Seems to me PD has quite the boner for these monstrous grip cyborgs that retain their shape since their debut in the 70s Carrera RS.

Since it's yet another new sports car, there's not much else to say. It's still got the 911's signature non aspirated Flat 6 that brings a modest 517 horses through a 7 speed PDK transmission, being carried by 1.45 tons. But it's not about the numbers, but rather its design choices that'll wow you.

You can see a huge wing that has in built DRS, and slits all over that'll tell you this thing has a mountain of downforce ready to roll out with. It doesn't have a good top end of 296 km/h, but that's not quite what you get with this design choice.

I should add something about Sundowner, maybe a Spongebob reference somewhere, but I guess I won't.

Yup. Shortest writeup ever. Yeah, live with it. You know what's underneath.

Episode 45: Mean Group 3 Debutees

Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Autódromo de Interlagos)
São Paulo, Brazil
Noon

full

Candy: "Here are the facts as I know it.."

full

Candy: "I've been racing my hardest and find myself in a solid third place.."

full

Candy: "With the tamed racing animal's presence, there's nobody that's going to claim victory but him."

full

Candy: "Though he's been pressured by my big sis the whole way. It's true. She truly is a force to be reckoned with."

full

Candy: "I'd say in these final few laps, the competition is all but done for us at front. Though.."

full

Candy: "Not far behind, a couple of newbies are getting along just fine, unusually ahead of the usual crowd."

full

Candy: "Super Formula superstar Hayato Matsumoto.. and Nurburgring meister Williem Weiss.. New to the racing of this competitive class, but they showing everyone what for."

full

Candy: "The competition grows fiercer.. enough mumbling! Find that Mark of Zen.."

full

And the tamed racing animal finishes P1!

full

With Nishimura on P2 not even a couple seconds behind!

full

Topping out our podium is Le Glace Pacer, comfortable at third!

full

The fans are riled up behind, rallying the cries of Hayato as he battles it out side by side against Williem.

full

Photo finish!! And Honda takes fourth in this exciting battle!

3 hours later.jpg

full

As the sun begins to set, Candy, walking alone under the shade as her team leaves the place, puts away her phone into her purse, and looks forwards.

She then sees someone rollerblading at great speeds, approaching her. Knowing who this is..

Candy: "Nishimura Rin, coming in hot.."

But she wasn't ready for the gale that blows with her, pushing her as she passes by.

Candy: "Whoa there! You sure this is safe?

Before she realizes, Rin then slows her speed and put up her helmet's windscreen, then speedily rotating around her little sister, as she questions..

Rin:
"Safe? Why, don't worry! Otou-san always says to live life to the edge!"

Hearing word of her former master, and the man that tied them together, Candy rebutted, arms crossed and mouth pouted.

Candy: "Nonsense! You're just like him, you know?"

Rin: "That so? Otou-san never was one for rollerblades. He kept nagging to me should I ever fall, which is never, should you need to know.."

Still cheery and circling around, akin to dancing a pirouette, Candy corrected while hesitating..

Candy: "No, not that! You know what I mean, big sis."

Rin: "Teehee. I know you know."

Rin then stopped, standing well balanced on her expensive rollerblades.

Candy then notices her sister's abdomen carrying a reddened portion, asking..

Candy: "When did you get that nasty gash down there?"

Rin: "Umm.. that's a good question. Maybe I DID fall? Yet, it doesn't even hurt.."

Spoke Rin in her excited positive mood, perhaps due to the race results.

Candy then realized, slowly dreading that..

Candy: "I.. think it's best we leave it.. (that's Ama's signature whipping spot.. did they?)"

Trying to change the subject for her own good, Candy turns to the race..

Candy: "The Guts once again has taken a significant amount of points.."

And she continues, remaining in melancholy.

Candy: "Makes me wish that pompous ass is here to make sure that gap isn't that far ahead.. Though, do you know?"

Rin: "Of?"

Candy: "Since he's here and never truly alone, who's The Guts' current ambassador?"

She put her imaginary thinking cap on, and held her chin, wondering..

Rin: "Umm.. well.. the only thing to do is find him. They're bound to be here, right?"

As they both looked left and right, they then notice a horde of Brazilian persons, wondering..

Candy: "I don't suppose he's in that crowd of girls and cameramen?"

Rin: "Nonsense. That's easily you-know-who."

She scopes in with her hand on her forehead, and notices a familiar face with purple accents on his recently tied braid, confirming that her half brother is the focus of said group.

Rin: "Moto-san's fandom goes here? I suppose being half Brazilian does that, teehee.."

Candy: "I guess it'll be a while before Moto-san can get to us. But how do we find.."

Akin to a bulb lighting up, Candy hatches a plan.

Candy: "I got it! We'll have to use his phrases! Though, I suppose I must muster up 2 things so outlandish."

Not quite so bright about it, Rin didn't follow..

Rin: "Okay, I get it. It's never been done by a woman before, you know."

Candy: "There's a first for everything."

Rin: "Go on, then! He's never going to come.."

She hasn't the confidence, but she took to her inner imagination to eventually eke out..

Candy: "Let's see.. some say he thinks stupidity is a disease.. and he believes every major city on this planet has, living underneath, a variant of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But all we know is that.. he's The Guts."

And after a brief pause..

Rin: "Well, I knew nothing was going to hap-"

The women then felt a small quaking sensation underneath them, having them stumble around.

Candy: "Whoa.. Do Brazil even have.."

Rin: "EARTHQUAAAKE?!! AaaaAAAHHH!"

Not prepared, Rin then slipped off the floor, landing on her back.

Candy: "You tripped!"

Rin: "UHHWAAAA!! Shut up, little sis!!"

And just as they rolled to the side, a small unseen trap door opens, revealing a pillar of light and smoke.

Coming out that upwards in a slow motion, is The Guts, standing tall akin to a certain wrestler.

Not believing what's happened, Rin shouted..

Rin: "W-was that built there for him?!"

Candy: "Hey. Strange as this all is.. I knew it worked, big sis. Pay up."

Rin: "We didn't bet on it!"

Candy: "Don't make me wish I did."

As they get back up on their feet, The Guts, remaining stoic with his arms crossed, looks down on Candy, grabbing something from her purse..

Candy: "Greetings, oh weird wonder you. Here."

She then lends out a cheap touchscreen phone and hands it to the racer, of which he grabs with intrigue.

Rin then looks, not feeling this is the right move.

Rin: "Err.. that's unwise of you."

Candy: "Since I don't see any of the Sim Gear folk, I want to meet with your ambassador. I know Sophia's fired, and they can't leave you unchained for long."

Spoke Candy with a serious tone.

The Guts then typed on the phone, then turns it for the ladies to see..

Rin: "He's typed.. Follow me?"

He then turned, with the women behind him, keeping a conversation to themselves.

Rin: "Do you keep a spare smartphone to communicate with him?"

Candy: "What, you jealous I figured that out first? It's part of my master plan to get to know HIM."

Rin: "Grr.. don't push it, little sis!"

later.jpg

It wasn't further away, but The Guts then stopped, turned back to the ladies, and pointed ahead to this blonde German..

Candy: "There.. is Lulu's older brother Williem. Honestly, with your obsession on Lulu, this isn't that big a surprise."

Rin: "Not to mention his charisma. Oooohhh. Did he hypnotize you.."

As Rin poked away at the racing helmet, Candy didn't take heed, and noticed the scene..

Candy: "Flattering. Unusual, but looks like his girlfriend's not here."

She slowly inched to the man, with the two following close behind.

Candy: "I know he promised no secrets, but Jake didn't tell nothing about The Guts being a part of The List."

Rin: "It's a secret he doesn't even tell Son-Son or Murph. But he assures me it's nothing. I believe that, at least."

Candy: "Rin-san, you can be so soft and gullible.."

With incoming, Williem turns then greets with a small, cool wave..

Williem: "Ahh. Frau Candy and Frau Nishimura. You both make my first season race a step up from your usual debut. I guess I have more goals to accomplish before my retirement, ja?"

Rin: "What can I say.. pushing myself to best HER really brings that much out of me."

Replies Rin as she nudges Candy's side.

Candy: "UMPF! Irritating."

Williem: "Save your excuses for when I finally get in shape in this league, sweetheart. I truly am more of a road car racer after all."

Rin: "You betcha!"

Candy didn't quite like her current ignored presence however, as she clears her throat..

Candy: "Er hem.. Hello?!"

Williem: "H-hoppla! Did I do anything wrong?!"

Rin: "You remember my little sis? When I mean little, I mean of her stature, of course, hehe."

Candy: "My height is not the subject of today's episode, people.."

As he scratches his hair, Williem looks to the oblivious man.

Williem: "Yeesh, don't think of touching me before I ignore you too, Herr Guts.."

The Guts replied with a thumbs up, confirming to the women..

Candy: "Wow. So, how have you become his new ambassador?"

Williem: "I suppose ever since I told him of my darling Lucia's new allegiance to Augur, he had a reason to cling on to me. And there you have it. That's right, ja?"

The Guts then nodded calmly, of which Williem thinks to go back to the women.

Williem: "Of course, there's all the times I have to learn on what he means. Not to mention his trust to me is still of question."

Rin: "What? Even with that stunt you did that day, I still sort of trust you."

Williem: "Oh, trust me when I say I'm distrustworthy, ja? If that is the word.."

Although this admission is not to be questioned, Candy had a thought..

Candy: "There are worse characters. The Scott brothers come to mind.."

Williem: "Those reiche katz? You can never trust anyone with money."

Responded Williem enthusiastically.

Candy however remembered Guts' admiration to Lucia, and brought up..

Candy: "Interesting you hung on to this family like you always would, Guts."

Williem: "Like Lucia told me.. I've no clue why, alright?"

And just after he looks, he walks onwards, leaving behind the group.

Rin: "Mat-te! Where is he going?"

Candy: "Leave him. He did pop up from a missile silo from under."

And staying with the theme of Lucia, and with her thoughts last week, Candy inquired..

Candy: "Though, this probably means it's fine if I ask how.. Lulu is doing?"

Williem: "Lucia?"

She didn't like how it sounded dishonest, and reiterated..

Candy: "Who else am I asking for, cool guy?"

Williem: "Yes, yes. There's nobody else. I understand you perfectly. Well, to put it simply, she's in good hands."

Rin?: "Nyeehh.. I don't trust that response."

Williem: "Frau Nishimura, please. Didn't I warn you earlier?"

Rin however rebutted..

Rin: "Ehe, umm.. I don't think that was me. But that was a very convincing imitation!"

Just as the camera zoomed out a little, her half-brother arrives, cheeky as always.

Hayato: "Of course it's not, Rin-chan. Hello, Candy-chan."

Candy: "Ahh, charming as always, Moto-san."

Hayato: "Nyeeheeheehee.. and who do we have here? One of your strange European cohorts."

Hayato then squatted, inspecting..

Hayato: "Oh yes: the guy who made me sweat. I got my eye on you. I do love me some good competition, nyeeheehee!"

Realizing who this is, Williem excited himself.

Williem: "Ohh? Wunderbar! Super Formula hotshot Matsumoto, I presume?"

Hayato then leaps up and stands, then poses, with his blade Yoko out from its saya and now in hand.

Hayato: "The one, the only. Shake here, mister..."

Williem: "Weiss. Williem Weiss. Perhaps you know my schweister Lucia?

They then shook hands, firm and hard.

Hayato: "Nyeehh.. that I do. For reasons I refuse to elaborate, but yes."

The sneaky Hayato then thinks of Lucia being a hot head, and not finding that character in that he faces..

Hayato: "You are indeed a far cry to your little sweet pea."

Williem: "Believe me, I get that a lot."

Hayato: "I see you know of my two little sisters: Rin-chan and Candy-chan?"

The women responded..

Rin: "Oh, we know. Through Jake-san, of course."

Candy: "And Lulu.. By the way.. there sure are a roster of new drivers joining the leagues today, and you two look to be quite competitive in the big leagues."

The two men looked back, with something to say..

Hayato: "You dare doubt me.. nyeeeeheeheeee! GT racing is way below me. These are just nobodies waiting to be passed by the greatest Super Formula ace the world has ever seen! I'll surpass the likes of Hamilton myself!"

Williem: "Like he said.. perhaps may you know I had this conversation with your sweetheart, Frau Nishimura. He tells me it's okay to boast a bit. And may I say I have the skill and the macho to back my trash talk up, achtung!"

And the women saw them brimming with confidence, happily agreeing..

Candy: "No s[BLEEP], if not for those battles earlier, I bet you can compete with The Guts. They have a bright future, don't you think so, big sis?"

Rin: "No arguments whatsoever."

And before they continue, a car crawls up to them on the empty track.

full

And without warning, The Guts parks it and leaves it, allowing this small crowd to comment.

Rin: "Whoah! It's a brand new GT3 RS! That's DRS wing is a dead giveaway."

Hayato: "Dang.."

Candy: "Did he just.. leave it?? He intends to head for the bathroom without parking it, or.."

The car however riled up Williem's memory.

Williem: "Ahh verdammt! Seems to me my work is never going to escape me wherever I am. How can I have completely forgotten.."

Rin: "Work?"

Williem: "You heard me. In a few days, I'm racing with Lena on what is the greatest street legal race cars of Deutschland. She's got an AMG, and I'm in this Porsche."

Using this time to tease, Hayato answered playfully..

Hayato: "Sounds to me you've got quite an uphill battle."

Williem: "Much as I'm confident the Porsche is a better car, you'd like that, would you, Matsumoto?"

Hayato: "You can call me Moto-san.. since you enthuse me so much, heheheehee [slow clapping]."

Williem then steps up, and has an idea..

Williem: "Tsk.. I think I want someone along this time. Ehmmm.. Frau Candy?"

Candy: "Oh?"

And feeling a little naughty, he spoke with a bit too much honesty..

Williem: "I require your extra ballast.. ulp.. not the word I was looking for.."

Not even seconds later, he then receives a swift uppercut.

And he staggers, unable to act as he starts receiving all kinds of soft but painful blows..

Williem: "AUTSCHI! Stop! Stop!! She hits like Lucia.. AAAHHH!"

Candy: "I CAN BE AS BERSERK AS SHE CAN TOO!"

The siblings watch on, quoting..

Hayato: "Hehe.. check it, Rin-chan. She truly does have hypertension issues with a rage like that. Never mention weight with her.."

Rin: "It's a fundamental truth about women in general, Moto-san."

9,000 Miles (Eelke Kleijn Remix)
Pendulum
The Remixes

Just after Williem finishes a good chunk of laps ahead, he then brings the car to a halt by the Senna turfing.

full

And now on the driver's seat, Candy looks around the various interface elements, noting on the left side of the wheel..

Candy: "So, this is for the DRS.. ohh.."

Williem: "Ahh.. yes, well.. this is going to be the secret weapon that'll shift the tides to my favor."

Satisfied, she then readies herself..

Candy: "I guess I'm ready for some quick laps."

Williem: "You do that.."

He's obviously reeling from the pain caused by the beatdown from earlier, and Candy asks in a slight hint of guilt.

Candy: "You okay?"

Williem: "Ja, yes.. mir geht es gut.. You really hit hard. For your size."

Candy: "I learn from our favorite Lulu."

Williem: "Heh. You were really waiting to say that, I bet. Shall we begin?"

full

So, what's my favorite way to agitate those public lobbies in this game? It's those who can't decide what is road legal and what's not. Porsche carries a good chunk of these characters in the form of this, their VGT, and the GT1 Strassenversion. Though, the GT3 RennSport has always been this kind of invader that'll give anyone a reason to kick you. I used to get this treatment with the Miura, which is bullcrap, by the way.

full

What does the car offer you? If you're a tuner, you're ready to be disappointed, right? It's a pre-tuned track monster with a setup out of the store that makes you think it's already perfect. Nothing however is, thus what I'll cover later down. I've already mentioned this car's weakness is the speedy venues such as Daytona. If you've caught whiff of the weekly lobbys, I brought a Veyron that has just about the same PP on similar tires, and had a 5 seconds advantage for each lap. If you're still willing to keep a Porsche for this venue, a souped up Cayman GT4 can get you results.

As mentioned earlier, this car does have a sort of secret weapon: the DRS button. We are covering cars with this function left and right, eh? This DRS we get is similar to the Audi RS 5 we covered ages back. It sort of serves the same purpose. You use it when you're in a long straight. It has similar restrictions, meaning you can't use it when cornering. It's a shame, I do want to see if it can help it turn better with it on at all times, at the cost of stability.

full

Speaking of behaviour, the car's a notable beast that has no weaknesses outside of straight line. It can turn, it responds to your inputs nicely, and power oversteer is precisely minimal that you need not worry of it. It's like the user friendliness of a Group 4 car, with the pace of a Group 3 car (with the correct compound). Only that it's street legal, so you can find yourself using it on road car events.

Since it's reliant on downforce, you can feel the effects of dirty air quite profoundly for a road car. The car has a tinge of understeer on the whole for its handling profile, so taking this issue has to be one main factor for mastering it. Various other quirks this car has is.. that it doesn't want you to treat it like a road car at all. It's that grippy, and that quick around the corners.

The car also is straightforwards enough, that I had my engine braking and short shifting cap on the first time I drove it, and it was a small deficit. Anyone's able to push this car to the limit, and even with that responsive engine on tow, you don't need precise inputs to do so.

For some weird reason, you too can bring this car on the off-road venues for some rallying. It's.. passable, mainly because that downforce at the rear keeping it stable at most times. But let's not mention it, even though it was my idea. I'll ask for Goodwood next week to keep these scales balanced.

full

We're tuning this thing? Of course we can. If RUF can do it.. has RUF done it?

Nope.

Don't think they're the sort that messes with modern day Porsche cars. So, the car comes with sports parts out the factory floor. Meaning you have to mess with it only with race parts. Not like we have any other choice. Speaking of choice, you don't have any choice to add aspiration, which usually makes the meat of these.

You also can't remove the big wing. Since DRS is built into this car, it'd be odd if we can do that. Not to mention it's not adjustable, so you're stuck with grip beast with this. You can always opt for the 991 GT3 RS or Cayman GT4 if you want some oomph going straight, with upgrades of course.

You however can do just about any engine upgrade applicable to flat 6 engines. I'm not going to try this, even though it's a car you can buy.

As is, it's an amazing easy car to drive, so what needs changing has to be done when needed. That's usually only done when you need to race it with harder compounds, or a boost in power.

We're getting something old and tunable next week, I hope. This is boring. Amazing, yes, but also not exciting.

Candy: "Thanks for letting me drive this car.. Trustworthy or not, you're a nice guy, Will. I see where Lulu gets her good side."

Williem: "What? Does she not tell you how she admires me in many many ways, Frau? Oh Lucia."

full

the news day.jpg

São Paulo - Guarulhos International Airport
São Paulo, Brazil

Morning

Finished with duty free shopping, Candy takes a peek on her phone's clock..

Candy: "2 hours wait time.. I think the lounge calls for me."

After putting her phone back into her purse, she then notices The Guts being transferred by cart.

Candy: "Peculiar.. I dread the day he reveals his passport to me.."

Rin: "Or his face.. Rumor has it he's my Jake-san's doppelganger, and they also look alike.. imagine seeing him on that racing suit.."

Turning to her side, she then sees Rin, wearing an outfit similar to her husband's usual getup, though she has her thoughts occupied with that last statement..

Candy: "I did NOT want to see that. How dare you show me that silly mental image?!"

Rin: "Teehee. My bad. Though.."

She had a slight grump in her, prompting Candy to ask..

Candy: "You have any reason to sneak up on me again, big sis?"

Rin: "Why.. umm.. I'm going to board in a little bit.. going back home to California."

Candy: "Oh.. ermm.."

Just like back in week 2, Rin squeezes her little sis into submission.

Rin: "I AM GOING TO MISS YOU, LITTLE SIS!"

Candy: "UUWAAAAAHH!!"

The struggle didn't come without some attention from the hordes of people moving around, peeking at Candy's struggle.

Rin: "Uhh.. did everyone see that?"

Candy: "This is YOUR fault, big sis!"

Back at usual standing position, Rin then had a shift in emotion, though it's the more suspect one.

Rin: "We'll clash again someday. Maybe with Jake on tow. There's a rumor saying he's not going to race with us so that he can build a reputation steadily rather than take on the big wigs so soon."

Candy: "Whu?"

Rin: "Bye bye, little sis! Stay active on socials for me, ehehe!"

And before she knew it, the person she knew as her big sis disappeared into the crowd.

Candy: "Ehh? Ummm.. there goes my big sis."

Wiping her eyes slowly tearing up, Candy goes back to what she was on to, eyeing towards a sign directing to an international flight lounge.

Candy: "Now where were we?"

15 minutes later.jpg

Now on a small dining table, Candy, now alone, sits, ready to eat as she mischivously remarks..

Candy: "Oh yes! I've never seen a plate full of unknown Brazilian sweets before. This. Is. Heaven!!"

Hayato: "ITADAKIMASU!"

With those words, she then leapt back and adopts a cautionary pose, seeing Hayato sitting opposite of her.

As if he just appeared there being inserted into the scene (which he has the power so as long he isn't ruining the plot, oh look he's waving at me momentarily)

Candy: "BWUHAAA! Moto-san, when did you get here?"

Hayato: "You like that, don't you, Candy-chan? Silent like the wind, sudden and surprising, and deadly with the blade.. all will fear, the ninja.."

She then resumed to her sitting position, acknowledging her old racing master's greatest pupil in front.

Candy: "Whatever. We're on the same flight back, yeah?"

Hayato: "Nyeehh.. obviously. I said my goodbyes to Rin-chan before finding you, about to be cannibalizing your namesake."

Candy: "Don't say that."

Hayato: "What? Rin-chan?"

She shook her head aggressively, mentioning..

Candy: "No, no! Why would I not like someone's name. I mean the other word.. the C word."

Hayato: "Cannibal?"

Candy: "Yes, cannibal."

Hayato: "Ehh, I won't inquire further then. You be you."

With a fork on hand, Candy looks to her food..

Candy: "You will leave me to engorge myself in sweet delicacies, okay?"

Hayato: "Bitch, you ain't the boss of me!!"

a little longer than a few minutes later.jpg

Coming out the dressing room, Williem, freshly dressed and cleaned, enters the main area of the lounge, not without Hayato putting his gaze on him..

Hayato: "Check it out, Candy-chan.. it's that Williem guy."

She responds, wiping away the many crumbs and blemishes with a nearby tissue.

Candy: "Ur.. He's quite dashing isn't he."

Hayato: "Dashing? Hah! It won't matter since I'm more dangerous."

At that moment, she notices the lack of something important to Hayato's character.

Candy: "And speaking of danger.. I notice Yoko-chan isn't here?"

Hayato: "You noticed right, nyeehee. International flight security has been beefing up these days. I almost got arrested that time in Switzerland for bringing her about. And before you say it's driving me mad, it definitely is."

Uncaring, she then teases..

Candy: "Oh boo hoo. Can you do me a favor and bring him here?"

Hayato: "Leave it to me."

10 seconds later.jpg

Bringing Williem along, Candy asks, with authority..

Candy: "Will. Come and sit."

Williem: "Frau Candy, he's glaring at me scary.. could I be in some sort of trouble?"

Candy: "Oh no. It's just Moto-san being Moto-san. Stand down."

An unnaturally intimidating Hayato then calms his pose.

Hayato: "Nyeehh, fine."

Williem then sits down on the table, with Hayato following suit, as they continue..

Candy: "You're among good company, even if you do say you aren't to be trusted, Will."

Williem: "Trust or not, guess who I got off the phone from.. actually, you need not guess, Frau."

Realizing that, she guesses..

Candy: "..Lulu?"

Williem: "Obvious, ja? She's been in practice. Like in some trance that she's never been into. The steps she's willing to take just to match you and your other little girlfriend."

Candy: "I'm.. actually happy for her. I mean.. these past weeks, I just find myself sickened that she's in bad company is all."

Williem: "And why's that?"

She doesn't like looking back at it again, but Candy recalls Augur..

Candy: "These people in Augur, you see.. they want me, for whatever reason they have, whether I like it or not. And they even orchestrated all kinds of trials and dangers at me. For what reason, I still don't follow.. I'm being used, and I was hoping Lulu too will realize that's what her role in there is.. but I can't prove it."

Williem gives understanding like he always does, and responds..

Williem: "That's quite sound for reasoning. I mean, to initially assume they'd go for the Mythic Initiative was a bit ballsy.."

Hayato: "Speaking of ballsy.. jiji just wanted to let you know he's going to rig as much of the GT racing you have to be with at least someone you know. Especially me. I think that's what he said."

Candy: "I think it's also good to know Augur isn't really into forced abduction anymore if Lulu got her way."

Williem: "Forced or not, we can't be sure. Whatever contact me and Mann Bernardo have been doing with these crooks, we can tell they're trying REALLY hard to not reveal anything."

Putting away the tricks and games, Candy then goes to the fruit of this revelation.

Candy: "Has she said anything?"

Williem: "That's the thing! The answer is nein, not at all! Achtung, this is like the first time she chose to clam up on me and Mann Bernardo.. two of three people she's trusted in her whole life."

Candy: "Bernardo.. I don't know if I can but I feel for you."

Not willing to stand idly by, Hayato, with a quick thought, asks.

Hayato: "Nyeehee.. may I wonder.. who might be the third person she has trust in.."

Williem: "Ahh, well.. that is easy. The big dark man himself: Jacob Ross, of course! Frau Candy, do tell if she's ever told you about the night she met him?"

Candy: "No.. not at all! I know she's got history with him, but.."

Williem: "Before his darkening of the spirit, Herr Ross has been instrumental in her growth. Perhaps we can reach out to him for another talk for this. As a member of The List, I can leverage some weight for him, considering all those shadowy dealings he's been doing."

Having recently met him, Hayato teases once again, but with no jokes..

Hayato: "You got quite the motivation, Will-chan.."

Williem: "If I can get my more traditional little schweister back, I am willing.. no pun intend."

And he's not alone in having schemes, as Candy puts it..

Candy: "I think I have an idea on how we can attack this. Looks to me I might have to focus getting Cierra back on track first.."

It's one of the best driving cars in the game? Most definitely! But is it a sleeper?

Oh hell no. The high tech wing and those slits means it's built to race. For not being a mess to drive, it all means what I get is a very solid Neutral.

But it's such a bang for your half a million credit expenditure, I have to give it the Mark of Zen that I usually give out on the Forza Horizon 5 COTW for cars that seem to keep me enthralled into the drive. Though it does usually come with a track that dictates this experience.

Soo.. what track?
The Ring.

Like a lot of tracks you fellas seem to enjoy racing on, I don't enjoy racing on the Ring, but to have a car make me think otherwise while I'm in it would mean it's THAT fine. I have to thank this car for something I probably would never want to enjoy.

Now back to my GT themed fetishes at 9.

full

Ever since I see all these hypothetical Group 3 cars clashing with real ones, GT's take on GT racing is interesting. Which brings me to: when are we nominating another of these race tamed beasts?

Perhaps after the Porsche Carrera GT, I'll get to considering a few. I've done my part with that one VGT, right?

For Rin Nishimura/Jessica Ross (5)
see Episode 2

For Tamed Racing Animal 'The Guts' (Sport)
see Episode 3

For Hayato Matsumoto (6)
see Episode 5

For Williem Weiss (5)
see Episode 34..
ehh what the freak. Killing you is gonna take some time: slow, and painful.
I'll have to redirect Will's bio to 45, and Quinlan's to 44. Or I might just consider copy pasting them over to every episode onwards.
A fan favorite cool cat with a renowned row of accolades for racing street legal machinery. Now expanding his horizons as a member of infamous racing club The List, Williem hopes to bring his long running expertise of the most infamous toll road out to the more savage wilderness that is street racing.

Theme Song: R.E.M. - Talk About The Passion
Racing Duel Music: R.E.M. - Orange Crush
Nationality: German
Current occupation: Street car racer
Distinct features: Mid-long, curled light accented blonde hair. Thick diamond shaped face with slender cheeks and a rough chin, giving a handsome flair. Narrow eyes, thin down pointed nose, and narrow mouth. Teeth show signs it's being worked on externally, and face is artificially clear of any blemishes. Average to tall height, with semi thin body frame.
Choice of clothing: Always wearing a casual motorsports getup, consisting of a turtleneck shirt under a sporty jacket, matching sports pants and shoes. 90% of the time it will be branded with Audi or the Nurburgring.
Cars: Audi R8 4.2, Audi TTS (Type 8J)

Williem came into the world as one of the two children of a well known Nurburgring specialist family hailed from Eifel. Having exposed into the racing at an early age, Williem has his daily life mixed with both racing and education. While a struggle, this allowed Williem to take things calm, cool and methodically; a mantra he lives by to this day.

A fan of 80's rock, Williem takes greatly into their cool nature and also dabbled into music, adapting in and out from playing the bass, synth keyboard, to taking the wheel of a race worthy Porsche in the early 2000s. Giving his life into succeeding the family name in this sport, he too wants his other sibling: a rage inducing little prodigy into this field. But as he learned to consider the feelings of others, Williem would take her around with his side hustle as a Nurburgring taxi driver, realizing that this is his true calling, not racing.

Eventually befriending a hot headed Spanish superstar upon adulthood, Williem would make use of his talents to be a prime car tester around various locales, especially the Nurburgring. Once hosting their yearly street racing tournament, Williem aligned slowly, as he should, into the competitive side of driving. A fan favorite fixture of the Supercar Festival events, he's made a few well known rivals in his day he's yet to best, which are a lightweight specializing French aristocrat, and an overegotistical man known as the Asian-American Badass.

Now in a relationship with a Russian known as the Queen, Williem was then persuaded to join her sister's good friend: a dark cowboy, into the leagues of street racing, with high hopes as a sleeper newcomer to the cream of the crop of US based street crews.

I can understand the Germans.

I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT! I HATE THE WEBP FORMAT!

I take ten minutes too long to dry off, I take all week to drive the COTW and gather pictures, and I get heart palpitations every time I see a table leg affixed with less than three screws. So every time I see this image of the 992 GT3 RS's airfoil-shaped suspension, I think of all the people who for the past century have considered closing the suspension off from the atmosphere enough. Not the Germans. It took them long enough, which is the same thing Kesselring said when he first had Me 262's shipped to his airbases, but they finally made every low-volume manufacturer and racing project scramble back to AutoCAD and start caring about the airflow inside of their cars' wheel wells.

And this is the result.
Ooh, big bratwurst

Simply put, the 992 (Weissach package included) is the Wolf Hoffman to everyone else's Mick Ralphs. After hours of toiling for a central front radiator and adding louvres and roof fins so the engine won't breathe all the hot air and all the other OCD-ridden detailing that somehow makes it to the showroom floor for less than 20 Jimnies, what we end up with is a Porsche 911 doing its best Thomas Preining impression. This car is only two steps removed from being a serious competitor to its GT3 R brethren - the tyres and the suspension setup.

Okay, three if you count the fuel tank. Range is a scant 122km compared to the RSR's 230km.

Sacrificing two hundred horsepower from the GT2 RS for nearly three times the downforce makes this car what it is. It being on the wrong tyre, of course. You constantly get the feeling driving on stock tyres that there is much more to be had with slicks. The front tyres are underloaded under zero acceleration and long corners, making trail braking mandatory for this car to function. If you are too light on the brakes, you'll just understeer and go wide far too soon. The effect becomes worse at higher speeds, owing to its rear-biased downforce balance. Second gear treads the fine line between worry-free launches on exit and losing the rear end. Wuss out and exit any slower corner in third, you'll miss out on a massive amount of tractive force. The 992 scares you with the thought of losing its grip if you come close to any kerb - you pray for it not to bounce, and once it does, you pray the massive front radiator scoop and rear wing force it down.

Forget the Montreal Screwjob - come to Springhügel and get the real screwing of a lifetime.

But when it does work, when you do nail the right amount of braking force and ease onto the kerbs just so, there needs no explanation. What can I say that has not already been said? It is, for all intents and purposes, a race car...

You did grind the Jeep at Bathurst to get the Mercedes in 2 hours, didn't you?

...but it won't keep up with an actual one, just barely. But you can rest assured knowing that the 992, a car that is cheaper than the GTE car, doesn't need its own trailer or semi-truck, and can be driven to your local Checkers, has the potential to give a dedicated racing machine a decent scare if given the opportunity to do so.

Number four, Laurens?

Not pictured are the several bags of fingertips that got severed by the wing closing.

And for that, I can understand it.

gt3 rs angles.png

...oh wait, crap.

Yes, Porsche does indeed list the Nein Nein Two's sorry excuses for approach, departure, and breakover angles, and that was enough of a reason for some high-as-balls PD employee to give it dirt tyres.

In some Middle Eastern countries, this is considered abuse.

I don't care how good the pictures look. This thing drags its undercarriage against the ground harder than Odie at Coachella, and don't think you can get away with using the rear wheel drive to slide it. You need to tug that handbrake every single time if you even want to dream about making a turn, because its sub-seven-minute setup cannot pull that off, and its dump-truck rear refuses to!

This is what the Car Olympics has become. Tarmac racers competing in the Fisherman's Ranch long jump, absolute clown world!

Honestly, you're better off using the old Carrera if you want something that at least can control itself in the mud. The only difference between this and divergent evolution, is that the other population stayed in its new habitat.

breaking kayfabe here, it was pretty nice to swing this car around tight turns.

Believe me, you absolutely would do the same.

BEATER, because it sucks on ice.

0-100: 3.334s
0-160: 6.667s
0-200: 10.2s
0-250: 17.4s
0-300: 44.5s
300-0: 5.65s
200-0: 4.05s
100-0: 2.217s
Vmax: 306kph
400m: 11.084s @208kph
1000m: 20.134s @ 261kph
100-150: 2.683s

Last edited:
@Skyrocket44 may be one of the newest member of the forums, but they've already been pulling their weight and more with their reviews here on this thread! To recognise their contributions, they've been given the car choice for next week! Let's hope Skyrocket doesn't choose something with an autopilot program to Mars...

The South African has chosen our first French car: the Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport '14! (...why not just call it the Peugeot Sport 208 GTi then?)

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240225145311.png

Skyrocket44​

Next week, we'll flip things back-to-front and stick our heads in a lion's mouth - I'm picking the Peugeot 208 GTi. There is a distinct lack of French cars in this thread, so it's high time we finally get to review one.

The latest in the line of Peugeot hot hatches, the 208 is one of the very few models in the industry to reverse the trend of upsizing and bloat, being much smaller and lighter than the 207 in precedes. And let's not forget, the 20X line of hot hatches is steeped in rallying pedigree. How much of that magic is still left in the 208, though?

To find out, we'll race bone stock 208s in our weekly lobbies, held on Tuesday, 27th February, 10 P.M. CST (host: Victory_Reign93) and Saturday, 2nd March, 4 P.M. Singapore time (host: XSquareStickIt) under BoP conditions to temporarily revert everything to stock, so no wide bodied cars! We'll have a bit of a headroom on the PP limit as well, in case someone wants to see how established German hot hatches stack up against the Pug!

And for this week's ~Special Challenge!~? Well, we have a doozy from Skyrocket themself!

Skyrocket44​

The lions are at Le Mans this week. They're feeling a little frisky, and they want to seek out the biggest and toughest MF's (Manceaux Fauna) to fell. It is your job to provide them with the finest-quality sport in your garage to chase down. Do not disappoint them.

Custom Race
Track: Le Mans No Chicane
Laps: 1
No. of Cars: 2
Starting Grid: 2
Standing Start
Boost set to Weak
Slipstream set to Real
Off-Track Grip Reduction set to Real
Professional Difficulty
Shortcut Penalty Strong
Car Collision Penalty On
You're driving the (fully stock) 208. What's the highest-PP stock* car you can beat?

*No touching the setup either!

As always, we welcome any opinions, stories, photos, and videos of the car from anyone!

At least in GTSport, I managed an 08.24.204 on the Nords with it. YT review: "Fun little French hatch-back. A little twitchy but still a good car."

Tsukuba battle in GTSport:

Nordschleife battle in GTSport:

Verdict: slight sleeper

p.s. I'm still waiting on these Porsche GT3 RS reviews and all your Nordschleife times!

Last edited:
The fourth–generation Suzuki Jimny: cheap, honest, capable, rugged, cute, and seemingly everyone wants one. That makes me feel stupid, because I don't understand its charm—at all. All off–roaders look the same to me, and trying to sell the Jimny's rugged capabilities to someone in a concrete jungle like me is not just barking up the wrong tree; they'd be in the wrong forest entirely. I can appreciate a cheap, simple, yet capable tool for a job, sure, but I can't help but to feel a tad sad that those basic qualities are rare enough nowadays to become selling points in this industry.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240215232107.png

Style by Haro_GT: Monster SPORT TOUGH STYLE Jimny
#monstersport #tough #replica

Style by tsubo_ms-14s: KZFxC YH Moty’s Jimny 2023
#kzf #rarry

And if I don't even understand its appeal in the real world where the Jimny does its best work, imagine the mental Jimnastics I'd have to go through to like it in a game that mostly features smooth, wide racetracks with long straights to facilitate racing GT3 and LMP1 cars. It sounds about as miserable as my bad pun, doesn't it?

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240218154613.png

Because of its extremely short and close 1st and 2nd gears primarily used for climbing steep inclines and digging itself out of mud, the Jimny has a shockingly explosive launch off the line in tandem with its 4WD system; we're talking 0–60 times of a very respectable 5.6 seconds... if measured in km/h. Past 52km/h, 3rd gear has to get involved, and that's when the pain and agony really sets in, as it'd take roughly another 10 whole seconds before the Jimny gasps and wheezes its way to triple digit speeds. I very strongly recommend readying up a Spotify playlist, or just creating your own music playlist on a USB drive and hooking it up to your PlayStation before hopping into a Jimny, strictly as aid to stay awake, because the turbocharged 3 cylinder Kei engine isn't particularly charismatic or informative in the grunts and groans it drones out in the lethargic crawl to the next corner, hyperventilating as it approaches its 7,200rpm rev limit. It thus appreciates some short shifting, but 3rd, 4th, and 5th are all so far apart from each other that there is merit in holding onto a lower gear for awhile even after the engine starts to noticeably teeter off a cliff at 6,7. Because of its oddly spaced gears, I can't really pinpoint any particular shift point for the Jimny; it all depends on the corner and which gear the car's in. Generally speaking, I shift the car earlier the higher the gears go. Of particular note is that ultra annoying big gap between 4th and 3rd, which will require 4th gear to dip to around 4,5—well below where the engine makes usable power and notable noise—before the car can shift down into 3rd. This counterintuitive gap means that I'd probably have blown up many a R06A engine on downshifts if engine damage was simulated in GT7, and it's gut wrenching to accidentally do every time, even if engine abuse sadly seems to be the way to get the shortest braking distances in this game.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240218154631.png

Once, or IF the Jimny actually gets to a corner, that's when things somehow get worse. Unlike the vast majority of rally cars in GT7 that come with a more flexible AWD system for a curving road, the Jimny instead has a part–time 4WD system with a transfer case to traverse terrain and obstacles that would make the aforementioned cars leak their oil pans. Unfortunately, said 4WD system is forced on at all times in this game, which just results in comical understeer on a paved racetrack. In fact, the only other car I can compare the Jimny to in terms of driving feel is the 1945 Jeep Willys MB, in that both these cars are inherently understeery thanks to their 4WD systems, making them prone to feeling like being railroaded on a paved racetrack. With live axles also come extremely limited camber angle on the wheels to help dig grip out of tarmac, and as a result, these cars stop much better than they turn, and will require drivers to have mostly eased off the middle pedal before the cars are willing to hunt an apex. Because of this relatively low lateral load for their grip level, the cars don't roll that much when turned, which can give off a sense of tautness belying their soft springs when the tyres have grip, but suddenly become utterly helpless when said grip is lost. Hustling a Jimny around a racetrack then, involves protecting the heavily laden front tyres as though a critically endangered species of wildlife, making sure never to overwhelm them, lest the entire car seize up via the 4WD transfer case acting as a locked differential, costing the driver enough momentum to move mountains. Easier said than done with only 175mm tyres all four corners, Comfort Medium compound by default. In the wet, this transforms the steering wheel into some sort of an alien rotary massage device, as it will judder and clatter non stop with every minute request to redirect the car, making it an utterly miserable chore to wade through a wet track in spite the advantage on paper the Jimny ought to have with traction, driving all four of its wheels.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240215232208.png

It may sound horrible to drive thus far, but the Jimny does have some traits of a fun little sports car, shocking as it is for me to write this. While the front tyres overwhelm easily, deliberately timing brake pedal abuse while the front tyres are turned and hooked up can very quickly send the short wheelbase Jimny into a slide from the sudden weight shift of its 1,030kg (2,271lbs) body stilted up 205mm (8.07in) above the ground, short–lived said slide may be from the lack of power to hold it. This makes the Jimny stupidly fun to chuck into tight corners that involve just a short, sharp dab of the brakes, such as The Chicane of Goodwood, and because that's the quickest way to actually get through those sections, it really challenges the driver to be an efficient hooligan!

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240218171641.png

Of course, power is at a premium as well, and like a good sports car, the Jimny heavily emphasises momentum driving. I had initially thought that a 63HP (47kW) car that struggles to get past 120km/h (75mph) would be too slow to race, but because the Jimny gets devoured alive by atmospheric air, it punches out a veritable black hole in its wake even at the meek speeds it does, which very noticeably sucks in trailing cars, be they similarly bone stock Jimnys, and it has just enough power and gears to take advantage of this to make one–make racing viable, unlike the Jeep and Himedic. Couple this with its somewhat idiosyncratic needs, along with heavy emphasis on momentum, and the end result is a car that lends itself to pretty ridiculous racing, keeping the pack close together while simultaneously putting a magnifying glass over the drivers' skill and adaptability. Equip the startlingly grippy dirt or snow tyres on this car, and it suddenly becomes a gargantuan test in keeping the steering wheel smooth, because all that grip means that simply turning the wheel too quickly can bust out the rear end of the car, costing crucial momentum, a stark contrast to how it handles on paved surfaces with its default Comfort Medium tyres.

I haven't understood the Jimny in real life where it does its best work, and I hadn't expected to like it in Gran Turismo 7, but the Jimny very pleasantly surprised this city boy in the virtual world, and while I still feel like I'm completely misunderstanding its intent in the real world by misusing it in a racing video game, I've still somehow come to like and respect it a fair bit all the same. Heck, most of the things I wish were better in my time with the Jimny weren't even the Jimny's fault; they were the fault of the game—I wish dirt tyres weren't so ridiculously grippy in this game, because they feel like racing items. I wish they came in different grades and hardness levels just like road tyres, allowing the Jimny to actually hold a slide under its own power on a loose surface. I also wish there were more tiny tracks like Horse Thief Mile in the game to really let cars of the Jimny's power level really shine and come alive on. It's a sleeper to me as it is now, but I have a very strong feeling that it's going to get a spicy engine swap in the near future to make it a truly compelling bargain buy. In the meantime, though, that itch can only be somewhat satiated by taking a listen to a Jimny on an aftermarket exhaust make bloody Countach noises.

Last edited:
Okaaaaay.

View attachment 1331832

From now on, we're not allowed to turn on fuel/tyre wear.
See, this is the sort of thing you spring on the eleventh hour to punk everyone with, leaving them no time to respond.

Here's me beating a 584.02PP Racing Kart around la Sarthe, with no rain nor fuel consumption.

グランツーリスモ™ 7_20240227151227.png

Really, really surprised that the Kart can be selected as an opponent in a custom race. Now I can ram one head on with a truck... :mischievous:

"GTI" in this industry means "Grand Tourer Injection", and has been the calling card of high performance Volkswagen Golfs since its first generation all the way back in the seventies—a tradition that continues to this day with the eighth–generation Golf GTI. For someone else to take those synonymous three letters and slap it onto another car then, is like someone barging into your country, speaking your language better than you, performing your job better than you, and then cucking your wife after all is said and done. And as if all that weren't enough of a kick in the balls already, you might be left with no choice at the end of the day but to have to admit to yourself that they really are that damn good, and deserve all the accolades you had more than you do.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001707.png

Style edited from R:RACING EVOLUTION GT2クラス 206 by RGM-79D_RAYBRIG
#racecar #rally

The 2014 Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport then, is a lesson on the importance of trademarks. If it were me naming the car, though, I'd name it the "2014 Peugeot 208 GTi by Way of Completely Disregarding Ethics and Sportsmanship™", because aside from its outlandish name–jacking shenanigans, the performance it packs in its minuscule B–Segment silhouette is completely heads, shoulders, and raised middle fingers above its category, as if it weren't playing by an unspoken set of rules obeyed by others; It has a whopping 204HP (152kW) in a class where 160HP would be considered quite extreme, and it's only a touch heavier than other B–segment cars at a nice and even 1,200kg (2,646lbs). Needless to say, then, no supermini in the game, be it Mitos, i3s, DS3s, Coopers, Swifts, or Polos, is going to even go close enough to get sprayed by the rooster tail coming off a 208; we'll have to go into full sized hot hatch to be able to find adequate competition for the plucky Pug. The Golf VII GTI struggles to stay with the 208 even with the latter's slipstream, and it'd take something much more high–tech and expensive, or just a straight up nutjob car, like a Clio EDC, Mégane R.S. Trophy, or a bloody FC RX-7, to comfortably edge out the tiny 208 on the track.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240229213301.png

And don't think that the 208 is all numbers and no finesse, either, because the 208 GTi I opine might just be the best handling FF production hatchback in the game! This thing utilises a proper sports car recipe, with no frills, no gimmicks, no computer BS: just a good, rev happy engine with healthy mid range turbo torque, going through a snappy, close–ratio 6–speed stick shift to the front wheels, distributed via an excruciating rarity in its category: a Limited Slip Differential. It's therefore intuitive to drive, easy to place, properly talkative, and gives no surprises. It stops great, corners quick, puts down power well out of corners thanks to its Torsen LSD system, and pulls hard on the straights. For a car with the obscene power it has, power understeer is nearly non–existent, as the driver can very tactilely and proportionately control the increase of turning radius via the throttle pedal, and the Torsen Limited Slip Differential isn't as much torque sensing as it is thought reading. There is none of that awful lifting of the front end on power out of a corner, either; the front end just stays planted and responsive despite the tidal wave of power being transmitted efficiently onto the pavement, and the car never feels nose heavy despite being an FF, thanks to its tiny wheelbase helping it rotate.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001634.png

In fact, this packet of fireworks rotates so well and handles so wonderfully that, on loose surfaces like dirt and snow, one needs only to lift off the loud pedal and flick the steering wheel hard for the front end of the 208 to bite in viciously, with the rear end starting a slide of ludicrous angles, and it genuinely feels no different from a bespoke rally machine all the way until power needs to be re–administered to hold a slide, at which point the power starts to pull the car back into a boring and slightly painful reality again, holding it straight and true. But god damnit, for half the corner, I could see, I could FEEL the damn thing's rally heritage in full, as though it never left. I really wonder what a rally homologation special version of the 208 must feel like!

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240302180456.png

About the only slight complaint I've felt throughout the week was that the car can take a while for its weight to shift laterally when tackling switchbacks and chicanes, but that's a pretty minor complaint in the face of all that it does impeccably well. If you'll pardon the bombastic statement, I genuinely think the 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport is the 911 GT3 RS of the hot hatch segment; sure, it's not the fastest thing in its category, but it does everything so well at such a high level, and its handling utterly shames faster and slower offerings alike, and it's just SUCH a joy to drive. Everything is judged and put together so well, that there isn't a single thing on it I'd want to change!

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001653.png

As if it needs me saying at this point, the Peugeot Sport 208 GTi is a Sleeper, Keeper, and oh my god where HAVE you been my whole life?!

"GTI" in this industry means "Grand Tourer Injection", and has been the calling card of high performance Volkswagen Golfs since its first generation all the way back in the seventies—a tradition that continues to this day with the eighth–generation Golf GTI. For someone else to take those synonymous three letters and slap it onto another car then, is like someone barging into your country, speaking your language better than you, performing your job better than you, and then cucking your wife after all is said and done. And as if all that weren't enough of a kick in the balls already, you might be left with no choice at the end of the day but to have to admit to yourself that they really are that damn good, and deserve all the accolades you had more than you do.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001707.png

Style edited from R:RACING EVOLUTION GT2クラス 206 by RGM-79D_RAYBRIG
#racecar #rally

The 2014 Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport then, is a lesson on the importance of trademarks. If it were me naming the car, though, I'd name it the "2014 Peugeot 208 GTi by Way of Completely Disregarding Ethics and Sportsmanship™", because aside from its outlandish name–jacking shenanigans, the performance it packs in its minuscule B–Segment silhouette is completely heads, shoulders, and raised middle fingers above its category, as if it weren't playing by an unspoken set of rules obeyed by others; It has a whopping 204HP (152kW) in a class where 160HP would be considered quite extreme, and it's only a touch heavier than other B–segment cars at a nice and even 1,200kg (2,646lbs). Needless to say, then, no supermini in the game, be it Mitos, i3s, DS3s, Coopers, Swifts, or Polos, is going to even go close enough to get sprayed by the rooster tail coming off a 208; we'll have to go into full sized hot hatch to be able to find adequate competition for the plucky Pug. The Golf VII GTI struggles to stay with the 208 even with the latter's slipstream, and it'd take something much more high–tech and expensive, or just a straight up nutjob car, like a Clio EDC, Mégane R.S. Trophy, or a bloody FC RX-7, to comfortably edge out the tiny 208 on the track.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240229213301.png

And don't think that the 208 is all numbers and no finesse, either, because the 208 GTi I opine might just be the best handling FF production hatchback in the game! This thing utilises a proper sports car recipe, with no frills, no gimmicks, no computer BS: just a good, rev happy engine with healthy mid range turbo torque, going through a snappy, close–ratio 6–speed stick shift to the front wheels, distributed via an excruciating rarity in its category: a Limited Slip Differential. It's therefore intuitive to drive, easy to place, properly talkative, and gives no surprises. It stops great, corners quick, puts down power well out of corners thanks to its Torsen LSD system, and pulls hard on the straights. For a car with the obscene power it has, power understeer is nearly non–existent, as the driver can very tactilely and proportionately control the increase of turning radius via the throttle pedal, and the Torsen Limited Slip Differential isn't as much torque sensing as it is thought reading. There is none of that awful lifting of the front end on power out of a corner, either; the front end just stays planted and responsive despite the tidal wave of power being transmitted efficiently onto the pavement, and the car never feels nose heavy despite being an FF, thanks to its tiny wheelbase helping it rotate.

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001634.png

In fact, this packet of fireworks rotates so well and handles so wonderfully that, on loose surfaces like dirt and snow, one needs only to lift off the loud pedal and flick the steering wheel hard for the front end of the 208 to bite in viciously, with the rear end starting a slide of ludicrous angles, and it genuinely feels no different from a bespoke rally machine all the way until power needs to be re–administered to hold a slide, at which point the power starts to pull the car back into a boring and slightly painful reality again, holding it straight and true. But god damnit, for half the corner, I could see, I could FEEL the damn thing's rally heritage in full, as though it never left. I really wonder what a rally homologation special version of the 208 must feel like!

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240302180456.png

About the only slight complaint I've felt throughout the week was that the car can take a while for its weight to shift laterally when tackling switchbacks and chicanes, but that's a pretty minor complaint in the face of all that it does impeccably well. If you'll pardon the bombastic statement, I genuinely think the 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport is the 911 GT3 RS of the hot hatch segment; sure, it's not the fastest thing in its category, but it does everything so well at such a high level, and its handling utterly shames faster and slower offerings alike, and it's just SUCH a joy to drive. Everything is judged and put together so well, that there isn't a single thing on it I'd want to change!

%E3%82%B0%E3%83%A9%E3%83%B3%E3%83%84%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A2%E2%84%A2%207_20240303001653.png

As if it needs me saying at this point, the Peugeot Sport 208 GTi is a Sleeper, Keeper, and oh my god where HAVE you been my whole life?!
200 (14).gif

:P

(Click Squares post to expand and look at the bottom)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back